Bye Bye Boris!

McSwede

Re: Bye Bye Boris!

Post by McSwede »

JLv3.0 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:04 pm Nah I think we're happy enough with the status quo :lol:
Methinks you doth protest too much 😜#bromance 😂
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Simon wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:14 am
Spot on and hilarious, and a bit disturbing...
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

🤦‍♀️
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Another couple of billion set aside for brexit, including publicity to assure people that the shitty situation they voted themselves into isn't actually that shitty :lol:.

I wonder how much has been spent doing fuck all up to this point.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Where’s all the money coming from :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:34 pm Where’s all the money coming from :lol:
320 million a week saved you daft sod :lol: :lol:

I think he's doing a great job so far.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I've just had an argument on Reddit with someone who wouldn't accept figures from the CBI because they were EU funded, but tried to argue his point with links from Breitbart. He eventually accepted that he really didn't understand the figures, that there would be negative economic impact but that "it's what you make of it" and people should stop spouting "doom and gloom". Or, y'know, we could just not shoot ourselves in the face?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Broccers wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:37 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:34 pm Where’s all the money coming from :lol:
320 million a week saved you daft sod :lol: :lol:

I think he's doing a great job so far.
You would. What are your thoughts on Adam Sandler?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Cant stand him
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Interesting...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I actually like the fact we’re making some effort to plan for a no deal. Our poker face for negotiating any sort of deal was pretty fucking weak when we were basically sitting here saying we’ll only take a deal or a delay it another x months, and then still get the same deal.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Our position is still weak, the EU don't care if we go out without a deal. We'd only be hurting ourselves.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:44 pm Our position is still weak, the EU don't care if we go out without a deal. We'd only be hurting ourselves.
Err, what?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:44 pm Our position is still weak, the EU don't care if we go out without a deal. We'd only be hurting ourselves.
i struggle to believe that the trade we do with the rest of the EU is all in one direction. All parties involved will lose out if it’s not sorted quickly.

My position on leave/remain hasn’t changed, but it’s going to happen, so I just want it to happen soon so we can recover - delaying it further won’t achieve anything.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:48 pm
i struggle to believe that the trade we do with the rest of the EU is all in one direction. All parties involved will lose out if it’s not sorted quickly.

My position on leave/remain hasn’t changed, but it’s going to happen, so I just want it to happen soon so we can recover - delaying it further won’t achieve anything.
Let's use the "German car makers won't allow it" example.

- Post No Deal Brexit, cars coming in from Europe will attract a 10% (IIRC?) tariff so the price of a BMW will presumably go up by 10% (unless the importer or manufacturer decide to absorb some or all of that cost).

- As a consequence, this will slow sales of BMW. The question is "by how much?" Well, it's hard to predict, but let's say a 10% rise in prices will reduce sales by 10%

- The UK accounts for about 10% of BMW global sales. So 10% of 10%, which is a 1% drop in revenue.

- Net result: It's not a disaster for BMW by any means.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Ok, I was being a bit glib. Obviously it's better for everyone if there's a deal in place but ultimately who's going to come off worse if we leave without one?

It'll affect the European economies, but we'll not just be affected by losing access to the EU single market but by all the other trade deals we'll have to negotiate. The Americans can't wait to get their claws in.

I can't see how threatening to leave like that does us any favours.
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Exactly, we can all make up figures to prove anything!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:01 pm Exactly, we can all make up figures to prove anything!
Which figures are made up, Rich?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:07 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:01 pm Exactly, we can all make up figures to prove anything!
Which figures are made up, Rich?
the ones in your post - you even say they’re hard to predict and so you’ve made them up.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Also, I don’t think it’ll be too long before a deal is struck if we leave without one.