“We’re not doing presents for Valentines”

dinny_g

Re: “We’re not doing presents for Valentines”

Post by dinny_g »

"We're not buying presents, OK"...

Man Buys Present - "the only reason you bought that is because you want sex tonight... forget it, I can't be bought"

Man Doesn't buy Present - "You don't love me anymore. The Romance is gone - you just don't try any more"

TLDR - Women be crazy...(*)

(*) and to everyone saying "Mine isn't", let me correct that for you... "Mine isn't... YET"
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Lol.. one benefit of married life, I suppose. Dating is a completely different thing: bottle of maison francis kurkdjian baccarat rouge 540 (wtf were they thinking when they named it that!), spa day at the Fairmont for two and dinner at her favourite restaurant in Harrods this evening.. plus a car to drive us there and back….. all a week after her birthday 🙈
Cheers,

Ian
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

IanF wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:23 am Lol.. one benefit of married life, I suppose. Dating is a completely different thing: bottle of maison francis kurkdjian baccarat rouge 540 (wtf were they thinking when they named it that!), spa day at the Fairmont for two and dinner at her favourite restaurant in Harrods this evening.. plus a car to drive us there and back….. all a week after her birthday 🙈
you're just creating monster mate...
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:16 am "We're not buying presents, OK"...

Man Buys Present - "the only reason you bought that is because you want sex tonight... forget it, I can't be bought"

Man Doesn't buy Present - "You don't love me anymore. The Romance is gone - you just don't try any more"

(*) and to everyone saying "Mine isn't", let me correct that for you... "Mine isn't... YET"
Yes, problem is that I like the crazy ones.. who wants a quiet, serene life with loads of man-toys anyway! 🤣
Cheers,

Ian
IanF
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Rich B wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:24 am
IanF wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:23 am Lol.. one benefit of married life, I suppose. Dating is a completely different thing: bottle of maison francis kurkdjian baccarat rouge 540 (wtf were they thinking when they named it that!), spa day at the Fairmont for two and dinner at her favourite restaurant in Harrods this evening.. plus a car to drive us there and back….. all a week after her birthday 🙈
you're just creating monster mate...
Please see my last post! 😅😂
Cheers,

Ian
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:16 am "We're not buying presents, OK"...

Luckily I'm able to start from the position that my partner is completely on another planet, due to the belief that she is an alien. When she acts in a 'normal' way it's quite a surprise tbh.

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

IanF wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:23 am ...bottle of maison francis kurkdjian baccarat rouge 540 (...🙈
I had to google that... Wasn't sure if it was a wine or a perfume.
Baccarat Rouge 540, an eau de parfum born from the encounter between Maison Francis Kurkdjian and Baccarat, as a celebration of the 250th anniversary of the iconic crystal house.

Luminous and sophisticated, Baccarat Rouge 540 lays on the skin like an amber floral and woody breeze. A poetic alchemy composed by Francis Kurkdjian, where the aerial notes of jasmine and the radiance of saffron carry mineral facets of ambergris and woody tones of a freshly cut cedar wood.

A graphic and highly condensed signature.

A fragrance for men and women.
Cheers,

Mike.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Beany wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:44 am Yeah, see that sort of - and no offence to your respective other halves - fucking idiocy has caused me to end relationships. More broadly than that, the whole 'hint hint' or 'reverse psychology' way of talking that people have, who aren't on the spectrum. "What do you want to do this weekend" "Oh nothing" Cool thinks I, a quiet weekend of chilling and chatting bollocks in front of the telly.

Then gurning that we aren't doing 'something'.

I'm fairly good at reading people, but I'm not psychic.

I have no time for it at all these days.

Go out with someone aspergery, and "I don't want anything for valentines day" and "I'm fine doing nothing, it's been a long week" actually means it.
We did this thing called talking and now it's all fine.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Explosive Newt wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:54 am
Beany wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:44 am Yeah, see that sort of - and no offence to your respective other halves - fucking idiocy has caused me to end relationships. More broadly than that, the whole 'hint hint' or 'reverse psychology' way of talking that people have, who aren't on the spectrum. "What do you want to do this weekend" "Oh nothing" Cool thinks I, a quiet weekend of chilling and chatting bollocks in front of the telly.

Go out with someone aspergery, and "I don't want anything for valentines day" and "I'm fine doing nothing, it's been a long week" actually means it.
except you've already told us that you rushed out to get an emergency gift...! 😂
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Rich B wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:55 am
Explosive Newt wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:54 am

except you've already told us that you rushed out to get an emergency gift...! 😂
:lol: It did come after that.

6 and a half years...
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

My mate has got some expensive aftershave that smells of ambergris, it's fucking rank and you can't escape the smell in your nostrils when you're around him. Let's hope that perfume is different. :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Gavster wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:25 am Image
Looking a bit Jaundicey there Gav - I'd get her liver checked out... ;)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Simon

Post by Simon »

Christ, is everyone new here?

"Let's not do presents this year" is just code for 'get me a present but me saying this should mean it goes even more against the grain of expectation.'

Always get a present. Always.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I remember being caught by this trap many years ago... never again!

Still pales in comparison to two other gift-related incidents that are still mentioned to this day.

1. Bought her something very small that she'd wanted for ages. She assumed it was an engagement ring. It was in fact a Gameboy.
2. Bought her something she'd said she really liked the look-of when we'd been out. It was a hoover. For Christmas.
Cheers,

Mike.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Ascender wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:17 pm I remember being caught by this trap many years ago... never again!

Still pales in comparison to two other gift-related incidents that are still mentioned to this day.

1. Bought her something very small that she'd wanted for ages. She assumed it was an engagement ring. It was in fact a Gameboy.
2. Bought her something she'd said she really liked the look-of when we'd been out. It was a hoover. For Christmas.
I bought Mrs Newt a bread maker when we first started dating in about 2018. She always used to say how much she loved fresh bread and it seemed like a world-beating idea.

She hated it. Not only did she not use it, but it sat in the corner of the kitchen taking up masses of space and accusingly not being used.

Fast forward to lockdown and she finally started using it. In fact, she used it pretty much every day.

So I won in the end.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:44 pm
Gavster wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:25 am Image
Looking a bit Jaundicey there Gav - I'd get her liver checked out... ;)
I thought he might be dating Big Bird for a minute...
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

"Valentine's day mascara".

240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Simon wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:12 pm Christ, is everyone new here?

"Let's not do presents this year" is just code for 'get me a present but me saying this should mean it goes even more against the grain of expectation.'

In my defence, it’s our 4th Valentines Day and all previous ones were ‘just a card’. The rules appear to have changed on me without acceptable notice!

To avoid any agg I’ve walked into town to get her something from Hotel Chocolat and booked afternoon tea at Malmaison. The whole occasion seems like a shakedown 😂
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

240PP wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:13 pm
Simon wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:12 pm Christ, is everyone new here?

In my defence, it’s our 4th Valentines Day and all previous ones were ‘just a card’. The rules appear to have changed on me without acceptable notice!

To avoid any agg I’ve walked into town to get her something from Hotel Chocolat and booked afternoon tea at Malmaison. The whole occasion seems like a shakedown 😂
Oh, it's 100% a total racket. I think we can all agree on that.
Cheers,

Mike.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

We tend to do more for anniversaries, seems like a bigger deal and thankfully also doesn't have the mark up.