Can we have some moderators?

mik

Re: Can we have some moderators?

Post by mik »

I think we should all have moderators rights - we can ban each other for S&Gs.
scotta

Post by scotta »

mik wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:38 pm I think we should all have moderators rights - we can ban each other for S&Gs.
Your avatar doesn’t have white writing on the tyres. That deserves a ban.
scotta

Post by scotta »

I’m going to start a Ban list
1.Beany
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’m going to start a Ban list
1.Beany
2. Everyone who isn’t Beany
An absolute unit
ilmostro

Post by ilmostro »

Ban all thread relating to any kind of purchasing decision.
mik

Post by mik »

I've just banned banning. Sorry chaps.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:32 am I’m going to start a Ban list
1.Beany
They already did that on the old forum, look how well that turned out.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Beany wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:51 am
ZedLeg wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:32 am I’m going to start a Ban list
1.Beany
They already did that on the old forum, look how well that turned out.
:lol:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Marv wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 pm I'd say you're pretty wrong on that count OC. Seeing as the evo forum was pretty much self regulating, and there's been no incidents here, I'd argue almost any current member could be trusted to be a moderator. I imagine you really wouldn't have to do much apart from admin work.
See Miks post which is correct, the reason it's worked so far is because it's a level playing field and you either fit in, argue the point or flounce. Give someone like Rev admin rights and the next time someone disagrees with him, or Tim tells him he's fucked up the simple act of buying a car again and that admin power will most likely be abused.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I'd ban everyone except PostBot, who I'd happily chat with near-constantly.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:41 pm
Marv wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:27 pm I'd say you're pretty wrong on that count OC. Seeing as the evo forum was pretty much self regulating, and there's been no incidents here, I'd argue almost any current member could be trusted to be a moderator. I imagine you really wouldn't have to do much apart from admin work.
See Miks post which is correct, the reason it's worked so far is because it's a level playing field and you either fit in, argue the point or flounce. Give someone like Rev admin rights and the next time someone disagrees with him, or Tim tells him he's fucked up the simple act of buying a car again and that admin power will most likely be abused.
That simply isn't true and is pretty fucking insulting. If only I had that ban button right now.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:01 pm
That simply isn't true and is pretty fucking insulting. If only I had that ban button right now.
I also agree it's pretty fucking insulting for Marv to think someone with admin rights wouldn't use that power to great amusement.
Marv

Post by Marv »

You're probably right... Though I'd like to think that (using your example) Rev and Tim are bigger people than getting genuinely wound up and petty, then banning someone trolling them a bit.... I've met both of them in real life and they're decent people (Well, apart from Dave being a Northerner, and Tim being from Norfolk, of all places)
Oui, je suis un motard.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

As always, those who want the position should be instantly removed from the list.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Matty wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:54 pm Well I've restricted registrations now, so that's fixed the issue with spammers, and the forum doesn't show up in any searches or anything so I doubt many are going to stumble by and try to join. If they do, they'll just have to wait until I can tick the box to complete their registration.
The problem is already functionally solved, all the rest of this is just arse licking, grandstanding and, frankly, pretty sad, even by my standards.

So business as usual then.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Marv wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:39 pm
You're probably right... Though I'd like to think that (using your example) Rev and Tim are bigger people than getting genuinely wound up and petty, then banning someone trolling them a bit.... I've met both of them in real life and they're decent people (Well, apart from Dave being a Northerner, and Tim being from Norfolk, of all places)
Ironically, given this specific example, Tim made me an Admin of the Facebook group. 😁
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Beany wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:33 pm
Matty wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 8:54 pm Well I've restricted registrations now, so that's fixed the issue with spammers, and the forum doesn't show up in any searches or anything so I doubt many are going to stumble by and try to join. If they do, they'll just have to wait until I can tick the box to complete their registration.
The problem is already functionally solved, all the rest of this is just arse licking, grandstanding and, frankly, pretty sad, even by my standards.

So business as usual then.
Indeed - I don’t know what everyone was getting so uppity about when I said it already worked.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:58 pm
Marv wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Ironically, given this specific example, Tim made me an Admin of the Facebook group. 😁
I was actually on about Evostick Tim, hence the fucking up the car purchase reference.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

LOL cunts.