Coronavirus

Beany

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Beany »

While I take the Micky about not having kids etc on here, I do feel for you lot who are in that position; must be a bloody nightmare to keep on top of.

Fell asleep after a surprisingly trying day work wise, got woken up by sounds of applause and whooping - realised it was thon NHS/key workers appreciation thing. That was quite sweet, seems it was really rather popular going by what I've seen on the old book of face.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

By the volume of applause I could head from my dour, must if Newport Pagnell we’re out clapping.

Sounded like standing outside Football stadium
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, thinking back I thought there might have been a couple of people doing it, but it sounded like most of the street threw some applause in.

And there were some fireworks too.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:24 pm I’ve had a bit of a tough week to be honest! I work 5 days and my missus works 3, with nursery stopped we’ve had to find a way to do this and look after a 2 year old.

We’ve basically settled on me doing mon/wed/fri and her doing tues/thurs and just doing more hours on them to make it work, but you try convincing a 2 year old that his mum can’t come and play with him even though he knows she’s in the front room!

I think there’ll be some elaborate good byes and sneaking back in the house from now on!

The flip side of it is that I’m so busy because we had a really good run of winning projects - but it’s going to tough to deliver them (construction) and keep the cash flowing...
I feel your pain. My wife is WFH as am I and we have a very noisy 6yr old girl to contend with. I've been doing a lot of video conferencing with colleagues and directors and she has no respect for my privacy. It makes for an interesting day at work😂

It is a tough day trying to juggle home schooling, entertainment, meals, tidying and fitting some work in-between.

We've arrange a 4pm teams video call with a few colleagues to have a beer and a laugh. A nice end to the week.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

The beer jolly thing is a great idea tomorrow 8-)

My kids are 13 and 14 so have done some work each, maybe 3 hours with little supervision which helps.

Although my youngest was screaming at the Xbox about T Bagging someone on Just Cause 4 whilst I was on a client call this afternoon. I'm hoping it means something different to his generation 🙄
Beany

Post by Beany »

Oh, sweet summer child, it doesn't. It doesn't.

(after you kill someone in a video game, you go over to their body and crouch over it repeatedly - hence teabagging)

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Test results for youngest came back negative, which is great. Wife immediately got asked to cover a ward, so I've had all three by myself today. While it has been hard and my efforts at work have been sporadic at best, it went better than expected.

I'm impressed at the eldest's (6yo) work ethic. He's just getting on with the work from school and doesn't need much prompting to finish stuff.

Middle one is happy building Lego and the youngest obsessed with washing her hands (an opportunity to splash water obviously).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Good news on the test result.

My cousin in Canada tested positive for it last week, he struggled to breath with a very bad cough (but not so much that he needed to be admitted to hospital) and was given the antibiotic azithromycin, he’s much better after 5 days now. Whether or not the antibiotic did anything who knows.
How about not having a sig at all?
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

16vCento wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:49 pm We both work 5 days and now have a 3 year old to contend with!

Wife is a teacher so she is a key worker but I'd rather have him at home all the time tbh.

And his pre school is shutting anyway next week so we be stuck either way!
We've got a 3 1/2 year old and 7 month old. Both nurseries have closed and my wife and I work full-time. She's been doing mornings from 7 until 1ish, then I'm looking forward to actually doing work by that point and working until 7 as well. I'm classed as a key worker as I'm a homeless officer for the council but we can only work from home anyway and I'd rather keep them both at home.
Looking forward to the weekend but then it's the same as during the week but without the break of getting back to work upstairs!

I don't think I could survive a possible 12 weeks of this!
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

KevH18 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 pm
16vCento wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:49 pm We both work 5 days and now have a 3 year old to contend with!

Wife is a teacher so she is a key worker but I'd rather have him at home all the time tbh.

And his pre school is shutting anyway next week so we be stuck either way!
We've got a 3 1/2 year old and 7 month old. Both nurseries have closed and my wife and I work full-time. She's been doing mornings from 7 until 1ish, then I'm looking forward to actually doing work by that point and working until 7 as well. I'm classed as a key worker as I'm a homeless officer for the council but we can only work from home anyway and I'd rather keep them both at home.
Looking forward to the weekend but then it's the same as during the week but without the break of getting back to work upstairs!

I don't think I could survive a possible 12 weeks of this!
It's hard work, it's an awful situation, but it's great fun in a way.

Were getting a lot more family time than normal, eating freshly cooked meals even more than normal.
Playing a lot of games together (generally made up by the little un) and we seem to be all getting on better.

Reminded me how much fun Lego is when you don't have instructions as well.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

This is probably the worst thread I've started only secondary to a big brother one. It's a properly horrible situation. Where I live filled of people of no brains.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Nah, good thread, depressing subject matter.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Food shops near us seem to be getting back to normal, however the restrictions on number of items you can buy somewhat goes against the advice to shop as little as possible if you're trying to feed a finicky of four. I.e three 'meat' products, three 'tomatoe' products etc.
Cheers, Harry
evostick

Post by evostick »

Broccers wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:18 pm This is probably the worst thread I've started only secondary to a big brother one. It's a properly horrible situation. Where I live filled of people of no brains.
People be crazy.

It was only a week ago that the govt. said we should all get for the good of the herd. Now I see genuine panic of the faces of people I've known for years as they try and find the best way to GET A SAFE DISTANCE from me whilst taking the dogs for a walk on a singletrack in the woods.

Was woken up at five in the garden by the birds again and their full on celebration of another day. Marvellous. Hope you all have a good one.

America needs to ground it's air traffic now. Going to be very nasty there.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yep, USA have totally lost control. Doesn't help when the moron in charge keeps telling people it'll be over and back together in a couple of weeks.

Uk curve is a little more gentle than a lot of others, but going to take a while for the results of social distancing to start showing, which I think is the bit the public can't get their head around, the delay between catching it, showing symptoms and symptoms worsening.
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’m wondering if the size of the USA and density of their population means it’ll take a long time to spread throughout the country. Clearly it’s spread quickly in the densely populated NYC, but logically the further people live apart, the slower it would infect them.

Trump’s relaxed attitude will give scientists more info about its spread anyway.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:52 pm By the volume of applause I could head from my dour, must if Newport Pagnell we’re out clapping.

Sounded like standing outside Football stadium
Not the first time I’ve been given the clap by well wishers.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Too bloody right!!
Last edited by dinny_g on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

People now have loads of time on their hands to.....dedicate it bitching about everyone else. :roll:

Tragic....

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

She’s not saying all self employed do that is she? It’s a joke, non?