New Top Gear

mik

Re: New Top Gear

Post by mik »

Ah - original post deleted.

It was a rant directed at the BBC and each of the presenters about taking write-offs and destroying them rather than fox them up. Proposed that they were a trio of masturbators.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It's changed (or something's been deleted) it was someone whining about them killing the focus Rs when it could have been fixed up.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:39 am Ah - original post deleted.

It was a rant directed at the BBC and each of the presenters about taking write-offs and destroying them rather than fox them up. Proposed that they were a trio of masturbators.
Fucking hell.... people.

"Why is my license fee being used to fix expensive sports cars which have been written-off?"

"Why is my license fee not being used to fix expensive sports cars which have been written-off?"
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

And now he's getting grief for calling a woman a prick. :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 am

Fucking hell.... people.

"Why is my license fee being used to fix expensive sports cars which have been written-off?"

"Why is my license fee not being used to fix expensive sports cars which have been written-off?"
To be fair, it didn't need much fixing before they bent every panel.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:51 am
Ascender wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 am

Fucking hell.... people.

To be fair, it didn't need much fixing before they bent every panel.
I did think Harris was going to have a rant at Freddie in the immediate aftermath of that. Maybe it wasn't broadcastable.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well I enjoyed reading the Focus RS owners club on Facebook over lunch. Looks like they covered it in primer/bondo to repaint it then the damage after attempting the wall of death means it’s awaiting being scrapped. I can’t see how the BBC would risk selling that to the public . Wheeler Dealers essentially rebuild an entire car due to liability.

Anyway RS owners - one of the weirdest enthusiasts I’ve ever come across :shock:
Last edited by Mito Man on Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:00 pm Well I enjoyed reading the Focus RS owners club on Facebook over lunch. Looks like they covered it in primer to repaint it then the damage after attempting the wall of death means it’s awaiting being scrapped. I can’t see how the BBC would risk selling that to the public . Wheeler Dealers essentially rebuild an entire car due to liability.

Anyway RS owners - one of the weirdest enthusiasts I’ve ever come across :shock:
Stop coming across them then.
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:03 pm
Mito Man wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:00 pm Well I enjoyed reading the Focus RS owners club on Facebook over lunch. Looks like they covered it in primer to repaint it then the damage after attempting the wall of death means it’s awaiting being scrapped. I can’t see how the BBC would risk selling that to the public . Wheeler Dealers essentially rebuild an entire car due to liability.

Stop coming across them then.
Weird when you come across them? I find that hard to swallow.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

iPlayer is being an arse, demanding an account to view or listen :roll: :x
Simon

Post by Simon »

Welcome to 2018.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

When Paddy turned up with the Diabolo on the truck, Harris actually asked specifics about how his was while Paddy was clearly upset that he'd ruined someone elses car and the shoot.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Decent episode, felt like a bit of a missed opportunity in some way though. It's amazing how fast it seemed in the on board footage of the wall of death, you got the feeling their fear of doing that was genuine.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:53 pm Decent episode, felt like a bit of a missed opportunity in some way though.
I wonder what the original plan was before Paddy stuffed it.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:33 pm
duncs500 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:53 pm Decent episode, felt like a bit of a missed opportunity in some way though.
I wonder what the original plan was before Paddy stuffed it.
Yep, I also wonder why Chris didn't do a high speed run in the F40.

I also think they could've done more with the write off feature, but I know some people just like to see them crash into each other. No way they repaired them with the leftover money either.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Nope, no way they could have done a decent repair on the focus for a couple of grand given how badly the rear corner was flintoffed. It was either tv magic and they spent more than their imaginary budget, or it was roughly hammered into shape and sculpted from filler.
Cheers, Harry
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Simon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:10 pmWelcome to 2018.

Que? It's only done it recently :?
Simon

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_