McLaren 650S Spider: 5 Years as my Daily Driver

SSO

McLaren 650S Spider: 5 Years as my Daily Driver

Post by SSO »

Just posted a new karenable.com article on using the 650S Spider as my daily for the last 5 years:

https://karenable.com/mclaren-650s-spid ... ly-driver/

Comments?
Pete_

Re: McLaren 650S Spider: 5 Years as my Daily Driver

Post by Pete_ »

Nice to hear a positive ownership experience for a change :D
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

That's fantastic. I would think the magic suspension might have a lot to do with how nice it is to use on a daily basis.
Brings to mind the Honda NSX, back in its day, in terms of being a supercar you can use everyday (and that further brings to mind the point when they were sub £20k to buy).
Left over crest; tightens.
SSO

Post by SSO »

Pete_ wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:35 am Nice to hear a positive ownership experience for a change :D
I do believe the vast majority are positive, its just that the negative ones tend to be very shouty.
SSO

Post by SSO »

JonMad wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:54 am That's fantastic. I would think the magic suspension might have a lot to do with how nice it is to use on a daily basis.
Brings to mind the Honda NSX, back in its day, in terms of being a supercar you can use everyday (and that further brings to mind the point when they were sub £20k to buy).
Suspension is definitely key. Don't think we will ever see a GBP 20k 650S though.....
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I love the fact that you have one of those as a daily driver and its clear from all your articles how much you love actually driving all your cars. I’ll never be in the position to own any of them, but even if I could, I couldn’t understand buying cars like that to gather dust and be things to look at rather than be driven.
Cheers,

Mike.
SSO

Post by SSO »

Ascender wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:29 pm I love the fact that you have one of those as a daily driver and its clear from all your articles how much you love actually driving all your cars. I’ll never be in the position to own any of them, but even if I could, I couldn’t understand buying cars like that to gather dust and be things to look at rather than be driven.
Likewise, I just don't understand the people who buy these cars and then just look at them in their garage.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Fantastic to have this to drive every day with little worries. Maybe people have more issues by not using their cars often?
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Great to hear someone who has a positive experience, can I have first refusal on your ‘good’ car when you come to sell it? If I start saving now... ;)

I’ve picked up your time is split between Texas and New England, this McLaren is your daily driver and you’ve referenced driving it between the two areas, do you regularly drive long distances in this or any of your other cars? Or do you do some flying and some transportation of cars between the locations to keep the miles down? Obviously you’re happy with the car, I just get the impression you spend a lot of time in it as a daily driver and actually it might be more of a GT!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
SSO

Post by SSO »

Orange Cola wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:46 pm Great to hear someone who has a positive experience, can I have first refusal on your ‘good’ car when you come to sell it? If I start saving now... ;)

I’ve picked up your time is split between Texas and New England, this McLaren is your daily driver and you’ve referenced driving it between the two areas, do you regularly drive long distances in this or any of your other cars? Or do you do some flying and some transportation of cars between the locations to keep the miles down? Obviously you’re happy with the car, I just get the impression you spend a lot of time in it as a daily driver and actually it might be more of a GT!
I do regularly drive long distances:

https://karenable.com/1573-miles-in-the ... lt-spider/

https://karenable.com/mclaren-675lt-spi ... o-the-sea/