Re: Coronavirus

Post by DaveE »

UN says world faces worst crisis since WW2

Yeah, should all be done and dusted by Easter weekend <rolls eyes>
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

DaveE wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:33 pm UN says world faces worst crisis since WW2

who are you quoting on that second sentence?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

That was trumps plan a week or so ago.
Cheers, Harry
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Rich B wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm
DaveE wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:33 pm UN says world faces worst crisis since WW2

Quoting Trump from about a week ago
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

DaveE wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:48 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Trump : No, I didn’t say that.
Americans : ok, our mistake. GOD BLESS THE USA!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Just pray it away 😎
Cheers, Harry
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:52 pm
DaveE wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:48 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm who are you quoting on that second sentence?
Trump : No, I didn’t say that. I’ve never even met Easter. I barely know him.
Americans : ok, our mistake. GOD BLESS THE USA!
EFA.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:10 pm No. As a company director you are an employee of the company. You’ll be able to furlough yourself and get cover for the PAYE salary you’ve been paying yourself, just not the dividends part.
Yep but most of these company directors (99%+) have a salary of £8k to £12.5k per year. Forloughing won't reflect their actual declared income as what can be demonstrated by the HMRC Tax Calculation formerly called a SA302.

Also my wife has a slightly higher profit from property than being self employed and as income from property is not self employment she is not deemed to be self employed as regards the government support.

You've just got to suck it up and survive. It's just another (unforeseen) risk of being self employed 😀
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Carlos wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:11 pm You've just got to suck it up and survive. It's just another (unforeseen) risk of being self employed
Indeedy.

You're still in a better position than my wife's friend & her husband. They run a moderately successful electrical contracting company and last year took ALL of the money out of the business to build their new house. It was a lot. They now don't have the cash to pay their 20+ employees. It'll be a tricky conversation that one - "ummm, we can't pay you, sorry, we spent it all on our new house" :shock:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:23 pm
Carlos wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:11 pm You've just got to suck it up and survive. It's just another (unforeseen) risk of being self employed
Indeedy.

You're still in a better position than my wife's friend & her husband. They run a moderately successful electrical contracting company and last year took ALL of the money out of the business to build their new house. It was a lot. They now don't have the cash to pay their 20+ employees. It'll be a tricky conversation that one - "ummm, we can't pay you, sorry, we spent it all on our new house" :shock:
well that’s just bad management.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Broccers wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:17 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:10 pm No. As a company director you are an employee of the company. You’ll be able to furlough yourself and get cover for the PAYE salary you’ve been paying yourself, just not the dividends part.
That's true if I decide not to do any work at all.
Depends if the work you're doing is worth more than the furloughing cover !

You can still do necessary admin work to keep the company ticking over but anything else... maybe think laterally wrt to the invoicing. Your accountant will be able to advise on that.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:30 pm
Broccers wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:17 pm
That's true if I decide not to do any work at all.
Depends if the work you're doing is worth more than the furloughing cover !

You can still do necessary admin work to keep the company ticking over but anything else... maybe think laterally wrt to the invoicing. Your accountant will be able to advise on that.
Shortly after our exchange they blanket emailed how to proceed - actually earning their money for once :)

Currently setting up various bank accounts just in case....
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Sorted 8-)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Speaking of houses - cant see this being any better than 2008.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Carlos wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:11 pm
Yep but most of these company directors (99%+) have a salary of £8k to £12.5k per year. Forloughing won't reflect their actual declared income as what can be demonstrated by the HMRC Tax Calculation formerly called a SA302.

Also my wife has a slightly higher profit from property than being self employed and as income from property is not self employment she is not deemed to be self employed as regards the government support.

You've just got to suck it up and survive. It's just another (unforeseen) risk of being self employed 😀
Just worked out thats 667ish pounds a month. Happy days. :lol:
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:37 am Confirmed 25% pay cut as of today. :(
:|
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:37 am Confirmed 25% pay cut as of today. :(
Wife has just been asked to drop down to 64% of current salary :( This apparently is part of a company wide reduction.
She's a divorce lawyer and just today officially taken on a partnership role - no equity in firm thankfully as they do salaried partners..... the rest of them have equity in but get to take dividends out of the business when times are good, trouble is in law everything is grinding to a halt as no-one has any money anymore to continue with divorces in process, house purchases have stopped so that conveyancing gone, commercial property is going to go down the toilet shortly as no-one in right mind will build anything new atm.

We should be ok as even with that reduction she still nets more than I do :shock: :shock:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I revert back to post one - is this about money or health? Its a leveller tho.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

We're still trickling along. Furloughed our 1 non-director member of staff from this month though. Still got a few small sites coming in, and thankfully a few of our bigger clients are seeing this as an opportunity to hopefully bag planning permissions. That's fine in theory but you can't traffic survey at present, so you can't assess the impact of development...

We're fecking thankful that we're all fairly conservative and after an incredible first 15mo we retained the profit within the business. It hopefully means that we should be able to keep things going for a while even if the work dries up. That said, I think if we start working fewer hours we will consider paying ourselves less. Much less though and we might as well furlough as we're all on basic + dividends.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Going bust would be better being prudent I'm sad to say.

Tomorrow I'm opening up c19 print solutions ltd, load it with debt and let it fail when my customers do not pay. Played by the rules for a long time but it's not worth it.