Mito Man

Re: Who is living their best life?

Post by Mito Man »

This explains the hand-sawing logs thing 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

14 is what I was aiming for and I’m now at 20, in Jan I was 3.5. I want to drop it a little but will stay on this regime for a full 6 months and see where it settles.

The NHS is hopeless for this so I went private. The NHS wanted 6 months between tests, 3.5 was within a working range so deemed ok. I think you need a doctor who doesn’t just use a hymn sheet as it’s not seen as a big issue for many people.

Dave!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:11 pm This explains the hand-sawing logs thing 😂
It’s good to feel great again 😎

I expect to drop 2 or 3 stone before the end of summer.

Dave!
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:15 pm 14 is what I was aiming for and I’m now at 20, in Jan I was 3.5. I want to drop it a little but will stay on this regime for a full 6 months and see where it settles.

The NHS is hopeless for this so I went private. The NHS wanted 6 months between tests, 3.5 was within a working range so deemed ok. I think you need a doctor who doesn’t just use a hymn sheet as it’s not seen as a big issue for many people.

Dave!
Okay that does sound like you were very low, no wonder you feel like a new man!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I've long since suspected my testosterone is low so I think it's time for some tests. I've found I cry at the drop of a hat these days which may have nothing to do with it but I've a lot of the other tell tale signs.

The last time I felt like this was in my mid 30's when my other half bought Multi Vitamins with added Evening Primrose oil :lol: I first suspected something was up when I lost a game of Rock Paper Scissors and had to watch Titanic and was baling my eyes out at the end.

I was slowly transitioning into a women proving that once again, I'm ahead of my times. :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It was brain fog, struggling to deal with loads of things going on at once, weight gain, lack of strength, terrible recovery times after exercise. Never any emotional stuff really.

It’s always linked with Libido but mine never changed, so I assumed all was well. 3 years of testing wasted trying to figure out what’s wrong.

I did get a sensitive left nipple though.

Dave!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:36 pm It was brain fog, struggling to deal with loads of things going on at once, weight gain, lack of strength, terrible recovery times after exercise.
I have all of those... :shock:

Plus the tears... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:36 pm It was brain fog, struggling to deal with loads of things going on at once, weight gain, lack of strength, terrible recovery times after exercise. Never any emotional stuff really.

It’s always linked with Libido but mine never changed, so I assumed all was well. 3 years of testing wasted trying to figure out what’s wrong.

I did get a sensitive left nipple though.

Dave!
I’ve got all of what you said. I’ve tried all sorts to loose weight without much success so might have to give docs a buzz next week
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Just a word on the low testosterone thing. They don't always test for *free* testosterone (i.e. what's actually available to be used).

I had a private blood test a couple of years ago which revealed that although my testosterone levels were at the upper end of average, my SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) was also very high, which meant that my free testosterone was right at the bottom of the average range. I've taken a boron supplement ever since and a subsequent blood test said everything was quite happily in range (not that I ever really had any major symptoms, other than maybe a bit of fatigue).

If you're struggling with weight gain and general sluggishness, it's also worth getting your thyroxine levels checked. Again, a private test is probably a good idea, because as standard the NHS only test for T4 and TSH, and not T3 (or is it the other way round??), and the three things all work together.
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Agree with the above. If you want a blood test done for T levels then use a clinic who solely do that. I chose Optimale and the back-up has been brilliant.

Also do a proper blood sample, the finger prick ones are not hugely accurate. I took 2 over 2 months after trying a lot of different things to boost levels and generally they add very tiny amounts if you are genuinely low.

Privately it’s 130 a month in total for syringes, T, doctor back-up by email etc and once you have a few years doing things right you can manage yourself for around half that.

Dave!