mik

Re: New Top Gear

Post by mik »

H467BAU
First Registered 31-Dec-91
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Not worth any where near £250k then, only the special ones like the SVs are listed at £250k
Marv

Post by Marv »

Wonky shutline on the Tesla frunk annoys me.
Oui, je suis un motard.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Marv wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:12 pm Wonky shutline on the Tesla frunk annoys me.
Ferrari review couldn't come soon enough...
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I'm only 15 mins in, so boring.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Watching on catch-up.... wtf is this opening segment and more importantly, how long does it last????
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

So they've listened and put the fast lap back on the show.👍🏻

Whoever signed off the SF90 headlights needs firing.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Wait TG is back?!
Did they even advertise it this year?
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Rich B wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:59 pm so boring.
Very much this. It was just awkward.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Barry

Post by Barry »

Wasn't very informative but I enjoyed it for the main, probably cos it was a lot of northern locations. That track (Three Sisters nr Wigan) was where I've won karting days, and Rev and I did some bike training last year. Not the place for big saloons to hoon about, to be fair.
mik

Post by mik »

On the upside - I think the “3 mates having banter” aspect is now working very well.

Couldn’t watch more than a couple of minutes of the company car pish.

SF90 was mightily impressive, and I think the styling is quite nice, but I have zero desire for one. Spikey handling without electronic brain doesn’t impress. Performance numbers do though.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Barry wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:52 pm Wasn't very informative but I enjoyed it for the main, probably cos it was a lot of northern locations. That track (Three Sisters nr Wigan) was where I've won karting days, and Rev and I did some bike training last year. Not the place for big saloons to hoon about, to be fair.
Worst "I won at Karting" post evar.

😉
Oui, je suis un motard.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I saw a two tone SF90 and thought it was a terrible wrap, but looking at the Top Gear lap that’s an official colour scheme. Makes it look like it has a beak 😂
Didn’t sound any better than a Mclaren either which ain’t good.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I really enjoyed that :lol: My god is that Ferrari a dog's breakfast of styling though.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Headlights nicked off a Megane, silly beak ( which actually looked ok on the red one) and a very flat arse.

Won’t ever be remembered as one of their prettiest that’s for sure, however I’m glad they’ve made a move away from the silly gurning grin thing they’ve had going on the the last however many years.
Cheers, Harry
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I really like the look of the SF90 and the performance is obviously phenomenal, but not sure this place we're in with the electronics and batteries is doing much for me which I know sounds a bit strange. Good to see the fast lap back though.

No doubt they've got a great balance with the presenters, but that main segment last night bored me to tears.
Cheers,

Mike.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Totally different car and example but kind of same end result - my dad always moans how the X5 is overly difficult to handle when provoked to slide as he doesn’t know what the xdrive system will do. Generally with the DSC off it will go into a RWD slide, panic, send power to the front wheels, understeer off the roundabout. He always comments how it’s actually dangerous the way it does the transition too.
Other times it will happily allow it and stay in a pretty neutral mainly RWD mode.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I switched off after the first few episodes of the latest line up - I wonder what the viewing figures are currently? From the graphs I've seen it was 8-9 million-ish during the Clarkson era, dropped to 2-3 million with Chris Evans at the helm and up to 4-5 million with Matt, Chris and Rory, though not sure I've seen any data for the current trio.

Ferrari seem to be making each iteration of their cars uglier and have been doing for some time. The three exceptions are that the Portofino is better than the California it replaced, the GTC 4 Lusso is prettier than the FF and the 812 is nicer than the F12. The only car that excites me and I'd consider buying if I had the money is the superfast. GTC4 is cool in a weird kind of way but if I wanted a ballistic four seater with hatchback I'd buy a Panamera Turbo I think.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Anyone know what Model 3's are currently doing on lease figures?
Barry

Post by Barry »

Marv wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:26 pm
Barry wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:52 pm Wasn't very informative but I enjoyed it for the main, probably cos it was a lot of northern locations. That track (Three Sisters nr Wigan) was where I've won karting days, and Rev and I did some bike training last year. Not the place for big saloons to hoon about, to be fair.
Worst "I won at Karting" post evar.

😉
Three times ;)