Coronavirus

Mito Man

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mito Man »

Don’t think I’ve had alcohol since the new year :lol:
Did dry January and then just forgot about it.
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:24 pm Also 10 sugars per coffee?
Isolating for 2 weeks odd

5 cups per day less - one sachet per cup - 10 working days - 50 spoons.

Normally I’d have ‘too much’ per day (6 or 7 cups normally) down to 2 or 3
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:27 am
Zonda_ wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:20 am On the down side I'm thinking if this goes on much longer I won't be able to get a haircut...
Do it yourself !

One Christmas holiday, while my wife was out for the evening, I decided to cut my own hair. She has never let me forget.

(I maaaay have had a couple of drinks that night...)
Those amongst us of a certain vintage will remember the original punk rock days when cutting your own hair to ensure it looked crap was 'a thing.' :oops:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jackleg wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:08 pm Mrs is a doctor in the Navy
Much respect! 8-)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:29 pm Don’t think I’ve had alcohol since the new year :lol:
Did dry January and then just forgot about it.
I've had no beer since last weekend (have been drinking my usual quantity of wine though), and have lost 1kg in weight. Result. :)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

This is excellent

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m not sure it sends the right message when Hancock and Boris keep reiterating that their symptoms are so mild that they can continue working.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 pm I’m not sure it sends the right message when Hancock and Boris keep reiterating that their symptoms are so mild that they can continue working.
Via video links !
Barry

Post by Barry »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:07 pm I’m not sure it sends the right message when Hancock and Boris keep reiterating that their symptoms are so mild that they can continue working.
The cynical side of me just thinks its a handy way to show solidarity with the nation if they catch it ;) All in this together etc.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:39 am I’m wondering if the size of the USA and density of their population means it’ll take a long time to spread throughout the country. Clearly it’s spread quickly in the densely populated NYC, but logically the further people live apart, the slower it would infect them.

Trump’s relaxed attitude will give scientists more info about its spread anyway.
Seems fairly widespread there already

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Cheers, Harry
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, it's been present in every state for, what, a week now?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Good to see we’ve gone full China with drone shaming and strapping loudspeakers to drones.
Almost as uncomfortable as Michael Gove trying to sound sympathetic.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:14 pmAlmost as uncomfortable as Michael Gove trying to sound sympathetic.
That must’ve been quite the reprogramming job.

Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

He kept reminding me of the kid from Stuart Little tonight.
:lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

OK, I won't pretend to believe otherwise, but Asda shopping was lovely tonight. Very quiet, everyone cheekily hopping around each other to keep the 2m limit, and I got cashback out and left it at the self service checkout, and a couple of nice women shouted at me to remind me of it.

Everyone chirpy, chatty and generally pretty chilled out.

Can we lose the Coronavirus and keep this please? I'd built up quite a bit of anxiety about going in on a Friday night, but it was really rather nice.

I mean, the car needing bump started (in reverse - a first for me) because it's not been driven for a couple of days didn't exactly start things off well..
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

👍🏻
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Around Bridgnorth has been the same, at Marks and Spencer’s and Co-op just polite and sensible people.

Marks were pretty much fully stocked aswell.

Dave!
Barry

Post by Barry »

My ASDA run was similar last night, without the almost lost cash aspect. Walked in, no queues, fairly quiet, most ppl dodging each other nicely and I had a very British encounter with a guy as we both tried to step aside and in classic Brit style both kept moving to the same side but forgot to stop walking and ended up almost crashing into each other. Oh how we laughed.

Loo roll and pasta still empty but everything else seemed there, I don't need either thankfully, just went in for fresh veg and some weekend grub.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Went to Sainsburys earlier, no tinned stuff or alcohol and no loo roll but the rest seems to be returning to normal.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Barry wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:15 pm My ASDA run was similar last night, without the almost lost cash aspect. Walked in, no queues, fairly quiet, most ppl dodging each other nicely and I had a very British encounter with a guy as we both tried to step aside and in classic Brit style both kept moving to the same side but forgot to stop walking and ended up almost crashing into each other. Oh how we laughed.

Loo roll and pasta still empty but everything else seemed there, I don't need either thankfully, just went in for fresh veg and some weekend grub.
Yes, very much this tonight. Quite light hearted, no real concerns, all very chilled.