Coronavirus

dinny_g

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dinny_g »

Indeed Jobbo...

Debenhams in MK shopping centre isn’t re-opening due to Rent disagreements

Flag Ship store of the center.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

INTU were ready to call in administrators last week; I think they'll actually go bust after 24 June when the rents are due but they'll struggle on for another couple of weeks.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Wow - didn’t see that part :shock:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:31 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:27 am
Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:19 am
The rent quarter day on 24 June will be the killer blow to many businesses though, so that's going to be more telling for the future than today's figures.
Any savvy landlord should help their tenants after all who is going to take their place? Something is better than nothing in my book. I honestly feel more upbeat about business now, it's just the media banging on about misery.
Any savvy landlord like, say, INTU?
No idea. I do quite a lot of work for shopping centres, will be interesting to see how they adapt from Monday.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:56 am
Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:54 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:29 am

Very fecking long if they don't get kids back in school anytime soon. I genuinely don't think they understand the consequences of the schools situation.
Is that because people are looking after children rather than working? Or have I missed something?
There’s a learning gap between the top performing and lowest performing kids that’s been closing for years. Estimates are this has set Education back at least a decade.
Sadly the opportunity for feckless parents to dump there kids onto a teaching system which has massively impressed me has gone. So they will just fall behind where some parents try harder to engage in some education. You don’t have to keep to a syllabus to keep your child interested and learning.

Maxwell ended up going back this week, Tuesday to Thursday, as on a walk with the dog he got upset as he missed school. We have a parents call in a week about how they feel he is in class since the closures, they have regular updates and pictures online to show them all happy and working in the limited conditions they have etc. Couldn’t have asked for more and a lot of praise will be going their way.

It looks like they appreciate not everyone will have had the help
and encouragement children really need and are working to making school a fun place to learn.

I don’t know anyone with children in secondary school so no idea how they are working with support etc ?

Dave!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

We’re getting more support and contact from the high school than from the primary. The primary school work is just busy work with no real value, whereas the high school is providing 3 to 4 hours a day to keep up with the syllabus.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:27 pm We’re getting more support and contact from the high school than from the primary. The primary school work is just busy work with no real value, whereas the high school is providing 3 to 4 hours a day to keep up with the syllabus.
Sounds similar to what I've heard from friends. I also had a letter from my old 2ndary school yesterday, which was a surprise. Writing to all old pupils that are on their books to receive updates about the school, to inform them of how they've been coping in the conditions. It pretty much read as though they're teaching full-time to full classes, all online. It made for impressive reading but I'm far from convinced. Fair play if they have managed to schieve it though.

It should not be this variable though.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I thought the FTSE rally stopped rather suddenly. Can see why now - Gove has basically confirmed we leave the EU with no deal come January:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Utter madness
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:42 pmUtter madness
Politically though it ensures they can blame any economic pain on either CV19 or Brexit depending on who's asking
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Speechless.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

On the same day that he is due to announce the relaxation of border checks on imports from the EU. A smuggler's charter awaits. I can't see that he will be satisfying the Leave supporters with the restricted border checks so this is a bit of a lose/lose for Gove today.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:56 pm On the same day that he is due to announce the relaxation of border checks on imports from the EU. A smuggler's charter awaits. I can't see that he will be satisfying the Leave supporters with the restricted border checks so this is a bit of a lose/lose for Gove today.
I'm sure Broccers will be along in a minute to tell you it's a master class in negotiating because without a deal we'll stop the EU economy recovering so it'll be down to them to give us a favourable deal by December.

Oh no wait, he'll just sit there and say it's a master class in negotiation and then call us all mugs for 'not seeing the obvious'.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:04 pm without a deal we'll stop the EU economy recovering so it'll be down to them to give us a favourable deal by December.
Won’t happen though - the EU has no issue cutting its own nose off to spite its face on a point of Principle
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:19 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:04 pm without a deal we'll stop the EU economy recovering so it'll be down to them to give us a favourable deal by December.
Won’t happen though - the EU has no issue cutting its own nose off to spite its face on a point of Principle
We all know that but try telling that to the Brexit folk, when it doesn't come off it'll just be "shady EU tactics to see the UK fail".
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Sounds about right...
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Haven't heard much about vaccines lately so found this: Link.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Interesting reading. I do wonder how fast they can get a vaccine out around the world, it's going to take a very long time to get everyone vaccinated when (if) one becomes available...
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:19 pm
But most importantly, they won’t give a shit because we’re nowhere near as important to the EU economy as the gammorons imagine.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Orange Cola wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:04 pm
Jobbo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:56 pm On the same day that he is due to announce the relaxation of border checks on imports from the EU. A smuggler's charter awaits. I can't see that he will be satisfying the Leave supporters with the restricted border checks so this is a bit of a lose/lose for Gove today.
I'm sure Broccers will be along in a minute to tell you it's a master class in negotiating because without a deal we'll stop the EU economy recovering so it'll be down to them to give us a favourable deal by December.

Oh no wait, he'll just sit there and say it's a master class in negotiation and then call us all mugs for 'not seeing the obvious'.
Sounds legit. :lol: