Coronavirus

ZedLeg

Re: Coronavirus

Post by ZedLeg »

Ah that sucks, we’re still pretty busy on the website and we’ve furloughed most of our hourly paid staff so hopefully we won’t need to go down that route for the salaried people.

I was due a pay review at the start of April, probably be a bit cheeky to bring it up just now though.
An absolute unit
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

In reality you can't go anywhere to spend even if you were on full pay 😂
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Our place are furloughing the production staff and topping up the missing 20%, I reckon that move has cut the total salary bill going out each month by a third which is a pretty impressive saving.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's ok, America is healed.

The artist formerly known as _Who_
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:04 pm I smell a pay cut coming, executives have just been given a 30% cut, which is no doubt a preamble to giving everyone else 20%. :(
Yikes :shock: it's not much comfort, but the not-going-out business I reckon is saving me £300-400 a month, I should hope its the same for most.

I accepted a new job offer in January. I was desperate to get out of my current post, so took a big pay cut and moved from a civil servant job with solid job security, 35 days holiday and endless sick pay to a private sector job with none of those :lol: Seventeen years I've been there, and I pick probably the worst time possible to ditch a secure job. Doh.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks like some police forces have gone power crazy, fining people going to the shops because there’s more than one member of the household in the car. Feck all in the legislation covering that. They really don’t help their public image do they.
Then the force who were arguing about Easter eggs not being essential, food is food and you can’t decide what is essential - besides chocolate is a staple in military rations for its calorific value and morale boost :roll:
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I was promoted to commercial director of my company last month, well, the commercials aren’t going so great now...!

We’ve won loads of decent projects recently (Literally our best few weeks ever), but if we can’t build them, then we can’t invoice anything and the cash flow is fucked...

Same story for loads of companies I imagine - we can do the front end work from home at least, so we can try to be in a position to hit it hard when we can..
John

Post by John »

My BIL was stopped by the police last week to check on the purpose of his journey, he was on his way home from his work as a police inspector :)
Simon

Post by Simon »

I hope he said 'don't you know who I am?' in a loud voice.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Simon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:36 pm I hope he said 'don't you know who I am?' in a loud voice.
“GETINTHEBACKOFTHEVAN!”

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

One of my mates has just been blue lighted to hospital with CV. He’s been ill for about a week where he’s been up and down. They came close to calling an ambulance for him a few days ago but he perked up but has deteriorated badly over the last 48 hours and has spent the last 12 hours vomiting, bad fever and breathing difficulties. No underlying health conditions and only 42.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Due to hire car issues I had to pop home and swap cars today.

It was incredibly strange not being able to give the boys a kiss, only a good hug once I’d washed and especially just giving the wife an elbow bump.

What a weird old world at the minute.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 pm One of my mates has just been blue lighted to hospital with CV. He’s been ill for about a week where he’s been up and down. They came close to calling an ambulance for him a few days ago but he perked up but has deteriorated badly over the last 48 hours and has spent the last 12 hours vomiting, bad fever and breathing difficulties. No underlying health conditions and only 42.
Good luck RevsMate :|
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

mik wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:13 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 pm One of my mates has just been blue lighted to hospital with CV. He’s been ill for about a week where he’s been up and down. They came close to calling an ambulance for him a few days ago but he perked up but has deteriorated badly over the last 48 hours and has spent the last 12 hours vomiting, bad fever and breathing difficulties. No underlying health conditions and only 42.
Seconded 👍
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Yep, all the best to him.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

We need to go and drop some food off tomorrow or Wednesday, we both want to go because we will be leaving it in a safe place and not coming into contact with the other people. I also don't want the other half on her knee getting stuck on her own at her parents.

Sounds like the Police force could take that the wrong way?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

I thought this was quite an informative video
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:49 pm
mik wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:13 pm
Seconded 👍
4thd.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Land Rover, Peugeot 406 replica

Post by Sundayjumper »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:59 pm No previously diagnosed underlying health conditions...
Minor correction.

You've been positively revelling in the doom & gloom, maybe you can cut it out now, for your mate's sake.