Your fleet running reports

Gwaredd

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Gwaredd »

Carlos wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:16 pm Looks great fun for a first car. I'd drive that now :D

Is it cheap to insure ?
I know right! Seriously though, the amount of shit that's for sale at the £1500/£2000 price point now is unreal. We lucked out on this one tbh. It was the first clean car we sat in, and the only one we test drove out of 5 that day. The rest I didn't even want to get into! I guess that's private sellers vs dodgy dealers for you.

Nothing is cheap to insure at the moment, but we got this down to £1060 using admiral black box. That's her own policy with the car in her name, but adding me and the wife brought it down by £700.00 :shock: It's about £150.00 a year more to insure than a 1.0 Yaris, so she was happy to pay the premium. It still feels really tight, and is quite nippy (100bhp; 980kg), so she needs to be careful in it.

I'm just glad the better weather's coming so she doesn't have to drive in this shitty weather for much longer. I get a knot in my stomach every time she goes out in it :lol:
Cheers.

Gwaredd
mik

Post by mik »

We managed to avoid black box bullshit with eldest miklet.

His mate had one which mandated the car had to be parked up by 11pm - cue rushing home whilst not exceeding the speed limit, but driving through several red lights in order to get there on time :roll:

This happened more than once when my boy was with him, so fook knows how many times it happened in total. Safety progress :roll:
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:01 pm We managed to avoid black box bullshit with eldest miklet.

His mate had one which mandated the car had to be parked up by 11pm - cue rushing home whilst not exceeding the speed limit, but driving through several red lights in order to get there on time :roll:

This happened more than once when my boy was with him, so fook knows how many times it happened in total. Safety progress :roll:
I've heard of those. This one doesn't have a curfew as such, but it does say avoid driving after midnight. Not something she'll be doing regularly, so no great shakes here. I'm a big fan of them, as it cuts down on drving like a nobber. I remember how me and my mates drove back along and I consider myself very, very lucky to be here. It also gives you plenty of warning if you are driving like a dick, and gives you 30 days to wind your neck in.

Completely selfish I know, but it feels like I'm still looking out for her, even though I'm not sat beside her anymore.

I actually nearly followed her on her 1st drive on Saturday :lol: Had to give myself a reality check.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I had an email from one of my insurers that if I downloaded a particular driving tracker app on my phone and got above a certain score I’d get £40 cashback. I thought easy enough as it was only for 200 miles and I was towing a lot with the Defender then. Not like I’m going to be accelerating/braking/cornering harshly or speeding whilst towing. Anyway I still failed as I only scored 15,000 out of 20,000 :roll:
How about not having a sig at all?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Thats not bad for something a little sporty. My daughters MiTo Junior Twinair will be £1200 when she's passed her test.

My son likes the Twingo and he's 17 next year so be great to see how you get on with it.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Top stripes.

New hinges look promising. Here’s one of them compared to a bent one. Being able to sit flush again is a win! Edit: and fitted. Once it’s a bit drier and I can borrow a neighbour I’ll see if the bonnet fits.
Attachments
081D2DBB-C4D8-4990-935F-FB53C7ADC46C.jpeg
081D2DBB-C4D8-4990-935F-FB53C7ADC46C.jpeg (36.81 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
D857F291-B9CE-4BA2-9AD6-447FAC954DEA.jpeg
D857F291-B9CE-4BA2-9AD6-447FAC954DEA.jpeg (30.84 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
F905915D-E137-4789-9B5A-40D6D3CF39DD.jpeg
F905915D-E137-4789-9B5A-40D6D3CF39DD.jpeg (30.15 KiB) Viewed 1124 times
Left over crest; tightens.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:54 pm
Carlos wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:16 pm Looks great fun for a first car. I'd drive that now :D

Is it cheap to insure ?
I know right! Seriously though, the amount of shit that's for sale at the £1500/£2000 price point now is unreal. We lucked out on this one tbh. It was the first clean car we sat in, and the only one we test drove out of 5 that day. The rest I didn't even want to get into! I guess that's private sellers vs dodgy dealers for you.

Nothing is cheap to insure at the moment, but we got this down to £1060 using admiral black box. That's her own policy with the car in her name, but adding me and the wife brought it down by £700.00 :shock: It's about £150.00 a year more to insure than a 1.0 Yaris, so she was happy to pay the premium. It still feels really tight, and is quite nippy (100bhp; 980kg), so she needs to be careful in it.

