Coronavirus

Mito Man

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Mito Man »

So that’s the government’s “contain” and “delay” part of the plan out the window isn’t it...
How about not having a sig at all?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Not really - its the 'contain' part done with. Then we move onto delay which is continuing to isolate those infected in any effort to 'flatten the curve'.

They've acknowledged that this was going to happen - i.e., that an epidemic is inevitable, so I don't think anyone is particularly surprised - doesn't make it any more pleasant to watch it taking place in what feels like slow motion.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Second Death in Milton Keynes hospital...

80 year old infirm man...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Broccers wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:58 pm Supply chains oil and banks all issues.

On my City index spread betting trial account I made 1300 in 12 hours on Lloyds falling . I guess lots of people doing this for real is a major factor too. Easy money.
Sounds like an interesting thing to have a play with on a demo account.

Is there an idiot's guide to this?
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

It's closing in. Just found out from a colleague that her husband's co is affected. Had a visitor into their London office. Some of the people they met have been in the Manc office this week.

I'll bs making my own brews on Monday :lol:
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Local shops are now sold out of paracetamol, ibuprofen, hand wash and loo roll.

Unbelievable.
Cheers,

Mike.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Ascender wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:22 am Local shops are now sold out of paracetamol, ibuprofen, hand wash and loo roll.

Unbelievable.
My other half got the last box of ibuprofen from Sainsbury’s pharmacy yesterday, she’s had a knee op and has been told to take it to help with the swelling. I can only feel for people who are in similarly genuine need of such things and can’t get them because some cunt is worried about catching a heavy cold or flu which currently only 200 people in the country have got :roll:

I’m also quite amused by the trend of buying soap and hand gel and people being called out for not bothering to wash their hands before all this kicked off.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep some people saying that they wash their hands now :roll: you mean like you always should have you thick idiot?

Doesn’t help than Hancock decided to make up a load of bullshit and the supermarkets said that their supply source isn’t guaranteed which has actually made some people panic.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Got to love the “reporting” in this one.

4:23pm panic buyers queuing outside boots for hand sanitiser!!!!!!

No, that’s clearly a shot of Boots just before opening time, which if you’ve ever walked past any town centre pharmacy always has a small queue of people Waiting for it to open) mostly parents who’ve been up all night with poorly kids!)
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Orange Cola wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:14 pm
Ascender wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:22 am Local shops are now sold out of paracetamol, ibuprofen, hand wash and loo roll.

Unbelievable.
My other half got the last box of ibuprofen from Sainsbury’s pharmacy yesterday, she’s had a knee op and has been told to take it to help with the swelling. I can only feel for people who are in similarly genuine need of such things and can’t get them because some cunt is worried about catching a heavy cold or flu which currently only 200 people in the country have got :roll:

I’m also quite amused by the trend of buying soap and hand gel and people being called out for not bothering to wash their hands before all this kicked off.
Yeah, its the impact on other people that the usual selfish cunts just don't consider. There's the genuine need for painkillers and the like by pretty much the whole of society every day, but also those in poverty and the aged who can't just stock up on food and necessities at the drop of a hat. So they pitch up to do their shop and can't buy any loo roll???
Cheers,

Mike.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Did the weekly shop today and there was no Detol Spray, Detol Wipes or Toilet Roll.

Went to Waitrose and Tesco and same story.

On the way home I stopped in a Sainsbury’s Local and our co-op and they had Toilet Roll... so I bought loads...😂

Went back to the co-op 30 mins later and 3 pallets worth was gone!!
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

We genuinely need loo roll in the next week, shall see what turns up on Monday...
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
mik

Post by mik »

Check outside of major supermarkets. I got a 9-pack in a corner shop today, then found myself in a small Co-op later and they had plenty - so I bought another 9-pack. Could easily have bought 10x9-packs, but I’m not a TAUC.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

My local Tesco was almost out of pasta yesterday, just had the more expensive brands left.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Had a look at stock levels in our local Sainsburys yesterday and everything was normal. Northerners don't panic.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I told my friend that stocks were low in London and she sent me this earlier :lol:
Adding fuel to the fire
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

mik

Post by mik »

Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:43 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:58 pm Supply chains oil and banks all issues.

On my City index spread betting trial account I made 1300 in 12 hours on Lloyds falling . I guess lots of people doing this for real is a major factor too. Easy money.
Sounds like an interesting thing to have a play with on a demo account.

Is there an idiot's guide to this?
https://www.cityindex.co.uk/demo-account/

Good luck. It's easy to lose a fortune.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Zonda_ wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:15 am Had a look at stock levels in our local Sainsburys yesterday and everything was normal. Northerners don't panic.
I did a big shop at Morrisons yesterday with no problems then realised I'd forgotten bog roll and goats milk so called in at a Booths today and they had plenty of everything. Didn't notice anyone buying shit loads of stuff either.