Coronavirus

scotta

Re: Coronavirus

Post by scotta »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:51 pm
scotta wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:01 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:55 pm

Provided our business details for the SB grant last week but yet to hear anything further. I wouldn't hold your breath on anything happening quickly.

Wife registered last week on the Gov't website as a high risk person and only yesterday received a text saying that her registration had been received. It now needs to be confirmed by NHS England, before she can then go on the list provided to supermarkets etc. I expect that will take another couple of weeks... :roll: And here's why centralised NHS records absolutely should be in place - this exercise should be a simply database lookup and hit print ffs.
Whats the benefit of registering as high risk?
You can get on the priority list for home delivery slots for supermarkets. Also means that if you can't get out you can get boxes of essential goods delivered that have been provided by the Gov't. Unless you're in Rochdale where they seem to think that means lots of chocolate and biscuits and just the one apple! :lol:

It also makes sure that the appropriate NHS records that may be referred to in the worst case are correct as far as I can tell. The letters and texts that they were supposed to issue haven't materialised for some people (wife included) which wold suggest that many are slipping through the cracks. THere's also plently of reports of letters received for people that died a long time ago. Again, all points back to the shambolic state of our NHS records.
Ill need to look at that for the folks. Mum should be on there as she had cancer a couple of years ago.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

evostick wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:05 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:50 pm Eddie Large has died from it.
He had a heart transplant back in 2003 and was in hospital with heart failure. His son says he caught the bug whilst there but interestingly at present the bbc aren't quoting the son.

RIP anyway unfunny comedian.
He died of being in a hospital. Avoid hospitals at all costs. How many folk have died at home of this virus?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:24 pm
He had a heart transplant back in 2003 and was in hospital with heart failure. His son says he caught the bug whilst there but interestingly at present the bbc aren't quoting the son.

He died of being in a hospital. Avoid hospitals at all costs. How many folk have died at home of this virus?
None that have been counted, since the only stats which are available are for the number who have died in hospital.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:11 pm Has anyone tried to obtain a 3-month mortgage holiday? Seems to be very easy indeed, no questions asked. I also applied for the £10k small business grant yesterday and that should be arriving within the week. Might not need these currently but I want to build up a war chest now.
Provided our business details for the SB grant last week but yet to hear anything further. I wouldn't hold your breath on anything happening quickly.
Mike, each local authority is doing it differently it seems. Some are automatically contacting anyone who qualifies for business rates relief, but South Staffs require you to submit details to an online form. That opened yesterday which was good timing, since I was able to submit everything and get a response saying we should receive funds within 7 days.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

That's an awesome box of essential provisions right there.
Left over crest; tightens.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 pm

None that have been counted, since the only stats which are available are for the number who have died in hospital.
I do wonder as an intelligent person you don't question wtf is going on with stats. It's a big con this.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

You think it’s a big con that’s happening in almost every country in the world at the same time?
An absolute unit
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

The woman my partner was due to go and see died of it at home but as she also had cancer I suspect it will be recorded as that.
Last edited by Zonda_ on Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:22 pm You think it’s a big con that’s happening in almost every country in the world at the same time?
I think you are a lefty cunt but here you are not looking and studying facts but asking questions. As you were. :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm

I do wonder as an intelligent person you don't question wtf is going on with stats. It's a big con this.
I've got no better data to go on and the figures released every day do seem to be calculated the same way, so you can spot trends. That's science, as opposed to conspiracy theory. Try it.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:31 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:22 pm You think it’s a big con that’s happening in almost every country in the world at the same time?
I think you are a lefty cunt but here you are not looking and studying facts but asking questions. As you were. :lol:
Cool, reasonable response as ever broccers.
An absolute unit
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:40 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm
I've got no better data to go on and the figures released every day do seem to be calculated the same way, so you can spot trends. That's science, as opposed to conspiracy theory. Try it.
Depends, as when a death that would usually be classified as a death resulting as 'complications from Cancer' is now automatically classified as a Covid-19 death if the person was tested positive, even if the cancer had left them so weak that a large fart might finish them off.

This was classifed as a Covid-19 death: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-52124004 despite it later coming out she'd basically died from a heart attack and been DOA from the ambulance: https://www.companynewshq.com/coronavir ... hat-wasnt/
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Anecdotally, most of our cases are coming in from home. Very small numbers of in hospital transmission that I have seen. One or two who have been to a hospital outpatients appointment recently but they could have just as easily got it on the bus.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Has Broccers been driving any trains lately?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-intent ... isis-feds/
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:21 pm Has Broccers been driving any trains lately?

I'll be driving one soon. They get paid well for doing fuck all.

😄
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:31 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:21 pm Has Broccers been driving any trains lately?

I'll be driving one soon. They get paid well for doing fuck all.

😄
My colourblindness stops me being a train driver 😢 Probably wouldn’t help much in the print trade either, come to think of it :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

My work is slightly less manic than it has been for the last 2 weeks or so which have been no weekends off and 12-14 hour days trying to get stuff enabled for call centre users to be able to take calls from home. So I’ve been cooped up in the study for much of the day on constant Zoom calls.

The kids are actually being really good with their home-schooling v playing v exercise and my wife is keeping us all in check. SHe’s getting out a fair bit but horse and dog stuff is curbed a bit due to the sensible guidance in place.

So, I popped down a while ago to make a cup of tea and was greeted by this in the kitchen. I didn’t even ask why, but did make sure to ask my wife if she’s feeling ok and she says she’s “fine”, so I’ve just gone back up to the study and will see how this develops.
Attachments
IMG_1474.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG (113.06 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
IMG_1473.JPG
IMG_1473.JPG (133.39 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
Cheers,

Mike.
Beany

Post by Beany »

"The kids ate my homework"
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:58 pm
Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:11 pm Has anyone tried to obtain a 3-month mortgage holiday? Seems to be very easy indeed, no questions asked. I also applied for the £10k small business grant yesterday and that should be arriving within the week. Might not need these currently but I want to build up a war chest now.
Mike, each local authority is doing it differently it seems. Some are automatically contacting anyone who qualifies for business rates relief, but South Staffs require you to submit details to an online form. That opened yesterday which was good timing, since I was able to submit everything and get a response saying we should receive funds within 7 days.
That sounds much more proactive. Cheshire East say they'll be in touch but at least we have provided bank details. The way they worded it it sounded like they might be waiting on release of funds from Govt
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:49 pm My work is slightly less manic than it has been for the last 2 weeks or so which have been no weekends off and 12-14 hour days trying to get stuff enabled for call centre users to be able to take calls from home. So I’ve been cooped up in the study for much of the day on constant Zoom calls.

The kids are actually being really good with their home-schooling v playing v exercise and my wife is keeping us all in check. SHe’s getting out a fair bit but horse and dog stuff is curbed a bit due to the sensible guidance in place.

So, I popped down a while ago to make a cup of tea and was greeted by this in the kitchen. I didn’t even ask why, but did make sure to ask my wife if she’s feeling ok and she says she’s “fine”, so I’ve just gone back up to the study and will see how this develops.
Ha lost it 😂