Russell Brand’s Career…

ZedLeg

Re: Russell Brand’s Career…

Post by ZedLeg »

She lost a trial after having her character assassinated and a huge smear campaign. She was putting up with a torrent of online abuse and now people are saying that other women won’t be believed due to her.

Thanks for proving my point lads.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

So are you suggesting that Depp should have been found guilty on her word alone, despite being shown to be lying about key details of the case??

Thanks for proving my point
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

No I’m not talking about the result of the trial, I’m talking about how she was treated during and after it.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I watched all the trial, she was the the abuser.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

So Depp having movies cancelled and newspapers claiming he was an abuser was not him being mistreated ?

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I forgot that yous had Opinions about that stuff.

I was really using her as an example of how women are treated during high profile trials like that.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:25 am I was really using her as an example of how women are treated during high profile trials like that.
And I was really using her as an example of how women who falsely accuse people and get found out for it, publicly, do not help other women…

And how that no matter what the outcome of the trial, there are those in certain quarters who will always believe her and blame the media, both print and social for skewing the outcome.

That does not align me to those who would assassinate her character on social media forms.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I never said it did Dinny, none of this is a statement on the trial apart from how she was treated. If you weren't calling her a cunt and wishing death on her, I'm not talking about you.

It was just the most recent high profile trial I could think of.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:29 pm She lost a trial after having her character assassinated and a huge smear campaign. She was putting up ⬆️ with a torrent of online abuse and now people are saying that other women won’t be believed due to her.

Thanks for proving my point lads.
??

Perhaps you didn’t mean what you appear to mean…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Ok, so I don't think it was as black and white as she was a baddy and he was a goody, the fact that a lot of people bought into that narrative and decided that Heard was a liar opened an environment where worse abuse was normalised.

I said women don't want to go to court because of high profile examples of how awful it is and you and Rich called Heard a liar and said she made other women's stories less believable, thereby proving my point.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I didn’t call her a liar but but that is what she did. It’s not an opinion, it’s a fact.

Anyhoo, there’s no point in continuing this…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

You do see how saying she did other women a disservice is a shitty thing to say though?

Like, if a woman says she's been sexually assaulted you probably shouldn't go well that other woman wasn't honest so you're probably lying. The amount of false accusations is tiny.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I really don’t think Amber Heard is a good example to make your point, Zed. But there will be plenty of examples which do make it because it is correct.

Wonder if Musk will provide a paying platform for Brand now YouTube has demonetised him?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, you're right as usual Jobbo. Like I say, I forgot how polarised people are about it. The consensus in my usual circles isn't so down on Heard.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:31 am You do see how saying she did other women a disservice is a shitty thing to say though?

Like, if a woman says she's been sexually assaulted you probably shouldn't go well that other woman wasn't honest so you're probably lying. The amount of false accusations is tiny.
Saying it to her, or another victim would be a shitty thing to do and I would never do it. But in the context of the discussion and this audience, I still feel it's a valid challenge.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

One dead friend from a womans accusations, it’s shit for men and women as there is always a baying crowd either end.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

People need the aforementioned goody and baddy.

In this case if the stuff about the teenager is as reported then it's pretty clear who the baddy is, but in a lot of instances it's more opaque.
An absolute unit
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I can see Brand’s defence for court a mile off: “I was shagger of the year 3 times, everyone knew I was promiscuous and I made no secret of publicly inviting people back for sex at the end of my shows or generally. So anyone who did come round was knowingly consenting.”
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I see YouTube have de-monetised his account. I'm pretty mixed on that for two reasons. One, obviously you're innocent until proven guilty, but two, if they really disapprove, take the channel down. Don't claim the high ground whilst still enjoying the millions of views to your platform and the free publicity.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:04 am In this case if the stuff about the teenager is as reported then it's pretty clear who the baddy is, but in a lot of instances it's more opaque.
Absolutely...