Coronavirus

Broccers

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:20 am I’ve got my vaccine cert on my phone - but the Jockland system is different.

When I was travelling in Europeland the other week, everywhere wanted vaccine cert plus photo ID
You mean they actually checked it, not like here?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:45 pm
mik wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:20 am I’ve got my vaccine cert on my phone - but the Jockland system is different.

When I was travelling in Europeland the other week, everywhere wanted vaccine cert plus photo ID
don't complain!

I remember last time round when the fucking useless track and trace app was introduced- I only ever got actually checked at one place (top golf) - most pubs and restaurants just ignored it if you just said it wasn't working (which it didn't, about 75% of the time.)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

When in Ireland back in the summer, every place checked our Vaccine Cert on the way in.

I wasn't asked for Photo ID but I suppose having the cert on my phone was enough.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

They were enforcing the vaccine certs here at the gig we went to last weekend. They seemed to be taking it seriously and watching for people passing phones around and the like. Negative covid test today despite standing in close proximity to hundreds of other people singing away.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:03 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:45 pm

don't complain!

I remember last time round when the fucking useless track and trace app was introduced- I only ever got actually checked at one place (top golf) - most pubs and restaurants just ignored it if you just said it wasn't working (which it didn't, about 75% of the time.)
Zero complaint here.

I'm glad I don't live in Scotland too.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

duncs500 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:32 am @Explosive Newt Question that I've been mulling over in my head. Being the case that immunity to the likes of covid fades over time. If you have good immunity to an illness and you get exposed to it without getting sick, does that help extend your immunity.

Eg. If I've had my jabs, I dunno, a year and a half ago and have not left the house since, then I get exposed to standard covid I may well get sick. Compared to the same scenario, but I've frequently been exposed to it and not got sick over the same time period. Would my equal exposure at that same milestone therefore be less likely to result in illness or the same?

Seems logical that immunity would be better, but I don't know if it works like that.
In theory - yes.

Disclaimer not a virologist… but if you actually get infected with ‘rona then that should increase your immunity. As long as you survive infection that is. But if you get exposed but not infected (i.e. antibodies in your nose and throat bind to what virus makes its way in, neutralise it and prevent it from infecting you) then you wouldn’t get a boost.

I think.

A booster vaccine is a less dangerous way of boosting your immunity, as I’m sure you realise.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:00 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:14 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:05 am

Lateral flow for me. Yeah I did think about getting a PCR anyway - a colleague and his wife had it a couple of weeks ago and while she tested +ve on an LFT straight away, he tested -ve for 3 days before getting a +ve result.
I've seen this not infrequently. Lateral flows are a useful screening test if you're asymptomatic (as in, they help identify people likely to be infectious) but if your pre test probability is high I would take a negative result with a pinch of salt.
Yep - +ve pcr result came through this morning.
Thought so. Sorry to hear that, hope you are bearing up!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Connor had 5 people in his class test positive, lateral flow was negative but the school required a PCR test and it came back positive.

The wife took a test this morning and me and Maxwell took one this afternoon so hopefully they are negative or it’ll be a dull 10 days.

Hope all the sick folk are coping well!!

Dave!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Just had my booster at the Malvern vaccination centre again, third visit now and third Moderna.

Busier than it was at my first and second jabs. I’d not want to rely on walk-ins at the moment.
__CA__

Post by __CA__ »

Wow can someone précis the previous 385 pages please? :o
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Rona bad if you're a fatty.

Mrs now pos, I'm still testing neg and after a cpl of days feeling under the weather am feeling fine this evening. Fairly fit and all that obviously helps. Kids are fine, daughter with DS is back to her naughty self today too.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Managed to book the wife (33) in for next weekend after seeing a thread on Reddit yesterday about the booking system accepting younger people. Now it's on the news that they'll be able to do it from Monday so seems like the system was ahead of the announcement for a change.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

__CA__ wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:29 pm Wow can someone précis the previous 385 pages please? :o
Broccers is a vaccine and lockdown sceptic, everyone else seems to respect the science.

HTH 😄
Simon

Post by Simon »

The Guardian has ran a story about the 'glitch' so hopefully >30s will all start booking their places now.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I booked me and the wife in for the 28th this morning and we're both 34.

It's a shame the walk in one was closed today or we'd have headed down.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Record number of jabs given on Saturday - just over 500,000. 23m booster/3rd dose jabs given so far. Boris wants to vaccinate everyone over 18 by the end of the year. Since he said the NHS website won’t allow bookings until Wednesday, he’s got just over 2 weeks to deliver, what, 30m boosters? That’s nearly 2m doses a day. Doesn’t look possible, sadly. I think his message was sensible but again he’s promising the unachievable.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Well over 30s can already book so the change coming on Wednesday is just the remaining 18-30 lot. Also we have done over 800,000 a day earlier in the year. 500,000 is just a record for the boosters.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mr_jon wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:07 pm Rona bad if you're a fatty.
Feck :(

Booster booked for Saturday.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:39 am Well over 30s can already book so the change coming on Wednesday is just the remaining 18-30 lot. Also we have done over 800,000 a day earlier in the year. 500,000 is just a record for the boosters.
Interesting. I think the number of boosters to be given to achieve his target is more like 20m in fact, and there are a few more days, so 1m jabs a day are required. Every day from now to 31 December, including Christmas Day. Still looks like Boris over promising.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I’d guess it’s more of a strategy to get people to actually try to book one now, rather than a firm target.

I know a few people who were planning on “leaving it till after Christmas”

It’s certainly ambitious :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…