Holiday Refunds Thread

Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Re: Holiday Refunds Thread

Post by Gavin »

I got several e-mails saying I had been successful but cannot find the refund on a card so perhaps Travel Republic take a few days. The site and e-mails were about as clear as mud!
tim

Post by tim »

RyanAir being cunts as per.

They cancelled our outbound flights on 24th March, but not the return until the 30th. So followed the link and filled in the form, submitted it and was hoping maybe they might email some kind of confirmation. Nope. So you can't prove you asked for it for insurance purposes, nice.

Then I get another email on 9th April with the flight reference in it saying refund requests will take a while due to blah blah blah. So at least now I have a link between my refund request and the flight.

In the background my other half is going through the same process for her and her girls seats on the same flight, only she didn't get the latter email.

No sign of any money back to our credit cards yet.

This morning she gets an email saying here are your flight vouchers, and if you don't want them but want a refund, then click this link... which takes you to a contact us page. You can imagine how easy it is to get through to them via phone/chat etc. Fucking slippery cunts. I've not had the same as yet, but I expect I will.

So 3 almost 4 weeks in they've decided a refund means vouchers and here's some more hoops for you to jump through if you actually want what you asked for in the first place.

In the mean time we're a grand out of pocket between us.

Cunts.
Simon

Post by Simon »

But really, is any of this a surprise to you?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, not saying it to be an arse, but I wouldn’t spend a grand with RyanAir ever!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Just do a section 75 on the credit cards maybe? It's clearly over £100....
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We’re having the same issue except they offered us the refund and confirmed they were processing the refund but we had to wait 28 working days for the money to come through. Then the voucher turned up with the same bullshit that if we want the money we have to apply for it but that they won’t even start processing refunds until “after the Coronavirus crisis ends”.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
tim

Post by tim »

Rich B wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:56 pm Yeah, not saying it to be an arse, but I wouldn’t spend a grand with RyanAir ever!
Nobody else flys into Limoges - we had no choice.
tim

Post by tim »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:16 pm We’re having the same issue except they offered us the refund and confirmed they were processing the refund but we had to wait 28 working days for the money to come through. Then the voucher turned up with the same bullshit that if we want the money we have to apply for it but that they won’t even start processing refunds until “after the Coronavirus crisis ends”.
From RyanAir?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

tim wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:18 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:16 pm We’re having the same issue except they offered us the refund and confirmed they were processing the refund but we had to wait 28 working days for the money to come through. Then the voucher turned up with the same bullshit that if we want the money we have to apply for it but that they won’t even start processing refunds until “after the Coronavirus crisis ends”.
From RyanAir?
Yes.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I’m not being funny but if Ryan Air fold because of this I’d consider chipping in part of your air fare refund :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:30 pm I’m not being funny but if Ryan Air fold because of this I’d consider chipping in part of your air fare refund :lol:
Personally I’d pay the few hundred I’m owed to see O’Leary go bankrupt.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:13 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:30 pm I’m not being funny but if Ryan Air fold because of this I’d consider chipping in part of your air fare refund :lol:
I'd want to see him go bankrupt rather than fold the company and re-start elsewhere.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:13 pm
+1
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
tim

Post by tim »

I got my useless vouchers from RyanAir this morning.

What a farce this is.

MBNA won't answer the phone to anyone unless it's urgent, but they cut you off telling you your call isn't before they even know what you want. So going to be hard to disupte the RyanAir scum that way. Website or mobile app has no facility for this.

Admiral just plain won't answer the phone on the claims line. Just cuts you off randomly.
Simon

Post by Simon »

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52370158

“Consumer website Moneysavingexpert has made a formal complaint to the Civil Aviation Authority and Trading Standards about Ryanair's apparent policy.”
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Also
The Guardian: All big UK airlines and travel firms denying refunds, Which? finds.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... oronavirus
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

My mum and dad managed to get a refund reasonably quickly from easyjet. Took lots of calls to get through to someone, which was the only way to get cash refunds but it was credited fairly quickly thereafter.

Not surprised one bit to see that cvnt O Leary being a cvnt again.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Got our refund today minus our deposit, natch. Should help pay for more groceries!

Holiday insurance. Buy it.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Just noted this this morning...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11447250/ ... d-october/

I gather that this applies to the whole island chain, not just Tenerife. So that appears to be that for my trip. Should make refunds easier.

@Rev - you're folks live out there don't they...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…