Fish Supper

I consume mine

Contents Transferred onto a plate, eaten using a knife and fork.
57%
As above but using fine bone China and silver cutlery only
3%
In Paper placed on table/placemat using my hands (aka THE ONLY CORRECT WAY)
24%
In Paper placed onto a plate so I can clean more dishes
8%
Off the floor using feet only
No votes
By ramming my face into the paper packaging - no hands (aka the Mudge method)
3%
I am fed by the butler
3%
Eww - a chip shop? I’d rather starve!
3%
I just shove it all up my bottom / in my ears etc. But with a knife and fork - I’m not an animal.
No votes

Total votes: 37

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Fish Supper

Post by Rich B »

So we’re at 54% “plate and cutlery” Vs 31% “on the cave floor with fingers. It’s Brexit all over again for Mik...
mik

Post by mik »

By strange coincidence, this appeared in my twitter feed this morning. Judging by the comments it appears to bring as many questions as answers though - this is a hugely complex issue.

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Well that's bizarre - mushy peas are surely more widely liked than just in Cornwall, Oxfordshire and Nottinghamshire (and a bit in the East Riding)?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Curry sauce for me.

Mushy peas are not a choice I would ever make.
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Very odd, as they're not a condiment, so don't preclude the addition of sauces.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:20 am Well that's bizarre - mushy peas are surely more widely liked than just in Cornwall, Oxfordshire and Nottinghamshire (and a bit in the East Riding)?
I'm from Lancashire, and I have mushy peas almost as often as gravy, with fish. With a sausage/steak pudding, I'll have both. And minor heart failure afterwards.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Cheese?!?? I’d never seen that in all my young years living up in the proper north, it was always just salt & vinegar.

One of the biggest culture shocks I’ve had was when I moved to Edinburgh and was greeted by “salt & sauce?”. WTF??
Cheers,

Mike.
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

Salt, no vinegar, tartar sauce, on a plate, with chopsticks.
M235i
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:20 am Well that's bizarre - mushy peas are surely more widely liked than just in Cornwall, Oxfordshire and Nottinghamshire (and a bit in the East Riding)?
Weird - I always thought that mushy peas were just a standard part of a fish supper. Everywhere sells it as an accompaniment so I never had any reason to doubt.
Last edited by GG. on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I've been pilloried for it in the past on here, but I'm proud to say baked beans are my preference with chips. :-D

Edit - I accept that it's unconventional.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Ascender wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:30 am Cheese?!?? I’d never seen that in all my young years living up in the proper north, it was always just salt & vinegar.

One of the biggest culture shocks I’ve had was when I moved to Edinburgh and was greeted by “salt & sauce?”. WTF??
First time I encountered cheese on chips was in Aberdeen, though it was in a restaurant/cafe rather than a chippy. Cheesy chips seem to be popular with kids but I've never understood why you'd ruin the crispiness with some sweating cheddar. A half-assed attempt at poutine, perhaps?

Duncs, which brand? :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:lol: Well sometimes the shite ones they have at the chippy, but probably Heinz at home, but I am prepared to sample these Branstons ones at some point.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

speedingfine wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:03 pm
dinny_g wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm I have never had battered fish from a fish and chip shop and I never will...
Dafuuq?
I know - I love fish but just not cooked in that way.

If I must, I'll have a battered sausage, chips and curry sauce. I must have a fork of some description to eat this on the move but at home, it's transferred to a plate and eaten with cutlery. The plate is then washed. :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Ketchup, curry sauce, grated cheese, mayonnaise; whatever is there is fine with me. I’m not fussy enough to demand it has to be one thing every time.

I don’t really care what people want to call bread rolls either.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

When I was at 6th form the delicacy from the canteen was chips with cheese, beans and gravy on top, in that order
mik

Post by mik »

Alex_ wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 am Salt, no vinegar, tartar sauce, on a plate, with chopsticks.
I would like to apologise. Not just to Alex, but to the entire forum, for failing to add a voting option for this combination. Sometime we screw up guys. :cry:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:57 am
speedingfine wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:03 pm
dinny_g wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:54 pm I have never had battered fish from a fish and chip shop and I never will...
Dafuuq?
I know - I love fish but just not cooked in that way.

If I must, I'll have a battered sausage, chips and curry sauce. I must have a fork of some description to eat this on the move but at home, it's transferred to a plate and eaten with cutlery. The plate is then washed. :lol:
An absolute unit
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

mik wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:13 am
Alex_ wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 am Salt, no vinegar, tartar sauce, on a plate, with chopsticks.
I would like to apologise. Not just to Alex, but to the entire forum, for failing to add a voting option for this combination. Sometime we screw up guys. :cry:
I’m still waiting for you to upload my option, you savage!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Alex_

Post by Alex_ »

mik wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:13 am
As punishment, I'm sending you a fish supper from Blue Lagoon.
Last edited by Alex_ on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
M235i
mik

Post by mik »

Any addition to the list resets all the current votes to zero. The forum assumes a RIGHT FIRST TIME strategy has been deployed.