Protesting / Villains

Broccers

Protesting / Villains

Post by Broccers »

All ok now is it? Can tell these kids have been locked up for too long.

MSM helping rev them up for more.

ZedLeg

Re: Protesting / Villains

Post by ZedLeg »

That famously unbiased commentator Julia Hartley-Brewer :lol:
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

My friend works for the Met and said the hatred being thrown at them is incredible.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

V8Granite wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:15 am My friend works for the Met and said the hatred being thrown at them is incredible.

Dave!
How they kept their cool was amazing.

Hope the kids got it out of their system, kinda ruined the whole process.

Proper hard core hoodlams weren't out which was a blessing,
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The other side of the story is that the crowd only got rowdy after they were kettled while trying to leave and the met ran a cavalry charge through the middle of London.

Who knows the truth of it though.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s no different to football hooligans, you get a protest and pretty soon a group of people join for no reason other than to swing a punches :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Having watched most of it on twitter that wasnt the case Zed but people will believe what they want.

I do object to not being able to have a view because I am not black and need educating apparently. There were people actually interviewed over the weekend who said the Blacks despised the Asians and didnt like being lumped into Bames - made me laugh at the irony.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I was following it on twitter too, I guess it depends on who you’re following 😉

The reason people don’t like bame is because it lumps people into white and everything else.
An absolute unit
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

It will be nice when we don't have to have terms like BAME at all. Being black should be the same as having blue eyes, in that it's a visual feature of one's genetic heritage, and nothing more.

I couldn't possibly know what it's like right now, and I don't like reading opinion through the media either because that's often extreme and polarising. I just listen to my friends from minorities when the subject of race has come up, and try to gauge what progress we've made from their experiences.

As with almost anything, I think the experience of the middle classes is different from that of the poor and less educated. The people I talk to are generally successful and don't feel like their race has held them back, in fact some have said that things like this make them feel more different than they do in their everyday lives. Of course not the experience of everybody.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:12 pm It will be nice when we don't have to have terms like BAME at all. Being black should be the same as having blue eyes, in that it's a visual feature of one's genetic heritage, and nothing more.
I think the problem with this viewpoint Is that it falls in line with I don’t see race or all lives matter. (not that I’m saying this is what you think)

It erases the heritage of people of different races. People want to be seen without being judged.
An absolute unit
Richard

Post by Richard »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:19 pm
duncs500 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:12 pm It will be nice when we don't have to have terms like BAME at all. Being black should be the same as having blue eyes, in that it's a visual feature of one's genetic heritage, and nothing more.
I think the problem with this viewpoint Is that it falls in line with I don’t see race or all lives matter. (not that I’m saying this is what you think)

It erases the heritage of people of different races. People want to be seen without being judged.
"Not seeing colour" is a problem. We should see colour. We should embrace colour. Although, I think more than colour, actually we should be seeing and embracing different culture, and ideas that will come, often from people of different colours.

I think most people who say "I don't see colour" are probably trying to mean, I don't let colour negatively affect the way I'm going to view this person. I'd hope so, anyway.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I believe hightlighting differences makes it worse.... most folk dont care day to day which is what we all want I reckon 8-)

Anyway kicking off doesnt solve anything.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Highlighting differences only makes things worse if you carry a negative prejudice with it.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:46 pm Highlighting differences only makes things worse if you carry a negative prejudice with it.
Not biting - go and wind Rich B up :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I think reading that and suggesting that it erases any heritage is reading something extra into it that isn't there. We all have heritage, some good, some bad, all part of life. It doesn't have anything to do with the way you judge and individual does it?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I think I’m steering clear of race discussions on line. Its too easy to say something that could be taken the wrong way/cause offence and Tbh I don’t actually have any opinions on race that would/should cause offence to anyone.

(See the exchange above for reference)
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Richard wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:27 pm

"Not seeing colour" is a problem. We should see colour. We should embrace colour. Although, I think more than colour, actually we should be seeing and embracing different culture, and ideas that will come, often from people of different colours.

I think most people who say "I don't see colour" are probably trying to mean, I don't let colour negatively affect the way I'm going to view this person. I'd hope so, anyway.
Who said anything about not seeing colour though? We should, and many people do, embrace that our nation is filled with different colours and cultures, all feeding in to the overall national culture.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Seeing race in order to celebrate it or learn from it or embrace it is fine. (so long as it's done in the right way and not falling on stereotypes etc.)

Seeing race in order to discriminate against it, or reject it or fear it is NOT fine.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:08 pm I think I’m steering clear of race discussions on line. Its too easy to say something that could be taken the wrong way/cause offence and Tbh I don’t actually have any opinions on race that would/should cause offence to anyone.

(See the exchange above for reference)
Probably wise Rich. I don't know why I posted on here, I didn't think what I wrote was that controversial. :lol:
Richard

Post by Richard »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:10 pm
Richard wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:27 pm

Who said anything about not seeing colour though? We should, and many people do, embrace that our nation is filled with different colours and cultures, all feeding in to the overall national culture.
Really, I was agreeing with you