Coronavirus

Mito Man

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mito Man »

That was the old one, the new “Roache” test came out 2 weeks ago, so far Spain, Germany and America have started using it but can’t find numbers for the latter 2.
I imagine all previous tests from before this month should be discounted for being inaccurate.
How about not having a sig at all?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Mito Man wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:34 pm That was the old one, the new “Roache” test came out 2 weeks ago, so far Spain, Germany and America have started using it but can’t find numbers for the latter 2.
I imagine all previous tests from before this month should be discounted for being inaccurate.
I couldn't find the Roche test quote anywhere. What are the sources?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You’re right, the actual document doesn’t specify what test is used.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Well, it didn’t take long for there to be a loss of data around the NHS tracking app:

https://www.grahamcluley.com/nhs-corona ... gle-drive/
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:19 pm Well, it didn’t take long for there to be a loss of data around the NHS tracking app:

"The UK’s Coronavirus tracing app is being headed up by Dido Harding, who you may recall was the CEO during TalkTalk’s disastrous data breach."

Well, that makes sense. Fucking christ.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:19 pm Well, it didn’t take long for there to be a loss of data around the NHS tracking app:

In terms of data breaches that's got to register on the same speed scale as Usain Bolts 100m sprint! :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Copenhagen has come up with a novel way to get children back into childcare!

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/copenh ... dergartens
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:27 pm

In terms of data breaches that's got to register on the same speed scale as Usain Bolts 100m sprint! :lol:
Google Drive, fucking hell.....
Cheers,

Mike.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Using Google Drive for OFFICIAL - SENSITIVE.

Fucking hell.
I'd be fired if I did that.
Someone working on the project might want to remind themselves of how you can share files on Google Drive with specific people, rather than with any old Tom, Dick, or Harry.
Regardless of settings, it shouldn't be there. FFS.
Left over crest; tightens.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

JonMad wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:19 pm Using Google Drive for OFFICIAL - SENSITIVE.

Fucking hell.
Someone working on the project might want to remind themselves of how you can share files on Google Drive with specific people, rather than with any old Tom, Dick, or Harry.
Its nuts right?

Putting aside any notion of common sense which should be a prerequisite for people working in technology... What about the minimum security standards the government, NHS etc should have in place with their technology suppliers?
Cheers,

Mike.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Not being internet enabled for sharing as the default world be a good start.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Ascender wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:26 pm
JonMad wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:19 pm Using Google Drive for OFFICIAL - SENSITIVE.

Fucking hell.
Its nuts right?

Putting aside any notion of common sense which should be a prerequisite for people working in technology... What about the minimum security standards the government, NHS etc should have in place with their technology suppliers?
It's not clear the documents were written by a supplier or the department.
I'm sure the standards are in place. Just not followed, by whoever, in this instance.
Left over crest; tightens.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Fucking hell.
We used to rate nhs data as il3, which would mean gcloud and not a public cloud service.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

And so the expected start to bending people over, without so much as supplying lube and thus brutally shafting the general public has begun. Increasing the Congestion Charge is even more ridiculous when they don’t want people to use public transport so they’ve gone and raised it to £15 7 days a week with extended hours. Cunts.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Khants.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Also spending 6 weeks to convert vast areas to pedestrian and bus only zones. 6 weeks tells me it’s not going to be a few temporary bollards. I’d hate to be an older or disabled person living in London as you won’t even be able to get around certain locations as even taxis won’t be allowed to use the roads.
Wonder how businesses will get deliveries and access for builders etc.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

There was a knowledgeable bloke on the radio last night explaining they didn't need a bailout or to put the prices up as the backup money they are forced to have by law should last 2 months. I've not read uk news today as it's mainly hysteria.

I did watch a very interesting piece on French news about Northern Korea stealing russian fish. If we think we have it bad here its worth a watch.

https://www.france24.com/en/asia-pacifi ... ign-waters
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ONS data is pretty interesting.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulatio ... oviddeaths

The split on age is more dramatic than I realised - only c.400 of the 33k deaths are under 45 years old?!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I turned 46 on Thursday...😬😰😂

Very high numbers for Diabetics too...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Won't be long until it's business as usual with sensible distancing. My old folks bowls club reopens Monday.