Car Insurance Renewal Roulette

nuttinnew

Re: Car Insurance Renewal Roulette

Post by nuttinnew »

Carlos wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:01 pm Passplus is supported and subsidised by our Local Authority's Road Safety Team. Its £20 for 3 hour classroom course plus 2 hours of driving!
:o 8-) That's excellent, a thoroughly good idea.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Marv wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:20 pm
Broccers wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:02 am Bike insurance renewal through - up 40 percent :D
The insurance on my CRF250 Rally was £120 last year, down to £77 this year...I'll take that :lol:

All of my bikes are now under £80 each a year to insure now...guess that's the benefits of being old and having slow bikes...
I guess! Still love em. I really want a pani v4s but am too poor.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

New job requires me to have business insurance on the car, so I called up LV to make the necessary changes. Policy runs until end of Feb, so I was a bit surprised when I was quoted £2.15 - that seems very reasonable.

Happy to take it though.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

X5 and 325ti due next month.
After some minor negotiation the X5 is £62 less (£420) and the £325ti £70 more (£500, includes my sister in law on a provisional).
I consider that a result!
scotta

Post by scotta »

Mrs A Mini renewal came through today £188 fully comp. Up £24 from last year. Robbing bastards.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I just noticed, they’re claiming a big part of the increase is because repairs are taking so much longer and hire cars are having to be loaned out longer - but when I looked last week they all want about £10-20 per year more for a courtesy car. Which is about what they’ve always wanted for one!
How about not having a sig at all?
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

To be fair, the average claim cost has increased massively.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

Renewal time here too - multi-car policy for everything but the Galaxie - £1,735

It's a bit of an erk to stump up in one go, but it seems pretty reasonable when it covers six cars including two Porsches, a Bentley, and an Aston.

And I took the opportunity to get a quote on a 360 - £379 8-) but will need a tracker :? and I know absolutely nothing about the costs of those.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

What sort of tracker are they asking for?

They can be quite expensive if you have to get it fitted by an approved installer, but they're simple to fit if theyre ok with you doing it yourself.

I'd imagine if it's a stipulation of the insurance that a lot of them will already be fitted with them?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Our motorhome had to have one but the insurer supplied it at no cost.

It's the size of a matchbox. I was asked to fit/hide it and then they did a test to make sure they could locate it whilst stored, simple.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Throw in an apple air tag and call it done :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

16vCento wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:55 am What sort of tracker are they asking for?

They can be quite expensive if you have to get it fitted by an approved installer, but they're simple to fit if theyre ok with you doing it yourself.

I'd imagine if it's a stipulation of the insurance that a lot of them will already be fitted with them?
Fair point that this kind of car may well have one already. I didn't go into detail with them but I'd assume it needs to be professionally fitted ? Otherwise there's little guarantee it'll work, or even get fitted in the first place if they let punters to do it themselves. "Trust me bro".
Simon

Post by Simon »

Got my renewal through for the Merc with LV. Last year was £400 ish. Initial pitch on the paperwork is £550, which is crazy for full NCB, 45 year old me. Gonna have to shop around a lot.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Carlos

Post by Carlos »

This seems to go against the grain but last year for a new i3s i thought was a bargain at £360 and i was later able to add my 17yr old daughter for occasional use but still fully comp for £60.

Renewal has come through at £161!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Zenith decided they wanted to charge an extra £200 a year to insure the x5 despite now having a years ncb on it.

Compared my meerkats and halved their renewal quote. Knobheads.
Cheers, Harry