Talk me out of buying a car

240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Re: Talk me out of buying a car

Post by 240PP »

I was looking at these a couple of years ago after a I got a lift home in one. I was a bit pissed bit I remember being really impressed with the ride and waftability. I tried to find an S but they were in short supply. It was also difficult to find any XF with a black interior.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

240PP wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:19 am I was looking at these a couple of years ago after a I got a lift home in one. I was a bit pissed bit I remember being really impressed with the ride and waftability. I tried to find an S but they were in short supply. It was also difficult to find any XF with a black interior.
There are lots of Ses on autotrader at the moment. It's about 50:50 black:cream interiors as far as I can see - I much preferred the lighter interior as you get more of a feeling of space inside.

The thrill of wafting.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I was looking at pre-facelifts though and they all seemed to be grey or cream interior with lots of walnut.

I could see myself in one one day, or their modern equivalent. Then I start looking at XJs until I realise I’m not old enough.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

240PP wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:26 pm I was looking at pre-facelifts though and they all seemed to be grey or cream interior with lots of walnut.

I could see myself in one one day, or their modern equivalent. Then I start looking at XJs until I realise I’m not old enough.
Don't sell yourself short, you can be as old as you like!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:52 am Need to get some good ‘uns but here’s one from over the weekend...
Looks lovely. The 3.0 diesel is quite quick too. My old MD had one and we had an "impromptu benchmarking exercise" against my old 9-5 Aero. Even when we were in situations that suited my gearing, the Jag would easily pull a gap.
Banal Vapid Platitudes