Page 1329 of 1329
Re: Your fleet running reports
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:17 pm
by Beany
I've been ill this week, so humping 30kg batteries around wasn't my idea of fun. Have done it now, and now have a lovely 14v steady at idle, and it doesn't go below 13v with lots of extras on (both heated seats on 'ball boiler' setting, headlights, HVAC cracked up, etc) - that previously was dropping it down near 10v
Much happier car. Transport mode cleared, low-voltage/battery swap codes cleared, happy happy.
Was a NAPA AGM battery in there, I think it's about four or five years old, hopefully the Bosch lasts better.
Re: Your fleet running reports
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:58 pm
by Swervin_Mervin
Beany wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:17 pm
I've been ill this week, so humping 30kg batteries around wasn't my idea of fun. Have done it now, and now have a lovely 14v steady at idle, and it doesn't go below 13v with lots of extras on (both heated seats on 'ball boiler' setting, headlights, HVAC cracked up, etc) - that previously was dropping it down near 10v
Much happier car. Transport mode cleared, low-voltage/battery swap codes cleared, happy happy.
Was a NAPA AGM battery in there, I think it's about four or five years old, hopefully the Bosch lasts better.
Is yours AGM? Would be surprised if it is
Re: Your fleet running reports
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:29 pm
by Beany
Not from factory, but the NAPA one that was in it was, and the one I've put in is - they tend to suffer short runs and light use a bit better (less, but not no, sulphate build up) and there's no reason to not use one from a technical perspective, if you can get it at a reasonable price for a decent one.
Well, not that I could find out anyway!