4 Paw Dog Drive Fleet running report

Simon

Re: 4 Paw Dog Drive Fleet running report

Post by Simon »

They're ruby Cavalier KCSs. You're looking at 3 girls and 1 boy, just under 2 weeks old. We're having one of the girls.

Coming from the breeder of our neighbour's KCS, with whom they share the same mother, but different Dad. Breeder shows her dogs, and does very very well at it. Neighbour's KCS is beautiful, sweet natured and ultra friendly. We're really looking forward to the end of October when she can come home!
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

8-)
Simon

Post by Simon »

I should add that we've been trying to find a rescue to adopt for over a year. The problem is that we've Maya, the cat, who's only 18 months old.

So that, along with our lifestyles and other imminent changes mean that the number of suitable dogs we could adopt is drastically reduced. Anything that did come up that was suitable for us we either weren't selected by the rescue centre, or other people simply beat us to it. We came to the realisation that by buying from an excellent, known and recommended breeder we weren't 'leaving a dog in a rescue centre without a home' because anything suitable was easily homed anyway.

This journey has been an emotional roller coaster, particularly for the O/H because she so desperately wanted a dog (has always had them as a child) and to constantly find dogs at RSPCA, Dogs Trust etc but never being able to secure one was hugely upsetting.

So in the end 6 months ago we got put in contact with this breeder by our neighbours (she's fussy about who her dogs go to so it has to be by recommendation) and we've been lucky with this litter that we've 'first refusal'.

I've never had a dog before but we tested Doofal (neighbour's KCS) with Maya and they got on fine so it's full steam ahead now to get ready for puppy's arrival!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^A fine shot at adoption, a shame it didn't work out but I guess it helped with the neighbour's recommendation to the breeder. I look forward to puppy - and adult - updates 8-)

I liked the slow motion;

mik

Post by mik »

Brother in law has recently started doing pet pics as a sideline (in addition to other stuff he’s up to)

Arrived today with a couple of pics of ours on A2 sized canvas - taken for a promo exhibition he’d done.

They’re fab 😎

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Lovely pics Mik

I’ve just uploaded a pic of Hunter so thought I’d post it here.

Cheers,

Ian
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Hunter by name, not by nature :D

Lovely pics, mik, but I have to say that while an A2 is a small car it'd take up a lot of wall space.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

scotta

Post by scotta »

Penny is getting big now - not far of the size of the other one.

Great nature so far and is being fantastic with son #2 who has some additional support needs. So much so we are looking to engage with the "Waggy Dog" project to hopefully train her towards being a support dog for him when he needs it. Wife has been along to their classes with her already to start the training.

Still having accidents in the house though. She goes to the door but hasnt worked out she needs to draw attention to needing out yet. I have however bought a couple of machine washable rubber mats that just get chucked in the machine. Were getting there.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

What a wonderful solution to your situation Scott 8-)

No, not the mats :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:03 pm What a wonderful solution to your situation Scott 8-)

No, not the mats :lol:
Hopefully it will work. We'll see how it goes.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I can't see how any other solution could work better, seriously. Best of luck mate.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I might be a cat person, but I have been really pleased with how our kittens have become fond of the dogs.

JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

The interaction between dogs and cats really is one of my most favourite things.
mik

Post by mik »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:44 pm The interaction between dogs and cats really is one of my most favourite things.
Better than brown paper packages tied up with string?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

About the same really. Mittens still out in front.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Pup update.

Spoke to the breeder at the weekend. She's an elderly lady who clearly isn't techno savvy. A bit like JL.

Anyway, we asked her to send us photos of the 4 pups (we're not allowed to visit till week 6, which is in 2 weeks time).

What followed were 3 photos, 2 of which were clearly of the same pup and a third which probably is. Anyway, here is one of them.
Pup2.jpeg
Pup2.jpeg (208.69 KiB) Viewed 2169 times
Literally cannot wait to meet them in 2 weeks time. The o/h is going to cry when she meets them. It's gonna make her so happy! 8-)
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:43 pm I might be a cat person, but I have been really pleased with how our kittens have become fond of the dogs.

I get a little bit envious of this :( it took us 2 years to get May’s prey drive down to not trying to kill cats whilst out on walks- it’s still there though. Think it’s too trained into her to get rid of altogether, so no chance of cats for us.

As for that assembly picture, I quite often come in from work to find her looking like that
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Simon wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:58 pm Spoke to the breeder at the weekend. She's an elderly lady who clearly isn't techno savvy. A bit like JL.
OI!!!! 😂

Phenomenal pup 🖕🏽
scotta

Post by scotta »

Simon wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:58 pm Pup update.

Spoke to the breeder at the weekend. She's an elderly lady who clearly isn't techno savvy. A bit like JL.

Anyway, we asked her to send us photos of the 4 pups (we're not allowed to visit till week 6, which is in 2 weeks time).

What followed were 3 photos, 2 of which were clearly of the same pup and a third which probably is. Anyway, here is one of them.

Pup2.jpeg

Literally cannot wait to meet them in 2 weeks time. The o/h is going to cry when she meets them. It's gonna make her so happy! 8-)
We seen the pups at just over a week old. Why no visits?