Fish Supper

I consume mine

Contents Transferred onto a plate, eaten using a knife and fork.
57%
As above but using fine bone China and silver cutlery only
3%
In Paper placed on table/placemat using my hands (aka THE ONLY CORRECT WAY)
24%
In Paper placed onto a plate so I can clean more dishes
8%
Off the floor using feet only
No votes
By ramming my face into the paper packaging - no hands (aka the Mudge method)
3%
I am fed by the butler
3%
Eww - a chip shop? I’d rather starve!
3%
I just shove it all up my bottom / in my ears etc. But with a knife and fork - I’m not an animal.
No votes

Total votes: 37

V8Granite

Re: Fish Supper

Post by V8Granite »

So you pick at the fish like an animal ?

We have evolved from those ways people!!!

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I notice a trend here. The cutlery users are all from the wrong side of the border. Clearly think they’re better than us :lol:
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

Battered fish is torn in a manner not dissimilar to tearing off a piece of naan bread to dip in your curry. Assuming you don’t use a knife and fork for that of course.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm I notice a trend here. The cutlery users are all from the wrong side of the border. Clearly think they’re better than us :lol:
I bet they even put the Pickled Egg through one of those slicer things :roll: :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I have never had battered fish from a fish and chip shop and I never will...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm I notice a trend here. The cutlery users are all from the wrong side of the border. Clearly think they’re better than us :lol:
Our fingers are definitely less greasy! 😂
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm I notice a trend here. The cutlery users are all from the wrong side of the border. Clearly KNOW they’re better than us :lol:
Corrected that for you.

The proper way is in a lidded tray, with knife and fork covered in lashings of curry sauce.

RichB is correct on the fingers thing here! You're a bunch of bloody savages 😂
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I’m also laughing at the rest of the things you eat with your fingers your filthy animals!

Sausages, Black Puddings, White Pudding, Haggis, Pizza-crunch (No idea what these are!), Saveloy...

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s been served in a cardboard box down south since forever.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:59 pm I’m also laughing at the rest of the things you eat with your fingers your filthy animals!

Sausages, Black Puddings, White Pudding, Haggis, Pizza-crunch (No idea what these are!), Saveloy...

Saveloys are an English thing, they look grim.

Pizza crunch is a cheap pizza covered in batter and deep fried. It’s gloriously awful.
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

RichBEtiquite:

Fingers or cutlery for
> naan bread
> pakora
> spring rolls
> sausage & egg McMuffin
> toast & cheese
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm RichBEtiquite:

Fingers or cutlery for
> naan bread
> pakora
> spring rolls
> sausage & egg McMuffin
> toast & cheese
Don’t go trying to make this thread about me just because you’ve been exposed as a Neanderthal!! Those are all clearly suitable to be eaten using your hands.
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Out of the paper is the only correct way - I know this for a fact as:

a) I'm from Great Yarmouth - the true home of "Fish & Chips" and where none taste finer.
b) First job was taking eyes out of potatoes before they were chipped (i was 12 and was paid £1.5o per hour and free fish and chips to take home each night)
c) Ran a chip shop as a student job during summer hols (Bygone Village in Fleggburgh - now replaced by executive homes, it was a gloriously awful and tacky place but tourists loved it until better local alternatives for entertainment were built and then it died a slow painful death... look it up!)

This makes me the forum expert - unless anyone cares to challenge that with better credentials

/thread
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I’m not sure where everyone is from, which is the wrong side of the border to you? I’m from the north and have never eaten them out of the paper or plastic boxes as there are now served in. As an aside, our locally chippy has put his prices up 3 times since lockdown began. :x
mik

Post by mik »

teacherboy wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:22 pm Out of the paper is the only correct way - I know this for a fact
But with hands or cutlery, feet, biohazard suit etc ?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

mik wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:27 pm
teacherboy wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:22 pm Out of the paper is the only correct way - I know this for a fact
I'm assuming the classic wooden spork if he's a die hard seaside fish and chip person.

Don't get me wrong, if I was buying them from the seaside to walk around with (as I have done many times) I'm not going to bring a plate, knife and fork. That's just for when buying it to eat at home in front of the telly.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

This thread has just confirmed the need for a “like” button of some sort.
Cheers,

Mike.
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

mik wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:27 pm
Doing a handstand, whilst trying to fend off aggressive pigeons and seagulls determined to rob you of your fish & chip supper - not allowed to have a wall to lean on though, that would just make you a pansy
mik

Post by mik »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:32 pm I'm assuming the classic wooden spork if he's a die hard seaside fish and chip person.
A/ I believe fish suppers pre-date the introduction of these things
2/ Show me a video of anyone managing to consume a piece of battered fish with one of them. Only possible if witch.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:26 pm
I’m not sure where everyone is from, which is the wrong side of the border to you? I’m from the north and have never eaten them out of the paper or plastic boxes as there are now served in. As an aside, our locally chippy has put his prices up 3 times since lockdown began. :x
Its a scientific fact that they taste better when eaten from the paper. Boxes and cartons? Not so sure.
Cheers,

Mike.