Coronavirus

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ascender »

Cashless society remember! The bloke who picked up my Golf R told me all about it.
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Ascender wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:24 pm Cashless society remember! The bloke who picked up my Golf R told me all about it.
What, as in everyone's stone broke? :lol:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:45 pm
Ascender wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:24 pm Cashless society remember! The bloke who picked up my Golf R told me all about it.
What, as in everyone's stone broke? :lol:
Haha it's not far from the truth.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Well we've had our WFH guidance changed so that we won't need to see an office again till 1/7/2021. Not really a surprise considering the trajectory we're on, and that other big tech like Google have done the same.

I'll probably have to buy a new chair for the home office.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
GG.

Post by GG. »

Simon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:01 pm 1/7/2021.
Is that date in Sterling or Dollars? Another year out the office seems a bit of an overreaction :lol:

We are supposed to be going back to the office in September. Not sure that is going to happen en masse. Would actually be quite interesting as we've moved into a shiny new skyscraper on Bishopsgate so I'd actually have a good view for once (that is unless my office faces another building :? )
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Making arrangements to go back in a few weeks, been doing a day a week in the office for a month or so and WFH the rest, but should be back up to full time after hols in early Sept.

I'm happy to be going back to be honest.
GG.

Post by GG. »

I would be barring an hour's commute each way on bus and tube. I'm not keen to expose myself to that number of people right now to be honest. If I could drive in it'd be fine and dandy.

Would be nice to use this as a segue to part home working though to be honest.
Simon

Post by Simon »

GG. wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 pm
Is that date in Sterling or Dollars? Another year out the office seems a bit of an overreaction :lol:
That's in old English. Considering that I only went in 1 or 2 days a week before it's not a big change. The fact is that we're not gonna get out of this mess until a vaccine has been widely distributed, which certainly isn't going to be by the end of this year. More interesting is our travel moratorium until 31/12/2020, unless we have SVP approval. The company is really keen to make sure that don't get ill, and considering that ourselves we actually enable remote working for millions or workers across the world, eating our own dog-food is pretty easy.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

GG. wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:21 pm I would be barring an hour's commute each way on bus and tube. I'm not keen to expose myself to that number of people right now to be honest. If I could drive in it'd be fine and dandy.

Would be nice to use this as a segue to part home working though to be honest.
Thankfully one (so far very quiet) NR train gets me from my home station to right outside work. Yeah, fuck tubes and buses.

Edit - Although I felt the same about tubes and buses before the pandemic!
GG.

Post by GG. »

Simon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:30 pm
GG. wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 pm
That's in old English.
Best check with your employer if they mean Ærraliða or Æfteraliða if they're using the Old English calendar as the sixth and seventh month is merged. You don't want to pitch up in the 'before-mild' when they meant the 'after-mild' month. That'd be terribly embarrassing. ;)
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

We’re back for whenever we want (which is quite a bit to be fair) and most of our clients are beginning to filter in too. London is a different matter though, but that’s solely because of the public transport.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Ours is open-ended, no decision made. Offices are open for a few people with special permission and VIPs, but as long as the social distancing advice/rules are in place, they're not changing things.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Shlergen

Post by Shlergen »

No pressure, can't see me back in the office this year. The car I bought to do 20+k a year is sitting as a rather large ornament on the drive.

I'm still buying crap but it's amazing how much I'm saving each month.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Beany wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:06 pm Is that.....is that real?

Because if so, christ alive that man is dense as fuck.
The full interview has been dumped on youtube without any geographic locks.

Oh my god, that's a full on fucking train wreck.

Curious to see people no social media saying the interviewer 'wasn't respectful'. I suspect these people haven't seen a real poltical interview in the US for decades.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Worth bearing in mind that the reason this interview happened was the journalist is a conservative friend of the Trump's.

Even his friends cannot save him from himself.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Need to watch all of it, but the first 5 minutes are enough to see he’s not changed or learned anything. Totally limited vocabulary; its all fake news; won’t listen to reason or fact; its all about how great a job he’s doing; seems all over the place like a fly in a jar; total lack of self awareness; no detail behind anything he’s talking about. He talks like a teenager bluffing his way through an exam question or work experience interview.

HTAF did he get voted-in?

The interviewer is very good, he just lets the pumpkin-faced cunt hang himself. Although I still swear it looks like the next series of Veep.
Last edited by Ascender on Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,

Mike.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Shlergen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:50 pm The car I bought to do 20+k a year is sitting as a rather large ornament on the drive.
Same. I’ve only put diesel in the 7 once since the middle of March, that must mean <500 miles.
Simon

Post by Simon »

^^ Same. Remember back in early March I posted that I filled both cars with petrol? I still haven't used up that tank in the Merc, and the Yeti's only been filled a couple of times since.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I've ticked over 10,000 miles since buying my Merc this week. Keep working from home, I like the roads quiet ;)