Decent car YouTubes

Beany

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by Beany »

They all look the same anyway.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Beany wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:10 pm They all look the same anyway.
This.

I reckon even McLaren don't know what the difference is between most of them
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

:D
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik

Post by mik »

I guess all the idiots who used to be drawn to Rufford had to go somewhere.....

Textbook stuff from the Toyota pilot at 7min30 - check that bow wave

(Peugeot at 4mins30 does well too, but lost points for cockyness)

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

This is nice

Steve Magnante is a small youtuber who does junkyard walkrounds, he has an incredible knowledge of American motoring history.

He's been unwell recently so Hoovie has taken over to keep the channel ticking over while he's away, which I think is pretty decent of him.
An absolute unit
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Always liked the Xedoses(sp?)

If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Delphi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:21 am Always liked the Xedoses(sp?)

I've just watched that last night myself - can't believe some supposed CGs didn't know what a Xedos is though.

I've been watching a lot of Car Throttle lately, and quite enjoying their vids. They strike a good balance between humour and proper car spannering/driving content. I mean, I've never had any desire for any sort of Range Rover before, but even I was slightly envious of the P38 they found for £400 :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I watched quite a lot of Car Throttle when Alex Kersten was on it. Haven't really watched it since he left, but I also haven't watched his new channel despite being subscribed to it. So I'll give that a go; always liked the Xedos. I'd prefer the Mazda 323F with the same engine though.
Peterlplp

Post by Peterlplp »

oow I have a thing for manufactures having a poor attempt at an 'executive' car. In a similar vein, this Mazda Luce is strangely appealing even thought it would be clearly inferior to the main competitors.

Here is sweaty example of what the little Mazda V6 can sound like when opened up:
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Just to be clear that the Xedos in the Car Throttle vis isn't just the run of the mill Mazda V6, it's the speshul one. 8-)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:32 pm Just to be clear that the Xedos in the Car Throttle vis isn't just the run of the mill Mazda V6, it's the speshul one. 8-)
Special one? The Xedos 9 was offered with a Miller cycle engine but that was a 4-cyl. I don’t remember the Xedos 6 being offered with anything other than the 2.0 V6. Will have to watch it.

Edit: I’m conflating two things. The 6 did get a 4-cyl later but the 9 Miller engine was a 6-cyl but smaller than the standard 2.5 V6.

Further edit. Now I’ve put the Car Throttle thing on, I realise it is a Xedos 9 not a 6 😄
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:44 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:32 pm Just to be clear that the Xedos in the Car Throttle vis isn't just the run of the mill Mazda V6, it's the speshul one. 8-)
Special one? The Xedos 9 was offered with a Miller cycle engine but that was a 4-cyl. I don’t remember the Xedos 6 being offered with anything other than the 2.0 V6. Will have to watch it.

Edit: I’m conflating two things. The 6 did get a 4-cyl later but the 9 Miller engine was a 6-cyl but smaller than the standard 2.5 V6.

Further edit. Now I’ve put the Car Throttle thing on, I realise it is a Xedos 9 not a 6 😄
:lol:
mik

Post by mik »

For Teh FTAO off @Jobbo

Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Yeah but I won’t watch it because I hate him.
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:47 pm Yeah but I won’t watch it because I hate him.
Oh my good gracious, I had no idea. :ugeek:
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Doesn’t everyone? I don’t like his delivery but I started to actively dislike him when he made all that stupid fuss about wanting to buy a Ferrari (IIRC) which wasn’t up to standard. He wasn’t ripped off, he just made a real tit of himself about it.
Last edited by Jobbo on Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:19 pm Doesn’t everyone? I don’t like his delivery but I started to actively dislike him when he made all that stupid fuss about wanting to buy a Ferrari (IIRC) which went up to standard. He wasn’t ripped off, he just made a real tit of himself about it.
I tried watching some of his stuff but he's beyond irritating so I just can't.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

I was subbed to him when he had his Evora, as he was pretty much the only person regularly doing Lotus-specific content. I unsubbed after he shifted to the mainstream and I thought his channel would suffer as a consequence as his presentation style was stilted and the Lotus angle seemed to be his only real draw.

Fair play, he's made it work. But then, there are loads of awful presenters and they're still gaining subs at a decent rate, so it shows that I know fuck all about how it all works. For example, Joe Achillies gives me narcolepsy but he's on 250k subs.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Joe Achilles is someone I am subscribed to but never watch now. Wonder how many extra subs he gained from money shifting his M2?