Computer Chairs?

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Computer Chairs?

Post by Ascender »

So, how can a chair, which looks just like any old office chair, be some comfortable and supportive? Very, very impressed, thanks for the recommendation.

I think I'd quite like a headrest thing now though for it...
Cheers,

Mike.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Ascender wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:27 am Aeron
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Erm... How Much... :o
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Beany

Post by Beany »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:33 pm

How much is your back not fucking aching worth to you?

They genuinely are a cut above in terms of adjustability and support, but you do pay for it.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Office chairs and mattresses are two items that should never be scrimped on if you like your back.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

I just realised I never posted back to this thread with what I bought...

https://www.ergohuman.co.nz/product/erg ... lite-mesh/

It's fucking brilliant.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Gavster wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:58 am

Office chairs and mattresses are two items that should never be scrimped on if you like your back.
There's "Not Scrimping" and there's "lighting Cigars with burning £50's" like Scrooge McDuck :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Genuinely... every time I sit in it, its AMAZING.

Even Mrs Mike, who is basically Victorian Dad from Viz and thinks everything should cost what it did 50 years ago, thinks it was a bargain. And it might be a placebo effect, but my back isn't aching after a long day at work any more.
Cheers,

Mike.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Glad it's working well for you

Don't forget the Aeron never had an official headrest. There are plenty of after market options though, like the Atlas.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Simon wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:51 pm Glad it's working well for you

Don't forget the Aeron never had an official headrest. There are plenty of after market options though, like the Atlas.
Thanks, will check that out tomorrow!
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Happy to hear it’s made a difference!

The back relief is probably real. My first foray into office chairs was 12 years ago, switching from a horrid brown oversized executive style office armchair to a properly supportive modern chair. It fixed my backache very quickly, and sold me on good chairs immediately.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Thread bump time.

We were ordering some more office furniture yesterday and it prompted me to finally get around to ordering another Sidiz T50 like I got for myself at home a couple of years back.

Holy shit they got expensive! Not sure if they're now produced under licence by another company or what, but looking at £700-1000 for what I paid £250 for a couple of years ago. :shock:

So, hit me up for other suggestions. I don't want to spend a fortune but from looking about it looks like it's now mostly tat in the sub £300 price range. @Ascender - where did you get your refurbed HM from? And did you ever get round to sorting a headrest for it?
mik

Post by mik »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:00 pm prompted me to finally get around to ordering another Sidiz T50 like I got for myself at home a couple of years back.
Refurbished for £234 here
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Cheers mik - seems to be a cheaper version of what I have though. Like I say, I suspect that the original firm has sold off manufacture under licence as a Cali based site (Sidiz) comes up that appears to sell the original lineup, and then a Czech based site (Techo) seems to be selling the cheaper looking equivalent. I may be wide of the mark there though.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Every office chair you could ever want is available s/h or refurbed on eBay
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:00 pmSo, hit me up for other suggestions. I don't want to spend a fortune but from looking about it looks like it's now mostly tat in the sub £300 price range. @Ascender - where did you get your refurbed HM from? And did you ever get round to sorting a headrest for it?

@Swervin_Mervin - I did a google search and came up with a few different companies who had chairs in stock, all much of a muchness in terms of price, availability etc and then just went for the one I preferred in terms of size, colour etc. I then got a headrest from Amazon - one of the third party ones - there's quite a few sellers on there.

There's loads of firms on eBay and the web who do these so I wouldn't overthink it, just find the right chair in the right colour and buy it.
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Cheere Mike

I was more interested from the perspective of you being happy with it to be honest - I prefer to order from places people were happy with, especially with something like this being used and places having claimed to have cleaned/refurbed them etc. I'll have a look about and will check out the 3rd party headrests as well ta.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:39 pm Cheere Mike

I was more interested from the perspective of you being happy with it to be honest - I prefer to order from places people were happy with, especially with something like this being used and places having claimed to have cleaned/refurbed them etc. I'll have a look about and will check out the 3rd party headrests as well ta.
I'll see if I can find who it came from - it isn't coming up in my e-mail search, but delighted with it. It's by far the comfiest office chair I've ever had and you can 100% feel the build quality. It looked like almost-new, so no issues with the "refurb" element of it.

Here's the headrest I bought - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Following the link I've just ordered the Sidiz from the refurb place. The gaming chair I bought during lockdown just isn't working for me, I can't seem to get comfortable and it is giving me back pain.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I've been following this thread with interest for a while and finally acted. I'm sure they're very good, but the netting style chairs just don't look like something I want in my house so Nathan's choice of the Humanscale Freedom (head rest type) seemed like a promising option. Ordered myself a refurbed one and it's just arrived. I must say it feels great to sit in on first impression, let's see how I get on with it (anything is better than what I was using anyway).
jamcg

Post by jamcg »