Coronavirus

Simon

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Simon »

Nope, not that I know of. I've tested whenever I've been ill and also at Christmas prior to seeing the folks etc.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Get well soon. I don't want to catch it again, but until you posted I didn't know anyone who has it currently, so was hopeful it might be dwindling a bit.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

I tested positive this morning after I thought last night that I might be having a bit of cold from a tiny cough and a runny nose. Woke up quite achy this morning and pretty sweaty after having a good night's sleep. Been feeling pretty tired today with a sore chest but not really coughing.

I had it early January this year for the first time and I'd say this feels worse than this time. I'd not long had the first booster then so the effects of the booster must be wearing off.
Simon

Post by Simon »

GWS Kev! Same symptoms as me mostly. I've been shirtless around the house all day yet sweating on the sofa with the fan on me. It really does mess with your body temperature. Definitely not #justacold

@Jobbo I think it is down, although how much I can't be sure. Certainly the healthcare stats continue their downward trend at least.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

You as well Simon. I've not subjected the kids to that yet but needed the windows open to keep close to cool.
Simon

Post by Simon »

My brother and niece popped round some treats on Sunday for looking after their house plants whilst they were on holiday. We only stayed on the doorstop as it was nippers bath time, and now brother is lethargic and has a sore throat. Deb didn't test +ve until Monday morning.

Which is crazy as my nephew had it a few months ago and no-one in their house caught it from him then, when he tested +ve for 11 days, yet now bruv might have it after talking outside with us for 5 minutes.
Beany

Post by Beany »

It's doing the rounds at the moment, so genuinely, likely coincidence.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Normally I'd agree, but he works for the same company I do and we both WFH - he hasn't been anywhere since Sunday so if he gets it it's from us....
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Coming back from holiday the wife and our eldest tested positive. Eldest was complaining about having a tummy ache for a few days before spiking a temp for 24h.

Wife started feeling ropey as we were packing up to leave.

Youngest just came in and said her tummy aches, and she's got a temp.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I hope everyone's either recovered or are well on the way :)
My turn for a(nother) dose; I may have it beginning of 2020 (assumed it was flu) and I hope I don't get it like that again, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. So far it's mostly not too bad - a light persistent cough, burning breathy breathing - and while I can't say I've noticed a change in smell or taste or temperature fluctuation, it has got right into my bones and joints. I know that's the immune system doing its thing (and it isn't as bad as 2020 so far) and could perhaps be considered A Good Sign but I hope you all avoid it.
All the best, all.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Good luck with the recovery. We're all Corona free again.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Who isnt having the clot shot this year then? I can quite understand the ill wanting to take it but its slowly coming out that if you are ill having it might not be the best option either.

I usually have a flu jab I'm not having that this year. In fact going to try and get off all the meds they dish out as sweets.

Also as an aside who had hayfever jabs back in the day? Pumped us full of a really good injection then realised it wasnt so great and stopped.... familiar?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Broccers wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:25 am Also as an aside who had hayfever jabs back in the day? Pumped us full of a really good injection then realised it wasnt so great and stopped.... familiar?
I know 2 people who've had both hips replaced by their 45th birthday as a direct result of the Jabs. I did it one year but it didn't work so stuck with my trusty Triludan... until that was taken off the market because it... well wasn't great.

I'm having my Winter Flu as normal but I suspect as I'm only 48, I won't get offered a Covid one.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I remarked a work yesterday that I didn’t know anyone with covid at the moment.

Then the boy comes home from college at 4 complaining about having a sore throat all day, then throws a positive test 🙄

I’m now the only person out of all our friends and family who has never officially had it. ( I probably did at the very start when my mrs was bad, but you couldn’t get a test then )
Cheers, Harry
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

We've all had a properly miserable cold this last week or so which I'm guessing has come back from school. No positive tests, but a really sore throat which takes a few days to kick in and then its headaches, 24 hour shivers, then sinus pain and snot galore. Plus a constant cough.
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Got it again, first week in a new job. Felt like shit all week but just put it down to lots of new things to take in. Fortunately nowhere near as bad as the first time.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ I hope you're all doing better now.

I thought last weekend I'd finally lost the lack of energy that had been dragging on since having t'lurgy (not as bad as the first time) a while back. I held my tongue to avoid tempting fate, yet have been wiped out today. It's not just that I've slept a lot, it's how. Meh, I'll put it down to the weather. Overall I'd say the lack of energy, the nothing feeling that dragged on, was more of a negative than the first few days when symptoms first show, but I'd probably not swap it for having it worse initially like the first time I had it.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

The disastrous legacy left by lockdown as non-Covid excess deaths overtake Covid deaths

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/1 ... -overtake/

Predicted. Time the world woke up.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Tested + yesterday. Feels like a rotten head cold 🙁
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

McSwede wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:49 am Tested + yesterday. Feels like a rotten head cold 🙁
Have you had this year's clot shot? :D :D

None of my mates have had one this time and remarkably noone has got ill or died. However, our neighbours are quite a bit younger and have had constant covid since their kids went back to school. They too have colds, which is normal for this time of year.