New car!

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: New car!

Post by JonMad »

Richard wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:09 pm
JonMad wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:41 pm Looks good, and nice weather for it. Does it have an LSD? I see what you mean about the exhausts now - are they all functional?

Is there a Fiat badge on it anywhere at all?

edit: and you can't be far away from me and a few others if that was from Aldershot.
1) Yep, UK models come pretty well spec’d as standard, LSD, silly exhaust sound, silly number of exhausts, brembos etc

1.5) All exhausts are functional

2) GREAT weather for it. This is actually my first convertible, and I’ve learned something that will seem obvious, but I’d never considered. The roof of a car is often doing an excellent job of shielding your eyes from the sun. Even with sunnies on, that damn star is very much shining in ones eyes

3) I’ve not looked, but there will be. Finding Fiat badges will be boring, I’m going looking for Jeep badges

4) Stop stalking me
:D 8-)
Left over crest; tightens.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Smart 8-)
Richard

Post by Richard »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:53 pm Richard, I suspect from your hairy Facebook picture you're not suffering from a bald spot, but that's another thing to beware of. A baseball cap may be unseemly on someone of my advancing years but it's a necessity :D
Balding isn’t (currently) an issue. I guess the eventual sunburn will be an excellent early warning system tho
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Not to be a drama queen - but a very good family friend had an incident through this very thing. Drove his 993 Cab from Calais to Le Mans, roof down, baseball cap on etc. Basically his neck got sunburnt and a few hours after arrival he had a bloody epileptic fit. I know it's a one off but had to say. I recommend a Buff.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

Too many main colours, three's a crowd, keep it down to two and it'd be better (IMO).

(I'm Sandhurst, FWIW)
Marv

Post by Marv »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:18 pm Not to be a drama queen - but a very good family friend had an incident through this very thing. Drove his 993 Cab from Calais to Le Mans, roof down, baseball cap on etc. Basically his neck got sunburnt and a few hours after arrival he had a bloody epileptic fit. I know it's a one off but had to say. I recommend a Buff.
So basically convertibles give you epilepsy? Why have the daily mail not picked up on this? I'm furious.

(On a serious note, hope your friend is okay these days JL)
Oui, je suis un motard.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Marv wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:26 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 6:18 pm Not to be a drama queen - but a very good family friend had an incident through this very thing. Drove his 993 Cab from Calais to Le Mans, roof down, baseball cap on etc. Basically his neck got sunburnt and a few hours after arrival he had a bloody epileptic fit. I know it's a one off but had to say. I recommend a Buff.
So basically convertibles give you epilepsy? Why have the daily mail not picked up on this? I'm furious.

(On a serious note, hope your friend is okay these days JL)
And diesel convertibles give you epilepsy, skin cancer and emphysema! :shock: