Bicyclist thread

simon_g

Re: Bicyclist thread

Post by simon_g »

Amusing that a full bottle of water will increase the weight by 10%. Lovely bike.
ste

Post by ste »

...yeah and lets not mention the rider.
John

Post by John »

I had a nosy at Ste's bike when I collected the mx5 and it is easily the lightest bike I have ever seen. I almost threw it through the garage roof when I lifted it up to test the lightness :lol:

I'm doing 90% of my riding on my Canyon cx bike at the moment, the mountain bike rarely gets a look in now unless we're heading into the peaks.

Cornwall a couple of weeks ago

unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Car battery packed up, could have well have been the original which means it lasted 10 years!

Anyway, there was no way I was going to carry a new battery home on foot so took the pushy.

It's 25kg without the car battery or rider :lol:
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

unzippy wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:13 am Car battery packed up, could have well have been the original which means it lasted 10 years!

Anyway, there was no way I was going to carry a new battery home on foot so took the pushy.

It's 25kg without the car battery or rider :lol:
Thats because you’ve strapped literally every single accessory that Halfords sell to it!!
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Nah, it's 25kg without the accessories!
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
ste

Post by ste »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:14 am Fox Proframe helmet
How's the new lid?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ste wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:14 am Fox Proframe helmet
How's the new lid?
noticably cooler than my other full face helmets, particularly where the vents are on the forehead under the peak. Very light too!

The best thing though is the clasp on the chin strap - it’s magnetic so you just put it close and it clicks itself in. No messing about passing straps between d rings under your chin. Overall: pricey, but worth it.
ste

Post by ste »

Thumbs up.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ste, does riding a 5kg bike feel weird? My B'Twin Triban 5 weighs a little under 10kg and feels light compared to my 12kg or so hybrid that I mainly use. Nearly half the weight must be like riding a feather.
ste

Post by ste »

It feels fucking ace. I've just been out on it actually and it's brilliant. As for how a bike feels, geometry and the weight of the wheels are probably the biggest factors. The Black Inc is very, very fast though. Wheels are light and the bike is obviously light so it accelerates brutally quickly. Wheels are aero too and the tubulars have low rolling resistance so at speed it just carries momentum along so easily.

I guess if you weren't used to it it may feel odd. It's quite twitchy and it steers quickly.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Twitchy and quick steering also applies to my Brompton. Wish that was 5.6kg :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I've just been given a Trek 3500, seems a decent machine. I shall get out on it as soon as I have some suitable legwear!
ste

Post by ste »

What legwear do you need exactly? :?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Well I've only got jeans and I can't imagine them being very comfortable.
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

John wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:23 pm I had a nosy at Ste's bike when I collected the mx5 and it is easily the lightest bike I have ever seen. I almost threw it through the garage roof when I lifted it up to test the lightness :lol:

I'm doing 90% of my riding on my Canyon cx bike at the moment, the mountain bike rarely gets a look in now unless we're heading into the peaks.

Cornwall a couple of weeks ago

West Pentire... I share a cottage in Crantock with my folks, but have never taken a bike down there as I've always thought that the tight high-sided lanes would be frustrating.
mik

Post by mik »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:55 pm Well I've only got jeans and I can't imagine them being very comfortable.
Its like primary school mate - if you dont have your cycling shorts, you just have to go out in your pants.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:17 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:55 pm Well I've only got jeans and I can't imagine them being very comfortable.
Its like primary school mate - if you dont have your cycling shorts, you just have to go out in your pants.
If you've not brought your kit, you have to do it in the nuddy. That's the rules.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:19 pm
mik wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:17 pm
If you've not brought your kit, you have to do it in the nuddy. That's the rules.
Just so you know, not all schools subscribed to that rule and that PE teacher was a bad man.
John

Post by John »

Jimexpl wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:06 pm
West Pentire... I share a cottage in Crantock with my folks, but have never taken a bike down there as I've always thought that the tight high-sided lanes would be frustrating.
Share as in own? Lucky you if so. We tend to visit out of season so the traffic isn't too bad once you get away from the hotspots.