Decent Recent TV

McSwede

Re: Decent Recent TV

Post by McSwede »

Three Men and Four Wheels - Just started this on Discovery+. Hopefully it'll be some decent car content 🤞
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Scream for Me Sarajevo was on BBC4 the other night. Doc about Bruce Dickinson playing in Sarajevo in 1994. It's 4 or 5 years old but I've not seen it before. Utterly incredible and the guy clearly has both massive balls and a massive heart.

Some really difficult moments of viewing - amd I mean really difficult. Phenomenally heartwarming though whilst also a stark reminder of just how little the world seemed to give a shit about what was happening at that time
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Just watched it Mervin.

Christ parts were truly harrowing and I was NOT ready for some of the scenes - genuinely took my breath away.

But it’s a brilliantly made documentary proving a snapshot of the war at its worst time. It’s told through the eyes of the Metal community but that doesn’t really matter. It’s well worth a watch, even if you don’t like that music.

They were bonkers to try and even more so to actually pull it all off
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:35 pm Just watched it Mervin.

Christ parts were truly harrowing and I was NOT ready for some of the scenes - genuinely took my breath away.

But it’s a brilliantly made documentary proving a snapshot of the war at its worst time. It’s told through the eyes of the Metal community but that doesn’t really matter. It’s well worth a watch, even if you don’t like that music.

They were bonkers to try and even more so to actually pull it all off
I saw the New Year in watching it. Nuts! And some harrowing stuff in there. A very good watch.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

McSwede wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:48 pm Three Men and Four Wheels - Just started this on Discovery+. Hopefully it'll be some decent car content 🤞
Nope. Very sadly it's bloody boring. I like Marino but the other two can trott on. Rather disappointing ☹️
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Tom Clancy's - Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.

Watched first two episodes of season 1 last night. It was enjoyed very much. I look forward to the rest.
tim

Post by tim »

S2 was a bit of a let-down, sadly.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

I know I'm incredibly late to the party but started watching Parks & Rec a couple of weeks ago and I'm enjoying it immensely.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Delphi wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:03 pm I know I'm incredibly late to the party but started watching Parks & Rec a couple of weeks ago and I'm enjoying it immensely.
We watched all of that on Netflix not long back - excellent stuff.

We're stuck into Big Bang Theory at the moment.

And another "late to the party" - I got the Game of Thrones box set blu-rays for Xmas - I've never seen any of them. Just started season 3 and really enjoying it.

I fancy getting The Sopranos box set next, as I've never seen any of that either...
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Staged on iPlayer. It is bloody hilarious. If someone has already said so apologies but not reading page upon page to check.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

DaveE wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:56 pm And another "late to the party" - I got the Game of Thrones box set blu-rays for Xmas - I've never seen any of them. Just started season 3 and really enjoying it.
On reflection I think the box-sets are probably a better way of consuming GoT than the original broadcast. Fan-theories and hype went absolutely mental prior to the final series so avoid all that and you'll probably enjoy it more.

A perfect planet another astounding wildlife series and as per those of recent years the final 10min is behind the scenes with some incredible people and adventures.

And a REALLY late to the party one the yoblettes and I are enjoying Avatar The last air bender on Amazon prime.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

RobYob wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:35 pm
DaveE wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:56 pm And another "late to the party" - I got the Game of Thrones box set blu-rays for Xmas - I've never seen any of them. Just started season 3 and really enjoying it.
On reflection I think the box-sets are probably a better way of consuming GoT than the original broadcast. Fan-theories and hype went absolutely mental prior to the final series so avoid all that and you'll probably enjoy it more.
Better still, just avoid the final series.
tim

Post by tim »

Delphi wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:03 pm I know I'm incredibly late to the party but started watching Parks & Rec a couple of weeks ago and I'm enjoying it immensely.
That is brilliant. Actually I might watch it all again since it's been 3/4 years since I last did.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

tim wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 am
That is brilliant. Actually I might watch it all again since it's been 3/4 years since I last did.
Re- watched a couple of series over the Christmas break. Perfect feel good TV. I maintain Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa are two of the greatest characters ever created.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Maurice wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:50 am
tim wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 am
Re- watched a couple of series over the Christmas break. Perfect feel good TV. I maintain Jean Ralphio and Mona Lisa are two of the greatest characters ever created.
I'm watching it too. It is just grand.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I watched it when it first went in sky comedy, loved it. Launched the career of Chris Pratt and a thousand memes
Barry

Post by Barry »

Parks n Rec is one of those shows that you can watch any episode and its entertaining. I've been rewatching US Office and Brooklyn Nine Nine for similar reasons. Nice escapism from the outside world.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Did the zoom based reunion episode ever show over here?
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Is Traces any good?

Not watched any new UK drama for a while.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Barry wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:55 pm Parks n Rec is one of those shows that you can watch any episode and its entertaining. I've been rewatching US Office and Brooklyn Nine Nine for similar reasons. Nice escapism from the outside world.
Just got to the Halloween episode (in S5) and being the mature adult that I am, I was laughing so hard I was crying.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away