I'm just glad the better weather's coming so she doesn't have to drive in this shitty weather for much longer. I get a knot in my stomach every time she goes out in it :lol:
We're about to start looking at this for the boy, but it does seem to be a nightmare at that end of the market, so not sure where to start tbh. I think budget will be £1500 - £3000.

We got some quotes based on 1l cars and yes seem to be about £1200 a year to insure with a black box, but as others have said, they seem like a good idea given how I drove just after passing my test.
Cheers,

Mike.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Autoglass successfully fixed the dodgy interface between the high level brakelight and the rear window. The original fitter hadn't clipped it in, so it left a 5mm gap between the light housing and the window - enough space to illuminate the entire boot when braking.

My local friendly garage also popped my driveshaft back in and refilled the diff with oil. They also found the exhaust was hanging off at the same time so fixed that up too. MOT was successfully acquired. Then someone rented the car for 18 hours last weekend at full weekend rate :)

Hopefully there'll be a run of good behaviour and solid income from the car now and through Easter 🤞
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Fixed the Jag tonight, i really need to clear the garage out, its no fun working outside when its dark and cold.

OSF ABS sensor replaced, only took 15 mins, once i'd managed to find a ramp so i could get a jack under it as its so low, then found my nuts are swollen, which is something no man ever really wants to find, so i had to hammer the fucking socket on, and then bar it back off.

I wish i hadn't bothered taking the wheel off, at least i know its an issue now, I'll order 20 new nuts tommorow.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Small plug....or massive hands?
Gwaredd wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:46 pm
Cute plugs, but £16.00 each!
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Matty wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:33 pm Small plug....or massive hands?
That’s what I said to brocco when he meatloafed me :lol: :lol:
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I fitted the "ashtray delete" kit to the car yesterday - basically replaces the ashtray with a small tray which is a perfect size for AirPods. So marginally more useful than an actual ashtray.

Started to fit the PCCM Plus unit which looks lovely and retro, but the Porsche "instructions" you don't get with it leave a lot to be desired once you've finally found them online. You get the head unit and a lot of cables. Some of which you won't need depending on the model of your car and what Porsche unit you currently have.

I also pretty quickly realised the German dealer had forgotten to include the media box needed to actually connect a phone to the head unit rendering it utterly useless.

Cue lots of messages back and forth where they denied any knowledge of the box and that "all their other customers have fitted theirs fine" before sending me a picture of them holding up said box saying "oh, you mean this box"....

Have ordered one from Porsche along with some centre caps and the nav maps so I can get old school navigation without having my phone plugged in or any signal.

And of course the new number plates are lost in the RM network somewhere. I've gone for a sticker-type one for the front as I think they look much better on 911s.

Got the car cleaned yesterday - the paintwork has come up a treat which is no surprise given its had a full respray in the last few years. Bit too shiny to get decent pics up close though so will take it somewhere today.

Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Looks great Mike 8-)
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

mik wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:08 am Looks great Mike 8-)
Agreed. It's made me want to clean my car and it isn't even dirty!
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

I really should do a bit of research as to how to keep it looking like this all the time... how difficult can it be? Apart from the actual motivation to get out and clean it obviously....
Cheers,

Mike.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Regular scheduled maintenance message has come up on the display for the XC-40. Will get that booked in this week.

The 928 has been languishing at my in-laws' place while my garage is full of kitchen stuff. I went round there at the weekend to rip out the dodgy fan controller and put it back to stock. I've taken out the DeRale unit and put the original back and made a start wiring the connector back into the loom. Should hopefully get that done this weekend (weather permitting) and then I can charge the battery (it's currently totally flat - not even enough to power the clock), bang some V-Power in it and take it for a blat.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ascender wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:59 pm I really should do a bit of research as to how to keep it looking like this all the time... how difficult can it be?
Get the valeter to do it monthly?
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Ascender wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:59 pm I really should do a bit of research as to how to keep it looking like this all the time... how difficult can it be?
It's black so, I'm gonna go with "impossibru"
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Yeah black cars are the worst, I'll need to do mine again thia summer, will need a couple of passes and then ceramic coating.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

What's the spray on, wash off hydrophobic stuff a few people mentioned over the years ?