Your lockdown purchases.

Orange Cola

Re: Your lockdown purchases.

Post by Orange Cola »

Rich B wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:43 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:42 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:50 pm
When you mute someone, does it mute them for everyone on teams?
Yes it does.
excellent - I’d been doing it without realising then. Ta
I am assuming it's a standard feature but thinking about it you might have a different set up, for example being able to turn read receipts on and off is configurable by the users job grade in our work... I suggest you try it by muting someone who's talking inane shite at the start of a meeting before its really kicked off and others are having issues joining just to see if it's working for your implementation too.

Our implementation won't show you who's muted you, again, might be something 'configurable' by the IT crowd...
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:57 pm I bought a cover for the barbeque. That's how exciting it is!
I need to do this still yet. Today's purchase was 2 crates of beer and a crate of cider. And I have some Campari and Cold And Blac sat in my basket for masterofmalt

I bust our 30yo shredder 2 days ago so may yet be buying more garden tools. Modern shredders look a bit shit though so I'm trying to source a suitable replacement belt drive for this first
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Knock off Chinese Lego caterham- just in the country now so not got it yet
Revel Land Rover series 3 model kit
Pressure washer
Various basic garden tools, having gone from a house with a big concrete slab to a house with a garden I’m having to get everything- got given a hardly used electric lawnmower though so saved there
New pillows
Postcrete and fence paint- already had the timber
Tilley lamp service kit to rejuvenate a very knackered lamp
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

16vCento wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:10 am
C70 Dynaudio Speakers and amp to fit to S60

Forgot I was watching a Dynaudio sub (just the driver) from a Golf 7 and missed it :(
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I seem to be falling foul of the ads on Facebook. So far in my inebriated state, I've bought some of that magic phone screen repair liquid and last night bought a new mountain bike helmet. None have arrived yet, so I'm expecting them to be shit.

I'm also keeping my local independent brewery in business single handed.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Just ordered a Ryobi cordless strimmer.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:47 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:43 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:42 pm

Yes it does.
excellent - I’d been doing it without realising then. Ta
I am assuming it's a standard feature but thinking about it you might have a different set up, for example being able to turn read receipts on and off is configurable by the users job grade in our work... I suggest you try it by muting someone who's talking inane shite at the start of a meeting before its really kicked off and others are having issues joining just to see if it's working for your implementation too.

Our implementation won't show you who's muted you, again, might be something 'configurable' by the IT crowd...
When we use it you can mute anyone for everyone which is nice. It also doesn't show who did it. There been an update to Teams as now you get up to 12 or 15 on a screen.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

McSwede wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:49 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:47 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:43 pm excellent - I’d been doing it without realising then. Ta

When we use it you can mute anyone for everyone which is nice. It also doesn't show who did it. There been an update to Teams as now you get up to 12 or 15 on a screen.
It just looks like a blatant zoom copy. I find teams is awful at uploading anything vaguely large on a slower connection too, it just gives up too easy like the time limit is set too early (it’s a large excel document that’s a standard company format)
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I've basically spent no money since lockdown, other than essentials like food.

Although I did just order a new whisky and a 12TB drive for the NAS.

That's it though...
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

An entire anti-rust arsenal for the Celica!
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

JonMad wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:11 pm
Delphi wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:52 pm A Karcher WD4 Vac for the astro-turf.
We're contemplating some when we finally do the patio. Had it long? Any good?
It was put down by the previous owners. It's great as you can just hose it down (we have a dog) and when it's rainy your garden doesn't resemble the Somme. It's great for Max to play on too.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Land Rover done, paintwork won’t win any awards but kept me busy for a week or so
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Better paint job than what came out the factory :lol:

Looks really good!
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

Looks good, is that a pube on bonnet? :D
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:00 pm It just looks like a blatant zoom copy. I find teams is awful at uploading anything vaguely large on a slower connection too, it just gives up too easy like the time limit is set too early (it’s a large excel document that’s a standard company format)
I'm finding that Teams doesn't prioritise speech over video like Zoom does, so if one of the participants has a poor connection on Zoom you can still hear them when their image freezes, yet on Teams the audio goes too. Pretty poor from Microsoft.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Shlergen wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:13 am Looks good, is that a pube on bonnet? :D
Nope, it’s the cheap brush you get that starts shedding after a while
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Jobbo wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:24 am
Orange Cola wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:00 pm It just looks like a blatant zoom copy. I find teams is awful at uploading anything vaguely large on a slower connection too, it just gives up too easy like the time limit is set too early (it’s a large excel document that’s a standard company format)
I'm finding that Teams doesn't prioritise speech over video like Zoom does, so if one of the participants has a poor connection on Zoom you can still hear them when their image freezes, yet on Teams the audio goes too. Pretty poor from Microsoft.
I’m struggling with that a lot, there’s two of us working from home and we are both using teams, plus the village bandwidth has been suffering considerably since lockdown. There are a number of people in both our work places who insist on using the video connection so we frequently run out of bandwidth and drop out of the meeting altogether. Zoom last night was absolutely fine, the video kept dropping but we never ended up out of the meeting altogether.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

We use Skype and it's been pretty faultless so far. Very clear audio, no issues with Video for those who want to use it.

A touch screen laptop helps for muting and unmuting etc.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Dinny, it doesn't sound like anyone on your calls is having connection issues. My dad is 75, has the wifi router at the opposite end of his house to his laptop and has the cheapest internet connection possible in a rural area. If he were round the corner, I'd be able to do something to help him but he's a couple of hours away. He'd be better off using his phone's data connection on a call, to be honest, but trying to get him to force that when he's connected to wifi isn't really possible either.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Yeah that must be difficult. Sounds like he could use some sort of booster when you can get over to see him.

My folks internet connection is pretty poor too (similar to your dad's situation) and they occasionally freeze on Zoom calls (Skype for work / Zoom for family calls)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…