Harry’s Garage

Marv

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Marv »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:51 am First rule of mechanics, never put you’re hand where you’re not willing to put your knob.

Dave!
:lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Honestly, hate the Aston.

Front, meh, tacked on ducktail looks dumb, cheap plastic exhaust surrounds reminded me of the awful project 8 front bumper, hate the c-pillar/ rear quarter window and door treatment.

Shutlines look awful everywhere, the door handles look particularly awkward to use, like a budget version of the fiat barchettas.

Boot looked tiny for the huge vehicle, and the sill is still huge, you just don’t step over it because they’ve raised the floor to the same height as it.

Worst of all, those massive PRND buttons along the top of the dash to choose the gear!

So it comes as no surprise that I don’t have my name down for one 😂

Sounds nice though.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If I wanted a Mercedes V8 in a silly 4x4 I’d go for a G-Wagon still :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Foz

Post by Foz »

Just got round to watching the T.50 episode, also listened to Harris’s collecting cars podcast, interesting guy and car.

aesthetically I don’t really like it, but I love the detail
That’s gone into it.

If I was a billionaire and I could, of course I would, and fully expect them to be £5m in a few years..
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

On the Top Gear video Murray mentioned that he had to sell the F1 once it’s value became so much that insurance was a pain and he could no longer slide it due to its value. Would be funny if the same thing happens to the new car within a decade.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

I have not followed the Espada’s rebuild, but here’s a nice little video about its conclusion.

I like the Candy Red one in the workshop.

Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:03 pm On the Top Gear video Murray mentioned that he had to sell the F1 once it’s value became so much that insurance was a pain and he could no longer slide it due to its value. Would be funny if the same thing happens to the new car within a decade.
How do you slide a car that costs £2 million odd anyway?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Zonda_ wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:18 pm
Mito Man wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:03 pm On the Top Gear video Murray mentioned that he had to sell the F1 once it’s value became so much that insurance was a pain and he could no longer slide it due to its value. Would be funny if the same thing happens to the new car within a decade.
How do you slide a car that costs £2 million odd anyway?
"Carefully"
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Same as always, you say “watch this”
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I started driving the e30 more carefully when it started being worth about £15k and would have cost me a grand to buy another set of wheels like the ones I paid £50 for. :lol:
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Cool truck
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Behold the extra under door rubber sealing strip, only seen on vehicles as innovative and luxurious as the aston Martin dbx and the Alfa mito 8-)

Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I guess that’s why Harry thought it’s unique, almost every car has the strip hidden under the door because sticking it on the sill will just result in a lady doing the usual sill kick on entry, thus scratching both the sill and removing the rubber...
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Just watched the DBX one. I like it more than the other offerings. It seems less wrong to have an Aston SUV than a Lambo SUV at least.

If I win the euromillions it'll be on the list to try, can you fit a tow hook? :D
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I like the Aston, but I have no interest in SUVs and as impressive as it is, I don't really see the point in a megafast SUV.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:34 pm Behold the extra under door rubber sealing strip, only seen on vehicles as innovative and luxurious as the aston Martin dbx and the Alfa mito 8-)

You realise the water will just get in at each end where they haven’t fitted the strip don’t you :lol:

Dave!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:31 pm I like the Aston, but I have no interest in SUVs and as impressive as it is, I don't really see the point in a megafast SUV.
I agree Rich, but if money is no object you might as well no?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:59 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:31 pm I like the Aston, but I have no interest in SUVs and as impressive as it is, I don't really see the point in a megafast SUV.
It would be a LONG way down my list, I'd have a mental-tuned RS6 instead I reckon.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just seen the Espada vid. Great rebuilt, only thing that looks naff is the perspex roof. It’s too flimsy so doesn’t reflect light correctly as it warps, looks especially bad when closing a door. Should have tried to get it in glass otherwise just covered it in sheet metal.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:07 pm
duncs500 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:59 pm
It would be a LONG way down my list, I'd have a mental-tuned RS6 instead I reckon.
You could drive thousands of miles a year sat alone in a massive estate car, just so you can fit a wardrobe in it once a year. Live the dream.