Re: Trump
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:53 am
I'm at the nuclear factory, I'm at the drug factory, I'm at the combination drug slash nuclear factory.

I’m not sure I understand your point Dave. You want some industries to be exceptional? Why? Law firms and lawyers already pay the same rates as other businesses and individuals.V8Granite wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 11:01 am No we work on all rigs over the world, uk people could do it but the work for them has dwindled so much we are taking up the slack. When we get paid no money comes back to the uk from the contractor.
The UK work is drying up massively so there is less point in having a UK arm of the business. Whatever way you look at it that is less UK tax money coming in.
If we decided that Lawyers earn too much and we should tax them a higher percentage, would you not be annoyed that you were paying a much higher percentage than other people for zero gain ?
What if you ran a firm with 100 employees and decided to start up again in Norway and pay less. Who benefits apart from you as the government doesn't.
Personally, if you employ people and bring in a lot of business, I think your level of tax should go down the more work and jobs you bring in. Incentivise building a business in the UK and use the people we have over here.
Dave!