Coronavirus

Beany

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Beany »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:48 pm Watch out in Glasgow lads! :o
Isn't that just generally good advice anyway?

(FWIW Linda Bauld is pretty legit)
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Beany wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:49 pm
duncs500 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:48 pm Watch out in Glasgow lads! :o
Isn't that just generally good advice anyway?
:D True!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Lockdown masures tightened in't north. Great.

Not much meat on the bone in terms of guidance so far tbh, simply "different households will not be allowed to meet each other indoors in Greater Manchester". Taking that literally then we should be fine to meet outher households inside, outside Greater Manchester...
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

.... meanwhile it’s announced up here that schools are to back as normal in a couple of weeks time.
Cheers,

Mike.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

What's this lockdown then? 😀 Why don't they just come out with the stereo types they mean in these areas?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 pm What's this lockdown then? 😀 Why don't they just come out with the stereo types they mean in these areas?
What stereotypes would they be then?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Beany wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:23 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 pm What's this lockdown then? 😀 Why don't they just come out with the stereo types they mean in these areas?
What stereotypes would they be then?
Your guess.
Simon

Post by Simon »

The excellent Secret Barrister on Twitter

Click the post and read the thread.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

How about people just listen to the advice and don’t go to the pub when we’re in the middle of a serious pandemic whether it’s legal or not? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Cause a significant amount of people see them being mildly inconvenienced as a bigger problem than a pandemic :lol:
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I think you're still allowed to go to the pub in the affected areas anyway, just not with another household. Not sure how that works though as there are many other households at the pub!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:46 am I think you're still allowed to go to the pub in the affected areas anyway, just not with another household. Not sure how that works though as there are many other households at the pub!
Until the actual law is published, it's impossible to know :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:58 am
duncs500 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:46 am I think you're still allowed to go to the pub in the affected areas anyway, just not with another household. Not sure how that works though as there are many other households at the pub!
I was just going on this article, but I guess that's no guarantee! Link

"The measures mean different households will not be allowed to meet in homes or private gardens. Individual households will still be able to go to pubs and restaurants but not mix with another household."
GG.

Post by GG. »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:09 am

"The measures mean different households will not be allowed to meet in homes or private gardens. Individual households will still be able to go to pubs and restaurants but not mix with another household."
Could actually be very deliberate if you think outside the box... if, say, a particular demographic that congregates in large numbers in houses but does not go out drinking in pubs were the area of concern and the source of the increasing infections, presumably you would enact a measure saying don't congregate inside but fine to go to the pub. Only if you see it as a measure for society as a whole is it incongruous.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

He’s talking about Eid lads :lol:
An absolute unit
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:31 am
duncs500 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:09 am

Could actually be very deliberate if you think outside the box... if, say, a particular demographic that congregates in large numbers in houses but does not go out drinking in pubs were the area of concern and the source of the increasing infections, presumably you would enact a measure saying don't congregate inside but fine to go to the pub. Only if you see it as a measure for society as a whole is it incongruous.
Got any insight on how a tweet from Matt Hancock has force of law?
GG.

Post by GG. »

I haven't seen a tweet from Matt Hancock! I'm trying to determine logic from banning household gatherings but letting people go to the pub. I'm not suggesting anything has the force of law unless it has been promulgated by statutory instrument or some other delegated power. In the absence of that its just guidance as people are saying.

[mention]ZedLeg[/mention] In my ignorance I didn't realise Eid overlapped with the taking of this measure. Seems very coincidental if that wasn't the specific intention...
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:41 am I haven't seen a tweet from Matt Hancock! I'm trying to determine logic from banning household gatherings but letting people go to the pub. I'm not suggesting anything has the force of law unless it has been promulgated by statutory instrument or some other delegated power.

@ZedLeg In my ignorance didn't Eid overlapped with the taking of this measure. Seems very coincidental if that wasn't the specific intention...
Twitter was the forum for announcement of this new lockdown. No SI has been published. So it's impossible to know what the law will actually say; the only info we have originates from Matt Hancock's tweets.

I don't propose to comment on what the law says until the SI is published; for the moment, I restrict my comments to the fact that this isn't law so it's pretty worthless.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Simply put pubs have measures in place (which are largely followed) inside your own home more than likely there arent arrows and the space isnt there to adhere to it. But then the whatabout this and that will mainly ignore the reasoning behind this snap decision.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:43 am
GG. wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:41 am I haven't seen a tweet from Matt Hancock! I'm trying to determine logic from banning household gatherings but letting people go to the pub. I'm not suggesting anything has the force of law unless it has been promulgated by statutory instrument or some other delegated power.

@ZedLeg In my ignorance didn't Eid overlapped with the taking of this measure. Seems very coincidental if that wasn't the specific intention...
Twitter was the forum for announcement of this new lockdown. No SI has been published. So it's impossible to know what the law will actually say; the only info we have originates from Matt Hancock's tweets.

I don't propose to comment on what the law says until the SI is published; for the moment, I restrict my comments to the fact that this isn't law so it's pretty worthless.
Assuming low voluntary cooperation and the breakdown of the social contract... in which you may well be right as after months of restrictions I imagine many will ignore it. That's not to say that actual laws without enforcement are pretty worthless too, though!