The Movie Thread

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: The Movie Thread

Post by Rich B »

The only real issue I’ve had with it so far is Charlie Hunnam talks .....so...fucking....slow...all...the...time...
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:41 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:59 am
speedingfine wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:10 pm Triple Frontier.

1/10 Fucking tripe
Its proper trash, but I’ve quite enjoyed it so far (been watching it on train journeys, 20 mins to go).
The amount of stupid decisions by supposedly highly trained people is too damn high :lol:
All it needed was Jeremy Renner to finish it off

Disappointing to see Oscar Issac in it, then again $80m budget..
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pmDisappointing to see Oscar Issac in it, then again $80m budget..
No idea what this means...
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

He's too good to be in crap films, but money talks
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

"Fucking tripe" is harsh on Triple Frontier. I'd give it a solid 3/5 as it passed the time but as with many fils and tv shows, it needed to resort to intelligent people having to do dumb things to manufacture jeopardy.

Wes Anderson is a bona fide genius and I love his stuff. Fantastic Mr Fox is well up there, some fantastic moments in it. I'm always surprised that more people haven't seen Grand Budapest Hotel as that seemed to be a big breakthrough moment for him in to the mainstream, even going by the box office numbers.
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Ascender wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:39 pm "Fucking tripe" is harsh on Triple Frontier. I'd give it a solid 3/5 as it passed the time but as with many fils and tv shows, it needed to resort to intelligent people having to do dumb things to manufacture jeopardy.

Wes Anderson is a bona fide genius and I love his stuff. Fantastic Mr Fox is well up there, some fantastic moments in it. I'm always surprised that more people haven't seen Grand Budapest Hotel as that seemed to be a big breakthrough moment for him in to the mainstream, even going by the box office numbers.
The Royal Tenenbaums was pretty big too, that was the film that got me into his stuff. I didn’t see it in the cinema, but got to see all the ones after it.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

The Man Who Killed Hitler And Then The Bigfoot - Sam Elliot is brilliant as always and its a curious, enjoyable movie although. 3 mangey, cloth-eared Bigfoots out of 5.
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Spider-Man in to the Spider-Verse - One of the most visually stunning movies I've seen in a long time and it was bloody good fun too. Great sound-track, very funny, the time flew by. 5 sticky white messes out of 5. I know what you're thinking, but honestly, well worth checking out.
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Ascender wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:53 am Spider-Man in to the Spider-Verse - One of the most visually stunning movies I've seen in a long time and it was bloody good fun too. Great sound-track, very funny, the time flew by. 5 sticky white messes out of 5. I know what you're thinking, but honestly, well worth checking out.
That white sticky messes is the yardstick for a different category of films?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:07 pm Dirt - it's exactly what it is - a biopic of Motley Crue from origins to roughly mid-90s. Entertaining enough. Plenty of eye candy. Did leave me thinking there's no way you'd get away with even 1/10th of that behaviour these days - they had far too much fun :lol: . 7.5/10.
Another thumbs up for 'The Dirt' on Netflix, how they've avoided Savile type accusations I don't know 😂
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Ascender wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:53 am Spider-Man in to the Spider-Verse - One of the most visually stunning movies I've seen in a long time and it was bloody good fun too. Great sound-track, very funny, the time flew by. 5 sticky white messes out of 5. I know what you're thinking, but honestly, well worth checking out.
Yep - agreed.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:26 pm
The Spiderman is also a sex move, so there's a bit of a crossover there.
Cheers,

Mike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Ascender wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:15 am
You're clearly more knowledgeable than me. Never heard of that.
---
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:19 am

I thought Scandinavians were supposed to be more liberal than us Brits when it comes to sex?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:45 am

I thought Scandinavians were supposed to be more liberal than us Brits when it comes to sex?
Doesn't mean we know every "move" dreamed up by the repressed stiff upper lip types.
---
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:18 am

Doesn't mean we know every "move" dreamed up by the repressed stiff upper lip types.
I've never been more disappointed.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:21 am
DeskJockey wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:18 am

I've never been more disappointed.
I bet you have.
---
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Took nephew to see Shazam. Utter utter shit.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Watched The Fugitive for the first time in a few years (it's on Netflix). Superb film still 😆
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

speedingfine wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:35 pm Watched The Fugitive for the first time in a few years (it's on Netflix). Superb film still 😆
i don’t care!