FAO Alex

ShockDiamonds

Re: FAO Alex

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:35 pm You’d still end up ignoring us and buying the wrong garden sprinkler.
Don't need one currently anyway because it's pissing with rain :) At last...
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Gavin wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:43 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:55 pm
Gavin wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:26 pm

I did not offer advice for you to ignore. I also encouraged you to do what you wanted. :lol: Did you read what i had posted or just guessed and spraff shite? Having suffered a few minutes of one of your car reviews I tend towards the latter.
Yep standard issue, when it doesn't go your way you start with the insults. You made the point that I ignored advice and bought a pup. Are you saying that you didn't support that previous advice from others? And in this particular thread, I've asked an innocent question and it's you who have chosen to tie it with the previous 520d thread, then making comments about 'just buy it and don't ask' when that is at least partly how the forum functions in the first place. It's a bit pathetic, to be honest Gavin, and now rather than admitting it you're trying any other line you can to avoid it :roll:

To requote you:

"This ^ (whole thread) is what reminds me of the 520D thread, in the face of overwhelming well intentioned advice from knowledgeable car owners and enthusiasts with real world experience you stubbornly clung to your original desire."

Overwhelming, well-intentioned, stubbornly

These are your words. They demonstrate your thoughts here. You're casting aspersions on my, apparent, disregard of other's advice (even though I've followed it in this thread FFS! :lol:) and you're creating this whole discussion, not me. Ergo my comments about whether you will start questioning my garden sprinkler thread if I opted to start one.

Maybe I'm just in a grump today, dunno, but bottom line Gavin, there's zero need other than your own amusement to connect this thread to the 520d thread, there's no evidence of me not listening to advice and if I choose to nevertheless still buy a DB7 then because it's ultimately my choice, I will do so. Yeah yeah you will now say "I didn't say not to" but it's what you have said which is releavnt here and causing the disagreement, not what you haven't said.
I have read that a few times and am still struggling to get what you are saying. This thread does remind me of the 520D thread. I didn't say that it reminds everyone.

You DID in the previous thread ignore advice that subsequently proved to be correct.

I laughingly pointed that out and then suggested you ignore any advice and go with what you fancied because wafting in an Aston is cool.

I am not sure my standard form is to insult people but feel free to waste your time to find a couple of examples if it means that much to you.

And yes, I suspect you are having a grump, coupled perhaps with some other emotion that makes you get mega defensive when reminded of previous folly.

As to the last sentence, it really makes no sense, possibly me being a bit dense but the whole forum ripped you for the 520 and Mockdiamonds and your car reviews and you have to the best of my recollection had a number of hissy fits and possibly even a flounce??

Anyway, to reiterate the only point I had, this does remind me of the previous thread, i don't care if I am the only one it does. I repeat again, go buy what you want to buy.

I honestly could not care what you buy, as long as you are happy.
Gavin, there is just no need for this, that's all:

This seems to be reminiscent of the "Should I buy a doom blue 5series with the shit engine but all the options"

Just buy what you want, why even ask the collective?

The 'shit engine' reference, the 'why ask' reference, 'buy what you want'. I'm opening up a conversation about a pretty major decision and you're using it as an opportunity (poorly chosen) to tie it back to my previous choice, and then relating my responses to a lack of willingness to follow advice, which is just plain wrong anyway. It's insulting and uncalled for, that's my point.

And being reminded of 'previous folly' doesn't bother me at all. I'm saying that in this instance it was utterly uncalled for, whereas your thought was to resurrect the past because you could.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Shockers, the correct response was "Fucked if I'm doing that again" and then ignoring any future references.

You know what this place is like. I've had the piss taken out of me constantly for the incredible amount of things I've done in the past that could be described as 'questionably wise', and my general response is

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because it's only the OV9 forum, after all.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Oh yeah agreed, doesn’t stop me calling out stupid responses though :)