Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by nuttinnew »

You may already have seen this, ste;

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.46051 ... 312!8i6656
ste

Post by ste »

Ha, no I hadn't thanks.

That will be the development mule one of the senior Caterham engineers made to prove that the CSR independent rear suspension could fit inside the standard S3 chassis rather than the lardy S5 chassis. He built it as an R500 that recently came up for sale. Anyway, total one-off thing. For some reason they didn't put it into production.

Or at least I'd strongly assume it's that. It's the only Duratec engined car I know of in flouro yellow, and even then wasn't its original colour.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Hadn't seen, yet knows all the info about the car :lol: 8-)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

More importantly and on topic - what hedge trimmer did you get?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:53 pm More importantly and on topic - what hedge trimmer did you get?
They're called cable cutters now Rich.
ste

Post by ste »

This one.
ste

Post by ste »

ste wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:01 pmThis one.
Why doesn't the mobile upload work for me? :cry:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:56 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:53 pm More importantly and on topic - what hedge trimmer did you get?
They're called cable cutters now Rich.
😃
ste

Post by ste »

As I was saying, this one:

...which I had to look at the picture to remember even what make it was. Macalister or something? It's my 3rd in 4 years. I have a petrol one that the fuel gasket leaks on and has set my arms on fire twice. It'll run for 20 mins or so and then cuts out and won't restart when hot. Too much hassle. I then bought a Bosch cordless one with rechargeable batteries. Great, but after 2 years both batteries are dead. So bought this, with the expectancy that it'll also last 2 years and then go in the bin. Seems OK, or at least does now I've modified it by removing the safety bar / hook thing off the end of the bar.
mik

Post by mik »

When your bezzie mate is a hedge trimmer...

Ste: Coming out for a run in teh caterham Hedgie?
Hedgie: takatakatakatakatakataka
ste

Post by ste »

:lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:29 am I was always surprised that the CLK coupe had a pillarless design - something until then only reserved for top segment cars like the CL.

Anyway finished the 6 series yesterday, I spend about an hour bending the metal brackets for the lights and shuffling the bumper. I can say that for the first time in about 12 years it is aligned fecking perfectly.
Went to turn it on and got the instant warning message “left headlight high beam failure” at which point I had visions of dousing the car in petrol and chucking a match at it. Then remembered back to my research some months ago that you need to clear the error message as the car is relatively stupid and won’t realise it has a new light for a while as it just won’t send power to it till it decides to periodically recheck it. Reset it and it works perfectly.

I had ordered the lights from Europe so it became evident at night that they’re clearly set up for LHD cars. Something for the MOT chap to sort.

What’s that? When did you get it? 645?
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's his Mum's IIRC....
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

My mum bought an M6 and then abandoned this for the last 12 months as she didn’t want to sell it but couldn’t be bothered to spend the money fixing it either because woman logic... Now I’m adopting it.

Only has 2 major problems left now.
How about not having a sig at all?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

scotta wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:30 pm
davejevons wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:48 pm I recently drove mine back from Inverness to Oxfordshire, having done NC500 and the gear box whine combined with the drone was what forced me to pull over rather than the ride or seating position. The S2s have longer gearing than an S1, which is part of what makes them more useable but it's still not great.

I always fancied a 135 engine (mine's got the std 120). The gearbox whine on the standard K put me off though. I've come to the conclusion it's either put a honda with a 6-speed box in or keep as std and live with the whine. A six speed box would be lovely.
Fuckin' Fairys :lol:

The noise is part of the experience. Get a bigger air intake and that drowns out the noise of the gearbox - Job Jobbed.
I never noticed any gearbox whine, the Janspeed exhaust drowned that out! Mine had the CRB, so 60mph was over 3k RPM.

Did the S2's have longer gearing? I'm sure they both shared the same two boxes (standard or CRB) across all the K-series cars?
scotta

Post by scotta »

Matty wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:36 am
davejevons wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:48 pm I recently drove mine back from Inverness to Oxfordshire, having done NC500 and the gear box whine combined with the drone was what forced me to pull over rather than the ride or seating position. The S2s have longer gearing than an S1, which is part of what makes them more useable but it's still not great.

I always fancied a 135 engine (mine's got the std 120). The gearbox whine on the standard K put me off though. I've come to the conclusion it's either put a honda with a 6-speed box in or keep as std and live with the whine. A six speed box would be lovely.

The noise is part of the experience. Get a bigger air intake and that drowns out the noise of the gearbox - Job Jobbed.
I never noticed any gearbox whine, the Janspeed exhaust drowned that out! Mine had the CRB, so 60mph was over 3k RPM.

Did the S2's have longer gearing? I'm sure they both shared the same two boxes (standard or CRB) across all the K-series cars?
Mines whines a bit but i wouldn't say its the most prominent noise.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

65mph - 4200rpm. Read it and weep :lol:
ste

Post by ste »

I wish I could hear my gearbox. :lol:
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

speedingfine wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:57 am

65mph - 4200rpm. Read it and weep :lol:
My maths may be out, but with a 7000rpm rev limit (DVA advised not to go higher on a 1600K but admittedly my trophy 160 pistons can take a little more) my top speed is only 108mph :lol:
ste

Post by ste »

ha, that's mental. 6 spd?