Gordon Murray T50 Live Launch

Carlos

Re: Gordon Murray T50 Live Launch

Post by Carlos »

I can see the Mclaren F1 design elements but its almost to stealth and slippery for its own good!

Ultima looks magic though, like Mad Max's Le mans car 8-)
Last edited by Carlos on Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Gearing discussion is all well and good, but when are Meaden, Harris or Bov going to spank this round a track and some European twisties in a Yowchoob video :?:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

mik wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:49 pm @Sundayjumper - agree - the fan exit is definitely the most jarring styling element for me too.

The front styling isn't a million miles away from the new Noble M500, but the latter has far more to catch the eye.

Whenever I see it from the front
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

He's fvcked it
Should have gone for a fresh design as it will always look like a crap F1.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Front end looks like an f1 and a mk3 mr2 had a baby.

It’s not ugly, but it’s not pretty or purposeful or aggressive either
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

That wiper is still laughably clumsy looking. For a guy who's obsessed with details, he forgot that one.
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:59 pm That wiper is still laughably clumsy
I saw this vid earlier and though “I’d better not post that or Rich will get upset… :D

Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I was upset.

But then hearing it go up the hill makes you realise what is completely missing from super fast EVs. The soundtrack just changes everything about how exciting it is.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

To be honest, the wiper on the F1 is a bit clumsy and sticky outy. So I had a look at another car. I seem to remember big things being made about the slippery shape of the xj220 and its aerodynamic ripples on the bonnet. But nope, wipers proudly sticking out at the bottom of the screen like something from the 1970s.

I mean, hiding the wipers wasn’t exactly a fresh concept, just off the top of my head of cars I’ve owned even the early 80s bmw e30 has a large chunk of the arm tucked behind the trail edge of the bonnet. Not only is this more visually pleasing but you’d think it would give aero and noise benefits too 🤷🏻‍♂️
Cheers, Harry
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Don’t give a fvck about a wiper looking weird.. it looks even better irl, so much want!
Cheers,

Ian
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

It does look better moving.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I'm curious as to whether that is legal to drive on racetracks in terms of drive by noise and how long the cats will last.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Thought Ollie was going to have a bit of a tear in his eye when he was doing the conclusion.

I doubt there'll ever be a better driver's car out there after watching that.
mik

Post by mik »

That engine sure seems to dominate things. 8-) As far as I can tell, it sounds pretty much like a washing machine at low throttle openings, but as soon as you open the taps.... :shock:

Glad to see the positive press. I know Mr Murray stresses that it is very much a road car, but I am still interested to see someone get one on a track to assess whether some of the decisions like no PAS make so much sense in that environment (should you need to correct a slide for example and require to move that wheel quickly).

And yeah its a bit showy for a low-key design, but it does look rather feckin' fabulous when you do that "open all doors" thing on the key fob. :oops:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

In the magazine it says he admits he did. Looks a proper weapon! 😍
Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

mik wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:13 am I know Mr Murray stresses that it is very much a road car, but I am still interested to see someone get one on a track to assess whether some of the decisions like no PAS make so much sense in that environment (should you need to correct a slide for example and require to move that wheel quickly).
I'm sure the sort of person with the budget to spunk a few million quid on a car can stretch it so they can have both the road version, and the track version (which is effectively a different model IIRC due to all the changes?)

If not, what are they, a pauper?
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:13 am That engine sure seems to dominate things. 8-) As far as I can tell, it sounds pretty much like a washing machine at low throttle openings, but as soon as you open the taps.... :shock:

Glad to see the positive press. I know Mr Murray stresses that it is very much a road car, but I am still interested to see someone get one on a track to assess whether some of the decisions like no PAS make so much sense in that environment (should you need to correct a slide for example and require to move that wheel quickly).

And yeah its a bit showy for a low-key design, but it does look rather feckin' fabulous when you do that "open all doors" thing on the key fob. :oops:
Have never had an issue dialling in opposit lock in the Elise's.
mik

Post by mik »

scotta wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:51 am Have never had an issue dialling in opposit lock in the Elise's.
Yeah it might be absolutely fine as it's <1 tonne with fluids, but it's 235-section fronts and Oli specifically mentions his shoulders aching - so I'm just interested.
mik

Post by mik »

Slight aside - saw this earlier. How tiny does the F1 look 8-) I bet there aren't many that get parked up in public now - kudos to the owner.

Some issues with the headlight coating though. Ridiculous. Rubbish cars.... :roll:

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

That engine noise is absolutely epic.

I think it looks incredible from almost all angles, but agree with everyone else that the wiper and front end are a bit, um, challenging.
Cheers,

Mike.