Coronavirus

duncs500

Re: Coronavirus

Post by duncs500 »

This is all great news. Can't wait for my mum to get the vaccine.
Last edited by duncs500 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Father in Law has his scheduled for Thursday - He's in east London and could have gone to the Nightingale earlier but he was worked about how long he would have stand / queue as his let's more metal than bone these days following 2 bad accidents when he was younger.

His GP surgery are even lining him up a taxi to take him home after
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

My parents are mid 70's and are booked in for Tuesday in York. They're are very happy, as am I.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Fair play to the government, they do seem to be pressing on with the vaccines at least.
Simon

Post by Simon »

My parents haven't been invited yet (mid/late 70s) but I'm not too worried because they get pretty good 5G at their house already.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:54 am I'm not sure, I think the government announced earlier this week that they will start sending letters to the over 70 group soon hence my surprise.
I wasn't sent a letter, just a text from my GP that I can call them to book it.
Seeing some random people I know somehow getting booked in today (50s and no health issues I know of) but still nothing for the wife.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Oh, my wife's friend had hers, she's a nurse in Brazil so the rollout has finally started there too.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Well that was interesting. The results still hadn't come after 3 days and the form said to wait until day 5 before calling a number. I thought fuck it and called today.

Good thing I did, the guy said he'd check it all and went off the call for a few mins (I thought it was patter and he'd just gone to make a cuppa), he came back on and told me the barcode number hadn't been registered properly and he'd redone it - DING my text went and through came the (negative!) results.

Test centre: 0
Call centre guy: 1
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:03 am Well that was interesting. The results still hadn't come after 3 days and the form said to wait until day 5 before calling a number. I thought fuck it and called today.

Good thing I did, the guy said he'd check it all and went off the call for a few mins (I thought it was patter and he'd just gone to make a cuppa), he came back on and told me the barcode number hadn't been registered properly and he'd redone it - DING my text went and through came the (negative!) results.

Another negative post from RichB 😱😱😂😂

Great news though!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Must have had five calls from those contract tracing lot while I was isolating, asking me if I was going to continue to isolate etc. One of them was very articulate and nice, but I couldn't understand what a lot of them were saying, I just resorted to waiting for a pause and then answering yes. They were terrible.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

McSwede wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:18 am
Rich B wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:03 am Well that was interesting. The results still hadn't come after 3 days and the form said to wait until day 5 before calling a number. I thought fuck it and called today.

Another negative post from RichB 😱😱😂😂

Great news though!
😂
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I'm now in isolation awaiting a test result.

So far, can't complain. Completed test booking at 13.24 for a 13.30 - 14.00 slot less than two miles away.

Edit: with the rest of the family. Wife had to leave work and we'll miss her grandfather's funeral tomorrow which sucks.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:40 pm I'm now in isolation awaiting a test result.

So far, can't complain. Completed test booking at 13.24 for a 13.30 - 14.00 slot less than two miles away.

Edit: with the rest of the family. Wife had to leave work and we'll miss her grandfather's funeral tomorrow which sucks.
What's happened Alex? Have you got symptoms?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Feels like it's closing in on us. Our best friend who's a midwife has finally come down with it, as has her husband and they're both pretty rough. Terrified too, as his brother died from it on Monday. Scary shit.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:16 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:40 pm I'm now in isolation awaiting a test result.

What's happened Alex? Have you got symptoms?
Yes, started coughing. Feeling absolutely fine, but obviously have to be cautious. My youngest sister had it before Christmas and was not affected at all. So can't trust got feeling (in the unlikely event that needed saying).

Definitely still able to taste things, enjoyed the Malbec I had with dinner.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I've just had my MMR vaccine done by the same nurse who will give my covid one next week. She said the current guidance is that they will only give one dose for the AZ vaccine but are sticking to 2 doses for the Pfizer one.
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Huh? Only one for AZ AT ALL?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yeah. I also just had a call from the nurse to move back the covid vaccine a week as it could react with the MMR one...
How about not having a sig at all?
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:26 pm This is all great news. Can't wait for my mum to get it.
Having this as the first post on the page takes it out of context a bit and makes Duncs seem like a bit of a cunt. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Banal Vapid Platitudes
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:44 am
duncs500 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:26 pm This is all great news. Can't wait for my mum to get it.
Having this as the first post on the page takes it out of context a bit and makes Duncs seem like a bit of a cunt. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:o I should edit that!