Coronavirus

Mito Man

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mito Man »

Official figures look bullshit too. That’s pretty low for a country which has had it really bad and with a greater population and not many resources.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I doubt you’ll ever see true figures from the less developed countries, and Russia still has a suspiciously low cases/deaths ratio.

I thought India were fishing their figures as it took a long while to get going, but seems to be gathering pace now.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Gwaredd wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:22 pm OK. I'll change the example to Kevin doing a jigsaw in his mum's basement. Better? It shouldn't be. Besides, it wasn't as funny or as inflammatory, and that was the entire point. A vocal minority riding the wave of freedom and rights.

Also, it didn't happen so its moot.
Couldn't you have made it about gingers or one-legged men?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:36 am
Gwaredd wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:22 pm OK. I'll change the example to Kevin doing a jigsaw in his mum's basement. Better? It shouldn't be. Besides, it wasn't as funny or as inflammatory, and that was the entire point. A vocal minority riding the wave of freedom and rights.

Also, it didn't happen so its moot.
Couldn't you have made it about gingers or one-legged men?
Gingers have it hard enough due to smelling like fox piss on a digestive biscuit, being insulted by the welsh would be taking it too far.

Those 1 legged cripples have it coming to them though, bloody skippy bastards.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I still can't see sign of the SI having changed yet, but it's in the news now that Paul Scholes has had a visit from GMP's finest for breaking the new "rules" by having a party the other night. :roll:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:47 pm I still can't see sign of the SI having changed yet, but it's in the news now that Paul Scholes has had a visit from GMP's finest for breaking the new "rules" by having a party the other night. :roll:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/202 ... tents/made - but this only relates to Bradford and Blackburn with Darwen, not Greater Manchester, so I'm not sure if this is just one of potentially multiple SIs which together make up the restrictions announced last week.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:08 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:47 pm I still can't see sign of the SI having changed yet, but it's in the news now that Paul Scholes has had a visit from GMP's finest for breaking the new "rules" by having a party the other night. :roll:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/202 ... tents/made - but this only relates to Bradford and Blackburn with Darwen, not Greater Manchester, so I'm not sure if this is just one of potentially multiple SIs which together make up the restrictions announced last week.
There isn't one, as yet, for Greater Manchester. I have it in my head (from where I dont know) that it will be enacted tomorrow. Either way, I can't see how Scholes has broken any laws. More like it's a high profile case being used to both suggest that GMP are policing the "restrictions" and to push the message to others. In reality a couple of bobbies got to go and visit a local football legend and maybe get an autograph... :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Apparently there were 750 SIs laid before Parliament at the end of last week so it's bound to be in the pile somewhere :lol:

Still doesn't make it possible to enforce when the actual law being enforced can't actually be read.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I'm monitoring it using this link https://www.hansardsociety.org.uk/publi ... avirus-sis*

Whether we heed it even if it does become law is another matter. It's fairly difficult to square it when you've not met anyone since early March, and neither has your immediate family.

*apologies for any unintended egg-sucking lesson :lol:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:04 pm I'm monitoring it using this link https://www.hansardsociety.org.uk/publi ... avirus-sis*

Whether we heed it even if it does become law is another matter. It's fairly difficult to square it when you've not met anyone since early March, and neither has your immediate family.

*apologies for any unintended egg-sucking lesson :lol:
Hansard Society is a private organisation which I see offers you a paid subscription to get links to the public legislation.gov.uk website - so not one I bother with. Might as well go straight to the official site.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

99DF4B8D-D405-4E17-B3E5-F78B88005306.jpeg
99DF4B8D-D405-4E17-B3E5-F78B88005306.jpeg (165.71 KiB) Viewed 1610 times
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ok ta, noted. However, the links on the link I posted work ok, no charge :) I'll keep an eye on the proper page instead though ta.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I see the latest nonsense suggestion is to ban travel in and out of London in case of a big spike, but with the border at the M25, which completely ignores the fact that the greater london border is NOT the M25! Like my parents house, for example, the borough in which was nearly the bottom of the table of all 379 boroughs across the country for recent covid cases.

No way they'll be able to police it anyway.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

For all the mass-gatherings over the last couple of months, we’ve not really seen a meaningful spike have we? Even the very recent small clusters don’t seem to result in many deaths, so I wonder why that is?
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

So it's the wife's birthday tomorrow and so we talk to the family about all meeting up for a meal somewhere.

<checks regulations>

Not more than 6 people and only 2 households. That scuppers meeting up with my folks, and my brother's brood then.

<looks out window>

Ah yes, those silly aged fuckers next door, both 80+ and both with pre-existing medical conditions have family members from 2 separate households visiting (meaning there's at least 3 households in there). It more than irks me when we follow the rules, yet the very vulnerable who these rules are designed to protect stick 2 fingers to the whole thing.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Simon wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 pm So it's the wife's birthday tomorrow and so we talk to the family about all meeting up for a meal somewhere.

<checks regulations>

Not more than 6 people and only 2 households. That scuppers meeting up with my folks, and my brother's brood then.

<looks out window>

Ah yes, those silly aged fuckers next door, both 80+ and both with pre-existing medical conditions have family members from 2 separate households visiting (meaning there's at least 3 households in there). It more than irks me when we follow the rules, yet the very vulnerable who these rules are designed to protect stick 2 fingers to the whole thing.
Maybe they think the risk is acceptable to see their family and not rot away lonely at what might be the end of their life.

Carry on doing your bit.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I get that. But by the same token a C19 death is not a death anyone would want - that is very literally away from your family and friends in a hospital somewhere with no visitors. Why risk that? Or why not just follow the rules and see one group one day and another group another day?

We're a good social community in our little close. Everyone knows everyone, we all help each other out when we can, and there's a smile and a wave for everyone, even visitors. I really doubt they're lonely.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Simon wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:13 pm Or why not just follow the rules and see one group one day and another group another day?
because that wouldn’t change the impact on the octogenarians in this situation - they’d still be meeting them all. the only improvement would be the two parts of the family wouldn’t be meeting That day, but it’s probably fair to say they probably would anyway - being family.

The only worthwhile approach is to maintain social distancing/hand washing/cleaning surfaces/etc... Then it doesn’t matter if there 2 or 20. regardless of what the curtain twitchers what to say! 😀
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Ascender wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 pm For all the mass-gatherings over the last couple of months, we’ve not really seen a meaningful spike have we? Even the very recent small clusters don’t seem to result in many deaths, so I wonder why that is?
WRT the second question, one of the drugs proved pretty effective at treating it and brought the death rate down a fair bit didn't it? I presume they're now using that, so that will certainly help.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:41 am

Gingers have it hard enough...

Dave!
Indeed! You mark my words - we'll be the next minority to be protesting and demanding we're treated the same as our blonde, brown and black haired bretherin. You can join us on our moonlit protests if you like?
Cheers.

Gwaredd