Your fleet running reports

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:37 pm Actually ran ok on 7 tbh.
It's good redundancy having 8 to begin with 8-)

Are they all the same make / age, have some been replaced already ? If they're all ancient I'd be inclined to do the whole lot for peace of mind. Unless they're £daft of course.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The three I removed were all Bremi which have been oem for bmw so probably the originals.

They’re the same as r56 mini ones, from about £16 each for cheap ones and £25 will get a decent brand with 2+ year warranty.

Tempted to just keep an eye out for a decent deal on a set.
Cheers, Harry
Alex88

Post by Alex88 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:29 pm MINI fwiend 8-)
8-) I just hope it's a little better for reliability than your typical BMW :shock:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:36 pm They’re the same as r56 mini ones...
I did not expect that ! It sounds like a a super geeky trivia question - what component do the 4.8 litre X5 engine and the 1.6 MINI engine have in common ?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Alex88 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:45 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:29 pm MINI fwiend 8-)
8-) I just hope it's a little better for reliability than your typical BMW :shock:
Jimmy will provide an update in about a week's time ;)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:39 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:36 pm They’re the same as r56 mini ones...
I did not expect that ! It sounds like a a super geeky trivia question - what component do the 4.8 litre X5 engine and the 1.6 MINI engine have in common ?
And the RR Phantom apparently 🤣
Cheers, Harry
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Probably valve stem seals too.
mik

Post by mik »

It's the alternator clamp bolt isn't it? Or is it the heater matrix input pipe? Same flywheel bolts?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:53 pm
And the RR Phantom apparently 🤣
And a bazillion other BMW group models (including all the RRs) from what I can see, including mine. After sorting a faulty coil on mine a few years ago I just opted to swap the lot. They were so cheap for Bosch ones from Carparts4less it was a no brainer.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Yeti MOT, flying colours etc. Not surprising as they just serviced it and did a load of work on the brakes a few weeks ago.
Collected by my local garage, MOT'd and back with me by 10:30am. Efficient.
Left over crest; tightens.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Had to top up the PAS fluid again last night, as it was making some fairly audible compaints on the commute.

I really ought to get it booked in, in the New Year, for a replacement rack tbh.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Transfer box has arrived. Using my knowledge of car parts, it weighs less than a gearbox, but more than an x5 front diff.

Deciding whether I can be bothered to start removing / fitting tomorrow afternoon or leave it u til Sunday when it’s supposed to be a bit warmer, but also possibly raining. What a choice.

I’ll probably wait a few days tbh, it drives ok as it is, I rushed the diff last weekend because I knew snow was forecast, was hoping it would fix the issues and be able to use it if we did get a decent amount.
Cheers, Harry
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

A5 serviced today. The first time it’s not been to a main dealer, but at 10 years old and 120k it doesn’t seem worth it now the Audi deals aren’t as competitive as they were.
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Considering a set of winters for the Swift. I don't *need* them as both the Yeti and Fabia have CrossClimates, which I've found fine in any UK snow.
But I want them. Low use WinterContact TS860s on a set of unmarked std alloys for £400 plus time and cost for a four hour round trip to get them.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’ve had winters on the mito all year and they’ve been fine even in hot weather. I’m sure if you were doing lots of miles or thrashing it about everywhere they’d wear pretty quickly, but for normal day to day stuff they’re fine, and of course excellent in this weather.
Cheers, Harry
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

I only do about 2000 miles in it in a full year so it does feel a bit extravagant :lol:
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I think Harry means you should run winters all year and sell the current set ;)

Four hours return - which direction ? Just in case I need to accidentally buy something too.....
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Jon, if it’s W or NW from you it may be somewhere I’m passing. Though waiting until Kemble to collect them may defeat the point…

Yeti had a set of Goodyear Vector 3s fitted yesterday. Was necessary so my wife could get off the drive which is still like a skating rink. Got a good deal and next day fitting from Asda Tyres, surprisingly considering the weather.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I ran full winters on the Puma for a couple of years, and other than lacking grip at the ragged edges when they were hot and pushing fairly hard, they were fine for 95% of summer driving. They rode better too :lol:

If it's not doing many miles but is relied upon in winter, TBH winters aren't a bad option.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Likewise, in 80,000 miles of driving the 330i it has never worn anything other than summer tyres and has never got stuck in snow or on ice. Even got up the hill to my parents' old place on the edge of the Saddleworth Moors when there was several inches of snow on the ground.

Ran winters on the 120d and I was hugely underwhelmed to be honest.