Post Covid Plans??

ZedLeg

Re: Post Covid Plans??

Post by ZedLeg »

GG. wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:54 am
duncs500 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 am See my mum. The lockdown has been hard for her I reckon, this week her first grandson was born and she can't see him (or her other granddaughters) or help out my sister with the baby.
Yes, less frivolously, visiting older relatives when we can be sure we aren't going to infect them.

My grandparents are still around and in declining health - particularly over the last year. We managed to videocall them at the weekend and my grandad was having trouble holding it together - mumbling about being proud and tearing up. Clearly he's thinking he may not get the chance to see us again in person if something happens to them during the lockdown period. Not unexpectedly it is taking a big toll on their mental wellbeing :(
I just found out that I’ll be allowed to go to my last grandparent’s funeral in a few weeks.

Not Covid related but it’s dragged the whole process out as he was in the US visiting family when he had a stroke.

First time I’ll have seen anyone from my family for a few months as I didn’t make the effort to travel through as much as I should’ve.

Probably try and improve on that when we can travel again.
An absolute unit
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:53 am
ZedLeg wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:48 am I must have missed your Jimny purchase, a new one?
No, it's a 2007 - only got it a couple of days ago. I am going to try to get on the list for a new one in a year though.

Ah cool, they’re pretty fun little things off road
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

Need one with XX BAJ on it :D

GG.

Post by GG. »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:00 am Probably try and improve on that when we can travel again.
Yep - very easy to get wrapped up in everyday life and neglect to keep up with that. Particularly if they don't live local to you.

Glad you get to go to the funeral though. Would have been shit if you'd have had to stay away.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye initially there was some confusion about what immediate family meant and we thought is was just going to be my aunties that were allowed to go but the grandkids are included as well.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

GG. wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:54 am
duncs500 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:38 am See my mum. The lockdown has been hard for her I reckon, this week her first grandson was born and she can't see him (or her other granddaughters) or help out my sister with the baby.
Yes, less frivolously, visiting older relatives when we can be sure we aren't going to infect them.

My grandparents are still around and in declining health - particularly over the last year. We managed to videocall them at the weekend and my grandad was having trouble holding it together - mumbling about being proud and tearing up. Clearly he's thinking he may not get the chance to see us again in person if something happens to them during the lockdown period. Not unexpectedly it is taking a big toll on their mental wellbeing :(
:( My mum seems to be in relatively good spirits and I have been calling her regularly, but you never know if it's just a front.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Walk up Snowdon with my eldest.

Take my youngest to London for the day.

Dinner out with the wife. I’ve only seen her for 12 days since the 1st of Feb.

Dave!
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:44 am
ZedLeg wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:14 am Go and pick up the Land Cruiser I bought just before lockdown started
Ooh, 70 or 80 series?

My plans:
Haircut
Get out and see clients
Take the Jimny green laning
I read that bit wrong but you really must take the Jimmy green laning in the Jimny.

What happened to the other suzuki?
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I have a date lined up for post lockdown, which should be fun.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:13 am I read that bit wrong but you really must take the Jimmy green laning in the Jimny.

What happened to the other suzuki?
Well, I will take you green laning in the Jimny so your misreading was still correct! The Vitara died, suspected cracked engine block. Not helped by it overheating and my wife driving it the couple of miles back home in clouds of steam :lol: I already had some concerns that the rad fan coming on a lot might mean it wasn't long for this world so I'm glad it died before I spent anything modifying it. Oh, does anyone want a set of 4 16" steel wheels in yellow for a 2005-14 Grand Vitara?
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

I shall be clearing out my garage, buying a shed to contain the stuff I want to keep that's currently in the garage, then getting the train down to Essex and picking up the 928.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I'm looking forward to taking the little'un to the beach. He'll be 7 months old on Sunday and starting to get to the age where I want to take him places to enjoy.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Foz

Post by Foz »

Racing
A Euro Road trip
A relaxing holiday
:cry:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Pick up the Camaro from near Brighton.
Take the bike and the Porsche into Wales (not at the same time, that would be tricky)
Go and visit the mother-in-law in Rhodes
Go and visit my mother in Tenerife
Carry on WFH for the most part as there’s no need to visit the office, it turns out.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Even with a lift of the lockdown it's likely that my mrs will still need to live under some degree of lockdown for the foreseeable anyway. If we can we plan to visit the in-laws, and then after that load the car up and head for my parents in Cornwall.

Beyond that - get the feckin' building work sorted asap.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Long dog walk at the beach with the family...

Pub
Gigs
Runs in the hills
Our day to day life hasn’t been as massively impacted as other people as we both work from home a lot, we have a garden and countryside on the doorstep. But Mrs Mike would get to the beach with the dogs nearly every day so they’re all missing that. She’s also not able to ride her horse outside of the schools.

I miss getting in to an actual office and interacting with people face to face a couple of times a week.
Cheers,

Mike.
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:52 am Carry on WFH for the most part as there’s no need to visit the office, it turns out.
Abso-fucking-lutely this :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Delphi wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:38 am I shall be clearing out my garage, buying a shed to contain the stuff I want to keep that's currently in the garage, then getting the train down to Essex and picking up the 928.
8-)
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

GG. wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:07 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:52 am Carry on WFH for the most part as there’s no need to visit the office, it turns out.
I'm looking forward to going back to the office - mainly the social aspect - we all like each other!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

GG. wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:07 pm
I wonder how many companies have realised this and will be looking to downsize their physical operations significantly?
Cheers,

Mike.