Tesla Cyberpuke

Beany

Re: Tesla Cyberpuke

Post by Beany »

A limerick-related aside

Beany

Post by Beany »

Beany wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:41 pm I mean, $2700 wouldn't cover a fraction of his medical bill if it had bitten, so perhaps not the smartest move.
Oh hey someone actually did it.

https://gizmodo.com/cybertruck-video-br ... 1851460112
“In my last video everybody kept saying that when the Tesla Cybertruck was coming down on my finger that I pushed up to make it open up and sense my finger but that’s just not true,” Fay explains.

“And to prove that wrong I’m going to put my finger completely flat against the Cybertruck this time. I’m not going to hover it. I’ll put it completely flat and see if it crushes my finger because everybody is asking,” Fay continues.

Incredibly, the content creator even tries it out with a stick first, which promptly breaks in half.

“But first I’m going to test it out with this stick. This is exactly what I’m going to do with my finger. I’m going to put it right there and hopefully my finger doesn’t break like that but let’s find out,” Fay says.
Cybertruck owners really are the thickest of the cult members.

Even better:
Amazingly, YouTuber Jeremy Judkins, one of the people who tried this in a viral video earlier and had the frunk close hard on his finger, told Business Insider that an engineer at Tesla told him he was doing it wrong. How? Apparently rather than interpreting your tapping on the car as a plea for help as it crushes your bones, the Cybertruck thinks you want the door to close harder. Seriously.

From Business Insider:

Judkins said that after the finger test, a lead cybertruck engineer at Tesla said he did the video wrong.

The engineer told him the frunk increases in pressure every single time it closes and detects resistance, Judkins said. It’s going to assume you want to close the frunk and maybe something like a bag is getting in the way, which would make it close harder.

“Using this information, that means it closed on my finger harder than my hand and way harder than my arm,” the YouTuber wrote.

And if you think that’s bad, it gets even worse. Judkins tried a new experiment with a bag, and it still closed in a horrific way.

Judkins said the algorithm should favor safety instead of a bag getting in the way. But even when Judkins put a bag in the way of closing the frunk, it still closed, which meant it didn’t quite respond to resistance the way it should have.

Gizmodo isn’t aware of any videos showing a finger that’s been severed while trying this trick. At least not yet. It feels like it’s only a matter of time before someone completely chops off a finger.
Yes, that's the same Jeremy Judkins from the video earlier in the thread.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany

Post by Beany »

Hey Telsa, how's it going lil buddy?

.....yeah.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I'm not convinced the owner didn't do it.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I mean, based on some of the shit they post (wow, my cybertruck is shit and suffered brake and steering failure but i still love it! etc) it's actually quite believable that they might have thought they were making a statement.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Beany wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:02 pm Hey Telsa, how's it going lil buddy?

.....yeah.
I saw a photo of the same car on Reddit, parked up with that writing on the side.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Cook Pass Babtridge
mik

Post by mik »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:D
Beany

Post by Beany »

More rampant, petulant incompetence from Tesla/Musk

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/05/te ... le-content
That made Musk's dismissal of the entire team responsible so hard to fathom. While the Supercharger network accounts for only about 5 percent of Tesla's revenues, that percent is poised to grow as more OEMs gain access. And although the charging experience for Tesla EVs at Superchargers is usually flawless, that's because it's optimized for a single make of car with just five different models; there's no guarantee that will prove true when cars from other brands try to charge.

The layoffs also appeared to put Tesla's plan to build a more powerful charger that would benefit cars using 800 V or 900 V architectures, including Audi, Porsche, Lucid, and others, on hold.

Worse yet, dozens of Supercharger sites that were in the works have stalled out, according to multiple reports.

But last week, Musk announced that Tesla would spend more than $500 million building out more chargers, just days after saying the focus would instead be on uptime at existing locations. And to do that, Tesla will need to rehire a whole bunch of people.

That started with Max de Zegher, who was an executive under the previous head of Supercharging, Rebecca Tinucci. (At the time of the layoffs, Electrek reported that Musk got rid of the entire team because Tinucci did not lay off enough workers on her own.)
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I do wonder what goes on behind the scenes at Tesla and Starlink with investors who must be nervous about what Musk will do from one moment to the next. Not to mention what he's done to Twitter.
Cheers,

Mike.