Coronavirus

Orange Cola

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Orange Cola »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:14 am
Orange Cola wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:13 pm It’ll be interesting to see what the outcome of this is. Gov to discuss opening pubs on 22nd June instead of the 4th July to help prevent job losses in the sector, conversation happening on Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52964669
Good old Government - this news item is just over a week old and the BBPA issued this yesterday because there has been no decision: https://beerandpub.com/2020/06/15/beer- ... overnment/

I imagine the BBPA represents the smaller brewers and landlords rather than the big players, since they don't need an industry body to have lobbying power.
You would think the government would understand this what with them being focussed on the economic recovery :lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

KiwiDave wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:35 am Our clean slate stopped today. 24 days with 0 cases, now 2 from the UK allowed in to visit a family member who was dying. Contract tracing regime about to be tested to see if the country can still keep the virus out.
Throw the doors open in the UK ;)

Makes you wonder how they’ve picked it up in the UK, assuming they were following the correct guidance...
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Orange Cola wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:30 am
KiwiDave wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:35 am Our clean slate stopped today. 24 days with 0 cases, now 2 from the UK allowed in to visit a family member who was dying. Contract tracing regime about to be tested to see if the country can still keep the virus out.

Makes you wonder how they’ve picked it up in the UK, assuming they were following the correct guidance...
They’re flying to the other side of the world to attend a funeral during a global pandemic and when people in this country are being restricted from funeral attendance. I’m not convinced these are people who are sticklers for self-isolation.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:59 am

They’re flying to the other side of the world to attend a funeral during a global pandemic and when people in this country are being restricted from funeral attendance. I’m not convinced these are people who are sticklers for self-isolation.

Anyone would think noone is travelling anywhere at the moment if you read the news. Its just not the case.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:59 am

That’s my point exactly. I wonder if track and trace is just going to highlight the idiots :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

It’s certainly highlighted the idiots who made the app :lol:
An absolute unit
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

:lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

They flew to New Zealand as he was sick. He unfortunately died while they were still isolating on their arrival. They were then granted compassionate leave to attend the funeral.

Or so I read it...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I read one of them had symptoms but put it down to pre-existing conditions 🙄
You give people and inch and they take a mile.
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:36 pm I read one of them had symptoms but put it down to pre-existing conditions 🙄
You give people and inch and they take a mile.
But ultimately the relevant NZ authorities' fault for granting the compassionate leave from quarantine.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Received an antibody testing letter today so have signed up. Apparently not nailed-on if they'll send a test kit out, but will be interested to see if it comes up positive.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Every fecker I know seems to have got one of those letters in London from either Imperial or UCL, apart from me!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:26 am
Read about that this morning - the system seemed to work though - they were quarantined, tested etc. they didn't get to see their father before he passed and only travelled to the funeral, alone in a private car - stayed with a single person who's now isolating etc
Apparently not...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ine-fiasco
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

I had "the test" last week. Don't do it, it's 'kin awful.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:22 pm But ultimately the relevant NZ authorities' fault for granting the compassionate leave from quarantine.
Actually correct. I'm a huge fan of the current govt here, regardless of political leanings they've dealt with a massacre, a volcanic eruption and a global pandemic and only received universal praise for it. However, here, the system put in place didn't work, people didn't do what they said they'd do and just as we were doing really well, we were let down by incompetence. Rightly so it makes the PM, Govt and the Minister of Health look like turkeys.

They've appointed the military to take over the operation and oversight of the border now. Not a bad response, but I think it's dented Jacinda's image of competence quite a bit.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

unzippy wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:44 pm I had "the test" last week. Don't do it, it's 'kin awful.
I've heard that too. 2mins up through the nose into the back of the throat correct? :(
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

KiwiDave wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:15 am
unzippy wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:44 pm I had "the test" last week. Don't do it, it's 'kin awful.
I've heard that too. 2mins up through the nose into the back of the throat correct? :(
I was coming down with a cold, but with Bec's asthma, she wanted to make sure. I went to one of the drive through ones, they had a swab a foot long, I thought it was that long so that they didn't have to get too close to me. Nope, up the nose and scrape what felt like the back of your eyeball. Stings would be an understatement. It must be up there with childbirth.

Anyway 2 days later I got a test giving me the all clear. I'm off to the pub tonight 8-)
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Good to hear Dave. Doesn't sound too nice apart from the pub bit :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

These are the kits the government is happily sending to people at home now and of course most people aren’t going to self harm by sticking something so far in so lots of false negatives.