Coronavirus

DeskJockey

Re: Coronavirus

Post by DeskJockey »

Hope she has a mild case and it clears quickly.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

Finally able to book my booster. Got it at the local Hindu temple next Wednesday AM.

Namaste.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

My partner got their booster and flu jab yesterday. they're fuckin miserable today.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:59 pm My partner got their booster and flu jab yesterday. they're fuckin miserable today.
Is your partner Sam Smith or Demi Lovato? Or are non-celebs choosing they/their as a pronoun now? Hope they feel better anyway.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Got the booster a couple of days ago and feel fine but my arm still hurts like a motherbitch.
Cheers,

Mike.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:20 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:59 pm My partner got their booster and flu jab yesterday. they're fuckin miserable today.
Is your partner Sam Smith or Demi Lovato? Or are non-celebs choosing they/their as a pronoun now? Hope they feel better anyway.
I work with several people who identify as non-binary and use they/their.

Sam's just got over her bout of Covid. Laid her out for a couple of days but she's back working now. Her isolation period ends at midnight tonight.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:20 pm
You do know Zed was a man :lol:

Got in the nec today using a screenshot of an nhs app as didnt know it was required to get in. Total joke.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

@Explosive Newt Question that I've been mulling over in my head. Being the case that immunity to the likes of covid fades over time. If you have good immunity to an illness and you get exposed to it without getting sick, does that help extend your immunity.

Eg. If I've had my jabs, I dunno, a year and a half ago and have not left the house since, then I get exposed to standard covid I may well get sick. Compared to the same scenario, but I've frequently been exposed to it and not got sick over the same time period. Would my equal exposure at that same milestone therefore be less likely to result in illness or the same?

Seems logical that immunity would be better, but I don't know if it works like that.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:14 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:05 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:01 am

Sorry to hear that. I hope your other half turns around soon! Are you testing -ve on lateral flow or PCR? I would consider doing a PCR if you have a strong suspicion you might have it, even if the lateral flow is negative.
Lateral flow for me. Yeah I did think about getting a PCR anyway - a colleague and his wife had it a couple of weeks ago and while she tested +ve on an LFT straight away, he tested -ve for 3 days before getting a +ve result.
I've seen this not infrequently. Lateral flows are a useful screening test if you're asymptomatic (as in, they help identify people likely to be infectious) but if your pre test probability is high I would take a negative result with a pinch of salt.
Yep - +ve pcr result came through this morning.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I got pinged today. Went through the process and don't need to isolate 😂
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Boy now positive on flow test, still waiting on PCR's for both of them. Both aren't really ill at all. Missus and I not feeling 100% this evening so I think we're likely to have it.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

McSwede wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:46 pm I got pinged today. Went through the process and don't need to isolate 😂
blimey, I didn't know anyone used the app?!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I'm still using the app. Seems sensible as we're still not through the pandemic.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Simon

Post by Simon »

I use the app to check in to places but have turned off the contract tracing side as it was using a fair bit of battery. If I got pinged it wouldn't be able to tell me if it was from Omicron (do need to isolate regardless of vax) or Delta (don't need to isolate as vaxxed) so it seems pretty pointless to leave it running.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:01 pm
McSwede wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:46 pm I got pinged today. Went through the process and don't need to isolate 😂
blimey, I didn't know anyone used the app?!
I deleted it months ago. I got sent two texts yesterday.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Have you all got the proof of vaccination app? I downloaded it yesterday and gave up with the faffing. A screenshot of someone elses will continue to get me in places. Saying this, if a mask is required inside I wont be going anyway, unless its essential.
mik

Post by mik »

I’ve got my vaccine cert on my phone - but the Jockland system is different.

When I was travelling in Europeland the other week, everywhere wanted vaccine cert plus photo ID
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:31 pm I use the app to check in to places but have turned off the contract tracing side as it was using a fair bit of battery. If I got pinged it wouldn't be able to tell me if it was from Omicron (do need to isolate regardless of vax) or Delta (don't need to isolate as vaxxed) so it seems pretty pointless to leave it running.
There's nothing in the info you get following a +ve test about not having to isolate based on variant. Not all areas can test for the different variants anyway. AFAIK it's just a blanket 10 days isolation for anyone that tests positive.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:37 am
Simon wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:31 pm I use the app to check in to places but have turned off the contract tracing side as it was using a fair bit of battery. If I got pinged it wouldn't be able to tell me if it was from Omicron (do need to isolate regardless of vax) or Delta (don't need to isolate as vaxxed) so it seems pretty pointless to leave it running.
There's nothing in the info you get following a +ve test about not having to isolate based on variant. Not all areas can test for the different variants anyway. AFAIK it's just a blanket 10 days isolation for anyone that tests positive.
Yes it's 10 days isolation for the people who test positive, but if you've been in contact with someone who tests positives you don't have to isolate if you are vaxxed, but still do if that person has Omicron (link)
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Simon wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:47 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:37 am
Yes it's 10 days isolation for the people who test positive, but if you've been in contact with someone who tests positives you don't have to isolate if you are vaxxed, but still do if that person has Omicron (link)
Ahhh, got you. Which is, of course, a bit of a nonsense when only a few places are able to identify the Omicron variant (or at least that's what I was told)