No F1 thread?

GG.

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by GG. »

:lol:

So actually what we need for F1 to be more entertaining is for it to be slowed down to 1/3 speed
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I watched Senna again last night, that's what F1 needs to be, teams trying anything with the cars. OK, set a maximum spend limit and have the Halo compulsory but let them try what they want.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:49 am I watched Senna again last night, that's what F1 needs to be, teams trying anything with the cars. OK, set a maximum spend limit and have the Halo compulsory but let them try what they want.
I don’t know why they need set engine regs- set a maximum budget, bhp and torque, set an amount of fuel for practice, qualifying and the race and let the teams figure out what they want to do- no maximum engine allowance, just the cash cap so if your money buys 1 engine that’s all you get, if it buys you 20 then so be it
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, because spend limits are so easily enforced...
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

The more you increase design freedom, the more of a gulf between the big teams and small teams there will be.

The gulf between the winning team and the competition will also increase as one team nails their car, it will be to different for the rest to catch up, leaving a canter to the title.

Is it so terrible at the moment where we've got two teams with very strong and closely matched packages competing for the title? For the first time in a long time, you can actually compare two drivers who are in different teams (ie LH and SV).
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Agreed! Of course it would be great if you had, say, 5 teams regularly fighting for the win at every race, but that has never been the case in F1 and likely never will be.

People hark back to the 80's and early 90's as providing exciting close racing - no it wasn't! Apart from a few flashpoints, overtaking was incredibly rare and races were won by laps, not seconds!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

If you want close racing that compares driver with driver, make it an aero-free one make series.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just cap the power and torque. Allow teams to make make engine changes to enhance reliability. The whole battery system is too open to being used for cheating, so just get one team or external supplier to make all those gubbins like how McLaren do a lot of the standardised control electronics for everyone.

I’d also turn into 2 categories, like LMP1 and LMP2 which it essentially has always been but the cars would be under the exact same rules apart from cost caps. The big teams can have an unlimited budget and run 3 cars and the smaller teams can have their budget cap. Everyone is happy. We get a 24 car grid and better racing.
How about not having a sig at all?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Kimi out, announcement due Thursday.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Is that due to him being a better driver than Seb at Monza?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:12 pm Is that due to him being a better driver than Seb at Monza?
110%, so Seb has asked for LeClerk. Seb to be out of Ferrari before 2021 because he won't play second fiddle?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Seb’s been way better than Kimi for several seasons. One race isn’t enough to change that.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’ve personally never rated Kimi all that much, I’ve just enjoyed his couldn’t-give-a-shit-I-was-taking-a-shit-Leave-me-alone-I-know-what-I’m-doing attitude.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:06 am I’ve personally never rated Kimi all that much, I’ve just enjoyed his couldn’t-give-a-shit-I-was-taking-a-shit-Leave-me-alone-I-know-what-I’m-doing attitude.
Same. He’s good, but not as good as Seb. Probably because he doesn’t give a fuck!
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I saw some speculation that Kimi would stay this year then swap with Leclerc at the end of 2019.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So are Mercedes and Haas the only teams keeping their current driver lineup?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Fink so. The rest have all changed. Williams should be changing although nothing has been formally announced yet.

I do hope LeClerk will show up Seb and cause a massive fall out at Ferrari though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I have a hunch that Ferrari are fed up with Seb potentially throwing away a second championship and are looking for a new driver to take the number one spot.
Hope LeClerk is as good as they make him out to be.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

And he’s out.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

To Sauber :shock: