Coronavirus

NotoriousREV

Re: Coronavirus

Post by NotoriousREV »

I was supposed to be in London until Thursday night, but I’m back home now. Company policy on no unnecessary travel plus the fact I’ve got a cold (which freaked my boss out :lol:) means I’m WFH for this week at least.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:11 pm I was supposed to be in London until Thursday night, but I’m back home now. Company policy on no unnecessary travel plus the fact I’ve got a cold (which freaked my boss out :lol:) means I’m WFH for this week at least.
Someone actually employed you??!!!? 😉
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:14 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:11 pm I was supposed to be in London until Thursday night, but I’m back home now. Company policy on no unnecessary travel plus the fact I’ve got a cold (which freaked my boss out :lol:) means I’m WFH for this week at least.
Sadly, yes. Back to the grindstone for me.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

I went up to Norfolk today for a customer meeting. As we sat down our host asked... "Have any of you just returned from Italy or China?"

I had to bite my lip to say 'well if we have it's a bit late now isn't it?'

On the flip side, I had a few minutes to kill before the meeting so popped into John Lewis where they've got an 8K 75" Samsung setup and that's pretty sweet. Especially when your face is 6" away from the screen whilst you try to look for the pixels.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Simon

Post by Simon »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:18 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:14 pm
What'ya doin'?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Annoying senior managers and directors ???
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:34 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:14 pm Someone actually employed you??!!!? 😉
What'ya doin'?
Putting everything in the cloud.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:57 pm

What'ya doin'?
The ROFLCloud?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:00 pm

What'ya doin'?
The ROFLCloud?
Naturally.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

What'ya doin'?
Well done on landing a new job. Hope it makes you happier than your last outfit.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Nothing will make Dave happy, and that's why we love him <3
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m at my happiest when I’m pissed off at something :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Simon wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:08 pm

What'ya doin'?
Well done on landing a new job. Hope it makes you happier than your last outfit.
Cheers! I think getting sent home on your second day is a good sign, right? ;)
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Simon

Post by Simon »

That reminds me. At my last place a colleague joined the company on his birthday. He went out that night to celebrate both events. Then phoned in sick the following day. Definitely not a good impression to make 😉
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The day I joined eBay, they had a Havana Club event on after work in the office where they taught us how to mix cocktails, then the recruiter (a 6ft 4 Irish guy) took me out for “a couple of pints” round Amsterdam. I think I got home around 4am. Day 2 was a quiet one.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:48 pm That reminds me. At my last place a colleague joined the company on his birthday. He went out that night to celebrate both events. Then phoned in sick the following day. Definitely not a good impression to make 😉
That's nothing. My predecessor went out on his first Christmas do at the CEOs (free for us) bar, got shit faced, got off his tits on some dodgy coke and lost the office keys.

He payed for the locks to be changed/new keys cut, and it was agreed never to be spoken of again, because the story made the CEO laugh like a drain.

We won't mention me offering to fight the MD on a similar night out - my first Christmas do with a free bar....
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:58 pm Irish guy took me out for “a couple of pints” round Amsterdam.
Always dangerous :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Not me, but a guy I work with came in for his 2nd interview at my work (straight from his current job, only expecting to be there during a pretend lunch break so he could head back after), it turned into a “pop down the pub” (which we have adopted as our official second interview procedure now), it turned into a few more drinks and...

...He woke up in Portsmouth having fallen asleep on a train From Guildford back to Farnham at midnight. He had to get his pregnant wife to come and get him.

He got the job!
Beany

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:31 pm Not me, but a guy I work with came in for his 2nd interview at my work (straight from his current job, only expecting to be there during a pretend lunch break so he could head back after), it turned into a “pop down the pub” (which we have adopted as our official second interview procedure now), it turned into a few more drinks and...

...He woke up in Portsmouth having fallen asleep on a train From Guildford back to Farnham at midnight. He had to get his pregnant wife to come and get him.

He got the job!
Clear demonstration of dedication to office morale, out of hours.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:31 pm Not me, but a guy I work with came in for his 2nd interview at my work (straight from his current job, only expecting to be there during a pretend lunch break so he could head back after), it turned into a “pop down the pub” (which we have adopted as our official second interview procedure now), it turned into a few more drinks and...

He got the job!
Cultural fit ✅
Middle-aged Dirtbag